A consumable item that makes so the pokemon never evolves

Meh

Question

Ok so, now that eviolite is a thing in pokemmo, LC became more active, meaning that the community is creating more and more LC mons.

With that, they have to train those LC pokemon, thus having the risk to evolve them without the player noticing it.

I propose to create a new consumable item that denies the chance of said pokemon to evolve (like a vitamin or a pp up).

Now I know someone will say "What if you missclick and give that item for the wrong pokemon?", simple, make an item that allows  the pokemon to evolve again.

I also know that everstones exists, but seriously? The EXP share method is way quicker, and this item would make training way safer.

7 answers to this question

I already addressed this issue with a simple "toggle" option back in 2016, but whether it would be an item you use that would be entirely fine as well (as long as you can use another item to negate the effect).

56 minutes ago, HandsomeLooker1492 said:

That will never happen. The rest of the suggestion are just excuses to add the item.

There is already an item like that in the gift shop in the miscellaneous called Amnesia Brace.

What's up with the disrespectful tone for an idea that would truly help players?

Not to mention that Amnesia Brace is much worse alternative to Exp. Share since you can effectively only raise one Pokemon at a time in the same pace where as Exp. Share would do 5. And that it also costs RP, and this is not a feature that should be RP dependent in the first place.

2 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

¿Qué pasa con el tono irrespetuoso de una idea que realmente ayudaría a los jugadores?

The truth of all the publications that this guy answers, only negative comments for this publication, without any solid argument. 

13 hours ago, Meh said:

Ok, entonces, ahora que eviolite es algo en pokemmo, LC se volvió más activo, lo que significa que la comunidad está creando cada vez más LC mons.

Con eso, tienen que entrenar a los LC pokemon, teniendo así el riesgo de evolucionarlos sin que el jugador se dé cuenta.

Propongo crear un nuevo artículo consumible que niega la posibilidad de que dicho pokemon evolucione (como una vitamina o un pp).

Ahora sé que alguien dirá "¿Qué pasa si omites y das ese ítem por el pokemon incorrecto?", Simple, crea un ítem que permita que el pokemon evolucione nuevamente.

También sé que everstones existe, ¿pero en serio? El método de compartir EXP es mucho más rápido, y este elemento hará que el entrenamiento sea más seguro.

I like the idea, especially for the Meowth that you want to take to level 100 and evolve along the way by the minimum carelessness, I hope the developers take it into account. 

9 hours ago, HandsomeLooker1492 said:

That will never happen. The rest of the suggestion are just excuses to add the item.

There is already an item like that in the gift shop in the miscellaneous called Amnesia Brace.

What will never happen, is people taking you seriously.

8 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I already addressed this issue with a simple "toggle" option back in 2016, but whether it would be an item you use that would be entirely fine as well (as long as you can use another item to negate the effect).

I kinda feel like a npc ingame(toggle option, sort of), would honestly be the best option, we could pay a fee for it, and would be one more money sink that this game kinda needs.

Irrelevant points aside, the correct way to handle this is to prompt the user for evolution in some manner, in the actual games at least after gen 6, it does not start evolving a pokemon until the game actually receives a keypress at the evolution screen, it ensures that the player is there to be able to cancel the evolution if that is what they want.

3 hours ago, Munya said:

Irrelevant points aside, the correct way to handle this is to prompt the user for evolution in some manner, in the actual games at least after gen 6, it does not start evolving a pokemon until the game actually receives a keypress at the evolution screen, it ensures that the player is there to be able to cancel the evolution if that is what they want.

Nothing against, and would solve the problem entirely.

4 hours ago, Munya said:

Although, what if the player fat fingers Z while the evolution screen is happening?

Imagine you are training Treecko, and it's past lvl 16, meaning that it's already able evolve, but before it tries to evolve, it has to learn a new move. You could acidentally press the button Z twice(so you can speed up the text), activating the evolution cutscene without noticing.(probally because you are doing something else in the background desktop)

If the staff are actually going to implement that feature, I feel like there should be "Lag" before the evolution begins, I'd about say 5 seconds delay, to prevent that situation from happening.

I'm not sure if I quite explained my point, but ehh, I tried.