[PSL X] Predictions Thread

Very well, to avoid the unusual massive amount of bias within the posts above, I will refrain from commenting on my own team. (Even though I can safely say to those who are underestimating it that they are in for a surprise, and not a pleasant one)

Either way, people are predicting based on players alone, which is completely stupid since there are so many variables such as managers, bond between players, etc etc. but this is what my top 7 would look like.

1- KIENZANGOOSE/ TheDankExpress:

I rly can´t pick one over the other. Kriliin´s team have a lot of synergy and is overall solid. There isn´t any weak link in the group, and its flaws are a minority.  Deffinitely one of the teams to get a high spot. 

Life´s team, on the other hand, is a hit-or-miss team. The whole draft is solid (If we were in 1956) and therefore it is a team that, imo, will either be a top contestant if all players in there dedicate themselves towards this cause, or a disaster if they don´t. I placed it 1st tied with Kriliin´s because they have an enormous potential to be so.

2-TheRedScale / TheCacklingCacturnes/VGC:

All these 3 teams can beat each other on their very best days, and the differences between them aren´t that high, so I considered them as equal. Maekaay´s team seems solid, although a bit risky, which is the reason why they are not on the top spots of this list. Like Lifestyle´s roster, some players of this team are also kinda dead, so its success will depend a lot on the commitment of those guys. Probably the weakest of the 3, but hard to say. Havsha´s team is overall solid, there are some choices I did not quite understand, but I am sure Havsha does. On the other hand, I don´t think there is that much versatility in this team, and that is the reason why is not placed higher. Forfiter´s team seems underrated, and I believe there are some good picks here. Orangemaniac/ijullian are really versatile players and help balancing this team. That said, there are some glaring weaknesses, which ofc I won´t point out, but in all fairness, they deserve this spot.

3- Strawhats/Tactless Tangelas:

Even though I placed these 2 teams last, there are players I don´t know well on Strawhats team, and that said, they can be a surprise. Lack of a good leader kinda set the placement of this team for me, and elcoolio is dead. However, I won´t be that surprised if they reach playoffs with ease. Preda´s team, on the other hand, has a really solid roster but lacks versatility and what set its placement for me is the fact it possesses only 8 players, making it a really risky decision. 

12 hours ago, Havsha said:

Bien podría comenzar esta fiesta:

1. Cacturnes Cackling

Revelar contenidos ocultos

I am genuinely surprised that the other managers let me get away with such a powerful draft,  however, in interest of secrecy I'll keep my analysis of my own team short. It is near impossible to contest that the Cacturne's have the best OU line up in the league, that have the potential to go undefeated throughout the main season. However, our dominance does not merely stop with OU, as the Cacturne's have potential MVP candidates in every single tier. Furthermore, the players within The Cacturnes offer a very diverse tier pool, this means that should a hole appear, it will be easily patched up and restored to a level that may exceed its previous state.The team make up is one designed to aspire comradely and co-operation, and I believe this will play a key role in pushing players further beyond their initial potential. There are dark horses within this team that will take PSL by storm, it would be unwise to underestimate anyone on this line up.  

2. The Dank Express

All things considered, this team will either hit or miss. Its components are primary older, more experienced players, and as such many are surprised that Life was able to pick them up for so cheap. However, as much potential as these players have many of the players are inactive, and outdated.  Furthermore, the team seems to lack a ringer to push them beyond a certain point of excellence, and the presence of all that ego will inevitably slow down the train. Because of all this, I believe the team will either hit or miss. If Life is able to push the players, and if they are able to swallow their pride and reach their potential then it is a team to be reckoned with, however, if they fail, their standings may fall near to bottom of the league. I've place them at number two because I do not underestimate these players, I know first hand that many will push themselves to prove they're still relevant, however whether or not they can truly achieve this is still in the air.

3. Escala roja

Red Scale is a team full of above average players, however lack the real deals to dominate in any single tier. However, I believe their strength will come from the team work  within the team. Their real strengths lie within the UU line ups, however they will potentially fall short in the other tiers. What will make or break this team are the dark horses, in particular Vadim, Risadex and Rikoudo, if they can prove their worth and gain speed in PSL, then this team will be one to fear. This is why the team chemistry within this team will be its strongest component, as without any real ringers Red Scale will have to rely on a collective push to take them over the finish line. Fortunately for Mae, he was able to pick up players such as Axell and Schuch who will prove instrumental in providing such a mindset within the team. Whether or not the dark horse within Red Scale will shine bright enough is yet to be seen, but it would be foolish to count them out.

4. Tactless Tangela

Preda has placed the Tangelas in a precarious position with his draft. Drafting only 8 players seems to be a mistake that may prove to be the Achilles Heel of this line up. If a player is busy, or is under-performing then there is no room for salvaging the team, thus the key for the Tangelas to flourish lies in every single player within the team pulling their own weight. Players such as Sparkie, Butler, Zhiko and Gunt will act as the foundation for this team, both in regards to their performances and their leadership. However, if even one of them is unable to live up to such a high standard, I fear this team will fall apart. In spite of this, this team has a large amount of potential, if the leaders of this team perform highly they will (by their very nature and personalities) pull the other players up with them, but one slip up may prove fatal. It was a mistake drafting only 8 players.

5. VGC

VGC is a team that confuses me, its initial draft started extremely powerful, but as the auction progressed it seems to me that Forf stumbled and dropped the ball. There is a lot of faith being placed on players such as Zym, Orange, Wiri and Julian, but many of these players will often either hit or miss. A coin flip every week is a very precarious position to place oneself. In terms of ringers, Forf is placing his faith primarily on Nik, however the DPP competition this year is at a very high level, this if there is any strength to his draft it lies with the foundation of team work. Both Nik and Orange have constantly proven to be among the best team players in PokeMMO, however whether or not mere team work is enough to push this team over and beyond their potential is yet to be seen.

6. Strawhats

Haazuu has made a very interesting line up which has potential far beyond mere 6th place in the league. Players such as ZDFire and Yosoyarca have proven time and time again they are high calibre players, however for the most part his team is comprised of Dark Horses, and without any clear leaders within the Strawhats I am somewhat skeptical that these Dark Horses will reach their full potential. I believe Haazuu should have spent some of his credits purchasing a leader and team player for his team who may not be a top tier competitive player, but will at least bring out these qualities from the other players. That being said, if this team is able to kick into gear from day one they may prove more challenging than many anticipate. 

7. Kienzangoose

Krillin's team has too many holes for me to place them any higher than 7th, although they may not be a weak team, they lack enough strength to push them over and above the other teams. If any players here will shine it will be Gb and Sebat, however even they will be competing against high calibre players and will have to dig deep to consistently bring the wins back to Kienzangoose. The biggest weakness I see within this team lie with UUs and DPP. These are tiers many of the other teams are sure to take advantage.  The real hope of this team is that of the players such as Aerun, Redav and Titoooo stepping up to the plate and exceeding their expectations, however this may prove too tall of an order.

8. Transformadores, ensamblar

I would like to preface this placement of Pachi's team with the clause that no player in this team is coached by another throughout the season.  It was actually pretty difficult for me to decide whether or not Transformers should be eighth or if Kienzangoose should be eighth, this is because Pachi did pick up some very talented players such as Ench, Aurum and Laz. However, ultimately I decided to place them in eighth on the basis that I believe many of the players in this line up will inevitably under perform. Although there are potential in players such as Maathew, Stellian, Nahwel and Mlhawk I am unconvinced that they will reach a level that is adequate to raise the team to a playoff calibre team. There are certain players within this team (I will not mention names) that I am certain have relied on coaching in the past, on the presumption that Pachi will endeavour to prevent coaching during PSL within his team, I believe these players will fall flat. Because of this, I have placed them last. In spite of having some big hitters I am unconvinced that they have enough drive to push them through week after week, especially in the face of adversity. 

Reveal hidden contents

Please no coaching, thanks thanks

who are you? 

• 1 month later...