Life orb is really farmable?

5 hours ago, Takens said:

It is farmable, but it takes time as well

How much time per life orb?  If its over 45 minutes per one then fighting the elite 4 is faster money since after 90 minutes you'd have battle points to buy one and the money to buy a second.

Edited by Aard
4 minutes ago, HandsomeLooker1492 said:

It takes 30 minutes or more depending on luck

Step 1: Get a Pokemon that can learn Thief, Switcheroo of Trick.

Step 2: Go to route 120 or where absols are located

Step 3: Thief life orb of the Absol.

Profit

I honestly would do it myself if I have spare time.

I tried it for almost two hours earlier and didnt get anything.  i used frisk too so i could run as soon as i was sure it wasnt holding it.  I guess I need comfirnation on the rate actually being one every 30 minutes because it seems like absol only appears maybe 10% of the time.  And in 30 minutes you can only really do ~100 encounters. 

So basically if the hold rate is around 10% then maybe.  It seems lower though.

Edited by Aard
2 minutes ago, HandsomeLooker1492 said:

Try using another pokemon first and switch your thief pokemon and wait for absol to attack and see if it eats 10% hp.

Why?  Frisk tells you what item the poke is holding.  If I wait a turn that's much less than 200 encounters per hour and definitely not worth the time.

4 minutes ago, Aard said:

I tried it for almost two hours earlier and didnt get anything.  i used frisk too so i could run as soon as i was sure it wasnt holding it.  I guess I need comfirnation on the rate actually being one every 30 minutes because it seems like absol only appears maybe 10% of the time.  And in 30 minutes you can only really do ~100 encounters. 

So basically if the hold rate is around 10% then maybe.  It seems lower though.

It could be that they did not implement frisk overworld effect. It's pretty broken for a MMO after all.

55 minutes ago, axx said:

It could be that they did not implement frisk overworld effect. It's pretty broken for a MMO after all.

Nah, it works.  I saw plenty of charti berries from the swellows in the same area.

Is there a preference for dark or light grass?

I tried for 30 more minutes.  I went into 4 battles per minute for a total of 120 battles.  Out of those I encountered 13 absols or 10.8% of the battles.  Out of that 0 had life orbs.  Maybe other people can measure so we can actually figure out the rates.  Right now it really seems like a 10% encounter rate and a <5% item hold rate.  I don't know the exact number total right now, but so far its around 75 absols without a life orb.

That is not a viable farming method since there's a faster way to get life orbs with a lost of side cash to go along with it.  I'll probably compare it to how much I get garbador nugget farming per minute soon.  In general, just be cautious of what that zangoose guy says.  Not the first time something he's advocated turned out to be bogus.  If I hadn't had fun keeping track of how many battles and absols I'd seen I would've thrown my computer out the window after making $0 over two and a half hours.  Just for reference that's 6 clears (really 7 but 6 to be generous) of the elite four in the same 150 minutes for 12000 bp and ~400k after potions and revives. A bigger sample size would be nice, but I'm pretty sure bp life orbs are far superior to absol ones.

Edited by Aard
54 minutes ago, Aard said:

Nah, it works.  I saw plenty of charti berries from the swellows in the same area.

Is there a preference for dark or light grass?

I tried for 30 more minutes.  I went into 4 battles per minute for a total of 120 battles.  Out of those I encountered 13 absols or 10.8% of the battles.  Out of that 0 had life orbs.  Maybe other people can measure so we can actually figure out the rates.  Right now it really seems like a 10% encounter rate and a <5% item hold rate.  I don't know the exact number total right now, but so far its around 75 absols without a life orb.

That is not a viable farming method since there's a faster way to get life orbs with a lost of side cash to go along with it.  I'll probably compare it to how much I get garbador nugget farming per minute soon.  In general, just be cautious of what that zangoose guy says.  Not the first time something he's advocated turned out to be bogus.  If I hadn't had fun keeping track of how many battles and absols I'd seen I would've thrown my computer out the window after making $0 over two and a half hours.

the devs where probably cautious to not make those too common so i wouldn't be surprise if the drop rate was 1%

4 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

the devs where probably cautious to not make those too common so i wouldn't be surprise if the drop rate was 1%

Yeah, the drop rate need to be over 7.5% at 10% encounter rate at the very least for it to compete in efficiency with elite 4 bp farming.  The only reason anyone should ever try this is if they are hunting a shiny found in the area at the same time.

Edited by Aard
1 minute ago, Aard said:

Yeah, the drop rate need to be over 7.5% at 10% encounter rate at the very least for it to compete in efficiency with elite 4 bp farming.  The only reason anyone should ever try this is if they are hunting a shiny found in the area at the same time.

i mean it would be justify if it was better to farm the e4 for bp rather than farming absol since you pretty much need 6 comp for these rematch and a fair amount of preparation unlike the absol farming wich only require a pokemon with thief (frisk optional). considering the investement for e4 rematch compared to the investement for absol farming the absol farming is probably better for many has you would need much more time to make money off e4 rematch.