Add a friend only chat

jcolas

Question

I just had this idea of having a chat mode that only your friend could see, to ask for quick help from people you trust or just flexing about that new shiny outside of the channel chat.

That would make friends more useful and will encourage players to custom their chat box a little bit.

7 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, jcolas said:

I just had this idea of having a chat mode that only your friend could see, to ask for quick help from people you trust or just flexing about that new shiny outside of the channel chat.

That would make friends more useful and will encourage players to custom their chat box a little bit.

You mean whispering? Or if you prefer pms?

Or heck even the mail system.

33 minutes ago, KarpQueen said:

You mean whispering? Or if you prefer pms?

Or heck even the mail system.

oh yeah for sure I enjoy going trough all or my friend one by one to see if anyone could help me do something, what I propose is just a box to check on a custom chat box and a /friend chat command so it's easier to reach everyone, take it as a group chat on, let's say Facebook, instead of sending personal message to every single of your friend, you just make a post to know who wants to chill downtown, it's faster, easier and after that you create a group chat with the friends that want to chill, or in pokemmo it would be a link group to go catch some breeders

1 hour ago, jcolas said:

oh yeah for sure I enjoy going trough all or my friend one by one to see if anyone could help me do something, what I propose is just a box to check on a custom chat box and a /friend chat command so it's easier to reach everyone, take it as a group chat on, let's say Facebook, instead of sending personal message to every single of your friend, you just make a post to know who wants to chill downtown, it's faster, easier and after that you create a group chat with the friends that want to chill, or in pokemmo it would be a link group to go catch some breeders

Just check which friend is online then pm them.. Unless they are all afk.. Or u have no friends or u have too many friends.. I don't see how this could be a problem or needed to be improved on. 

You could do this with a team? I understand not every friend wants to be on the same team but getting a whisper whenever some random noob needs a question and you just wanna relax? Use global or channel chat so many people like trying to help (myself included) with questions. And honestly if I got pms spamming be about shinies well that's not a friend I want.

46 minutes ago, KarpQueen said:

You could do this with a team? I understand not every friend wants to be on the same team but getting a whisper whenever some random noob needs a question and you just wanna relax? Use global or channel chat so many people like trying to help (myself included) with questions. And honestly if I got pms spamming be about shinies well that's not a friend I want.

sound like you didn't read the other messages, come back with at least one argument against it, it's a topic for suggestion, not finding alternative to what the game don't offer 

2 hours ago, jcolas said:

sound like you didn't read the other messages, come back with at least one argument against it, it's a topic for suggestion, not finding alternative to what the game don't offer 

I did though and the suggested feature just seems useless and a way to make channel and global more dead than they already are.

Edited by KarpQueen