Guide to Teams (Clubs)

Deshar

Guide to Teams

d9jqEBY.png

Teams are a group of players under a common banner, similar to Guilds or Clans in other games.(PN)

Team maximum player counts have been increased from 100 -> 150.(PN)

Players will represent their Team with a tag prefixed to their character name on the overworld.(PN)

Team members will now have a teal name indicator in the overworld.(PN)(Only your own team members)

You can use your team roster to whisper your team members.

When anyone in your Team logs on or is added to the team the Team Message appears in their chat.

When anyone in your team logs off, a message is displayed in the team chat showing this.

To view your Team, open the Team window using the Game Menu. (Or press G)

Team rosters will now be sorted by online players. (PN)

Team rosters will now also be sorted by player Teirs. (Online Boss, Online Executive, Online Commander, Online Officer, Online Member, Offline Boss, Offline Executive, Offline Commander, Offline Officer, Offline Member.)

Every month, on the fourth saturday, a Team Tournament takes place for Teams to test their skill against each other.

"Last Online" times for Team/Friends List windows. (PN)

Gender Icons to Team/Friends List windows. (PN)

Team Information is now broadcast to all online players when it is updated.(PN)

Creating a Team
3z11iNp.png

To create a Team, open the Team window using the Game Menu.(PN) (Or press G)

When you create a Team, you choose a tag. This tag is displayed next to your name, above your head, in the overworld. Example: [TAG] Name.

Latin-Extended charsets enabled for Team Tags/Team Names (encompassing ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõöøùúûüýþÿ ).(PN)

16 character limit on guild names, no symbols. (No spaces/numbers/punctuation/etc.) NAME_ERROR

4 character limit on Team Tags, no symbols. (No spaces/numbers/punctuation/etc.) TAG_ERROR

2 character minimum on Team tags. (No one letter tags.) TAG_ERROR

MOTD character limit 255 -> 500.(PN)

Creating a Team costs 15,000 pokedollars.

Added team disbanding. Once requested by the team's leader, a Team will disband after 24 hours.(PN)

When you create your Team, the Team Message is set to "Your Team has been successfully created!"

Using an existing Team name will give you an error. NAME_EXISTS

Using an existing Tag will give you an error. TAG_EXISTS

Joining a Team

2UucFBk.png

To join a Team you must be invited.

A trainer must be online for you to invite them to the team.

Joining a Team will enable a new chat channel named "Team", between you and the roster. Team chat is displayed in Red.(PN)

You may only join one Team at a time per character. Different characters may join different Teams.(PN)

You can have characters on the same account in the same Team if you really need to.

Team Teirs
Wsfigxq.png

There are six tiers of member in a Team: Boss, Executive, Commander, Officer, Member and Grunt.(PN)

You can only have one team leader at a time.

The team leader cannot leave the team.

When transferring Leadership, the previous leader becomes a member.

Only a Team Leader can change someones tier.

bhJMOMo.png

Three permissions are currently available, invite members, kick members and change team message.

Only Team Leaders can change permissions on members and officers.

Permissions can be assigned in the Team GUI.

Officers start off with the permission to invite members and change the team message.

Members start off with no permissions.

Anyone with the permission to kick members can kick both officers and members.

A4CCndJ.png

Red = Important

(PN) = Patch Note.

I had a few questions on teams so I decided I'd find out for myself and post my findings here. I added the patch notes in to complete the list.

If you find anything else, please state your finding so I can add it to the list.

Updated: 22/08/14

Images Updated: 18/08/2019

Edited by Deshar

Make it more colourful with pictures.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1366133622' post='289160']
I'm wondering why this was unpinned.
[/quote] It might not be seen as necessary, I'm pretty sure every Forum member belongs to a team of some not, if they don't, they know how to work the team function.

[quote name='TWDaryl' timestamp='1366133825' post='289167']
It might not be seen as necessary, I'm pretty sure every Forum member belongs to a team of some not, if they don't, they know how to work the team function.
[/quote]

Considering the questions asked about teams in the discussion forum, I find that doubtful. Also, there's more information here then just how to join/make a team.

Edit: And it was re-pinned...Now I'm really confused.

[quote name='Deshar' timestamp='1366134141' post='289178']
Considering the questions asked about teams in the discussion forum, I find that doubtful. Also, there's more information here then just how to join/make a team.

Edit: And it was re-pinned...Now I'm really confused.
[/quote] You could be secretly a God (similar to the Haruhi Suzumiya situation) and you were unhappy, so they re-pinned it.

[quote name='WangBang' timestamp='1366662271' post='301411']
I just wanna know, What is the point of teams? Is there some special events that go on or is it just something in the game? I'm just wondering because I'm new and I saw the team thing and me and my friends wanted to start one.
[/quote]
You get to communicate with like minded people, and you can do a lot of fun events and even in join in the monthly team tournament if you become really good at competitive play.

It's a way for people to group together for a more condensed social interaction.

The features of a team are:
[color=#4B0082][size=3][size=3][size=3]Players will represent their Team with a tag prefixed to their character name on the overworld.(PN)[/size][/size][/size]
[size=3][size=3][size=3][size=3]You can use your team roster to whisper your team members.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/color]
[color=#4B0082][size=3]Joining a Team will enable a new chat channel named "Team", between you and the roster. Team chat is displayed in Red.(PN)[/size][/color]
[color=#4B0082][size=3][size=3][color=#4B0082][size=3]There are three tiers of member in a Team: Leader, Officer, and Member.(PN)[/size][/color][/size][/size][/color]

+

[quote name='kloneman' timestamp='1366670832' post='301695']
You get to communicate with like minded people, and you can do a lot of fun events and even in join in the monthly team tournament if you become really good at competitive play.
[/quote]

I think maybe I should add the Monthly Team Tournament to the guide somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...