Online/Active Staff listing

NinjahMudkip

Question

Earlier today I logged into PokeMMO for the first time in a while on a fresh new account. The first thing that greeted me was the same dude spamming an EN chat channel in Spanish with team invites for a solid 20 minutes. Unfortunately, as far as I could tell there were no staff in Channel 1 capable of resolving the issue at the time. As I was playing a new character, I was unable to swap to another channel and communicate the problem due to the 2 gym badge restriction.

Thankfully, I already have my primary account with characters who meet this restriction, so I was able to swap over and lodge a complaint (admittedly rather saltily) in another channel on there.

However, some players might not have the ability to swap over to another character and ask for staff, and they certainly wouldn't know any staff names unless they went to the site- which only has a forum post of the staff listing in 2012.

In this case the problem could be solved by a simple "clientside mute and move on", but some cases might be more problematic, and it would be nice to have a way to more quickly get in contact with active staff members.

An in-client listing of active staff members would help alleviate this issue. I can understand there might be some well-founded concerns that staff would receive 10 million whispers at a time and never be able to actually enjoy the game, but a solution to this issue could be as simple as a tick box that staff members could use to set themselves as active or inactive on the listing.

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Gilan said:

In this case, please use the Support Request function in-game.

Menu > Support Request and follow the options. All online staff will see the message.

That's some pretty useful information. The formatting on the Support Request screen suggests that it'd be used for submitting a ticket, so I didn't account for it.