new ui for pvp

fredrichnietze

Question

basically something like this + ability to skip animations and text gets posted instantly. 

EfhJNmE.png

this ui has some pros like

"how much time is beign added per turn to the clock"

"what move/s just happened or the turn before and weather ect?"
"scroll bar for seeing past which is SUPER useful for spectators"

and most importantly this will allow you to have the game continue the EXACT second both players choose theirs moves without loosing any information. this will drastically speed up tournaments.

also yes ik my paint skills are op pls like and share and hit the bell

also also also. im suggesting this be done for pvp because ik you adms would not want this everywhere all the time because "somethign something time sink and animations are good mkay" i jouk but for real all the time would be nice but ik thats a no =/

Edited by fredrichnietze

10 answers to this question

4 hours ago, DeadGorilla said:

d5Kw9wq.png

chat on battle overlay isnt super necessary imo, as long as it doesnt cover the chat box.

idk where to put chat and just picked the biggest open place. im kinda on the fence about chat because on one hand ghosting but on the other hand, if you are in a tourney the host might need to talk to you.

1 hour ago, fredrichnietze said:

idk where to put chat and just picked the biggest open place. im kinda on the fence about chat because on one hand ghosting but on the other hand, if you are in a tourney the host might need to talk to you.

nothing is gunna stop people from getting ghosted.

Edited by DeadGorilla

Other than skipping battle animations which is a grey area due to more efficient scouting, I think this would be nothing but beneficial

In fact it wouldn’t even need to be this much of a graphical overhaul - we just meed more detail regarding the actions within the battle i.e. weather/taunt/encore turn counters and a record of damage done on each turn; basic implementations which would significantly improve the UI

also cancel button in singles but hey like thats ever gunna happen amirite

4 hours ago, Zymogen said:

Other than skipping battle animations which is a grey area due to more efficient scouting, I think this would be nothing but beneficial

i hear what you're saying but the whole idea of this is speeding up battles. removing animations and speeding up text to the point where your reading speed is the limiting factor with a ui that allows you to still comprehend what happened/is happening is the whole point of this suggestion. their are a lot of tiny little improvements but speed is the main point. 

whats more important? scouting is going to happen and you cant prevent it completely. their are other better suggestions to prevent scouting then "make the scouter and everyone else slug through the game".

this  + not being able to see your next opponent on the bracket would be a good way to prevent scouting and speed up the game, becaue then you would have to scout literally everyone to scout. which like, good fucking luck.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:10 PM, fredrichnietze said:

could just do a pokemon showdown and intergrate the chat into the sidebar with the past turn info

2 hours ago, superpichu999 said:

could just do a pokemon showdown and intergrate the chat into the sidebar with the past turn info

you could but in tourneys like the TT i worry that meaningful information may be lost in the flood of comments. you either have to go on without that information, or scroll and that takes time which is the antithesis of what this suggestion aims to accomplish. also would be harder to implement then a UI.