[PSL X] Manager Sign-Up Thread

What is this?

This is the official PSL X Manager Sign-up thread. If you are unfamiliar with PSL please check it out, it is the most hyped unofficial event of PokeMMO! This is where you should post your application to sign up for a manager, if you think you got what it takes then please read further.

What is a PSL Manager?

A manager in the PSL has the highest responsibility of any competitor. Their responsibilities are darn near endless. From managing finances to personalities, it is your role to carry a team of random people from all over the world to the promise land; to motivate them week in and week out to win, even when they are 0-6 and you have almost no hope of making the playoffs. The main duty of a manager is to assemble a team they deem to be the best.

What do I need to know before I sign up?

Being a manager is not easy. It takes a lot of commitment and it takes a lot of skills that some of us frankly don't have. It also takes the stones to suck it up when shit isn't going your way and to understand the rules of the game. Here is a list of things to consider before signing up:

1. Can I stay active through the whole season?
  2. Can I communicate well with my players?
  3. Can I handle team finances?
  4. Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent?
  5. Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players?
  6. Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side?
  7. Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL?
  8. Will I maintain respect for my host and the decisions they make?
  9. Do I have the availability to manage a team, participate in a draft, and respond to the host whenever a question presents itself?

What do we do?

Well simply put, you state the best case for why you should be a manager in PSL Season X in this very thread. The template is below, but feel free to spruce it up a bit with your own creativity, who knows we may add bonus points.

IGN: post your in-game name here

PokeMMO Team:  post your in-game team here

Experience: post the number of PSL seasons you've been involved in, and whether you were a manager, player, host, winner, etc. 

Motivation: post why you want to be a manager this season and what you are willing to do to be a champion

Fluff: post anything and everything that might help this application be relevant 

How do I get selected to be a manager?

After a good handful of applications are submitted, we (the hosts: Lkrenz, Mkns and BlueBreath) will meet to select the managers of this season. There will be eight (8) managers selected in total.

Anything else?

It is very prestigious to be selected as manager and quite frankly many good players will be left on the chopping block after the decision is made final. Please don't be upset if we don't pick you. You likely had a very wonderful application but there was just something about the players selected that put them just one step ahead of the game. 

Let the posts commence!

DEADLINE : 03 September 11 PM EST

Edited by PSL10

IGN: JIce

PokeMMO Team:  RISE

Experience: Been in all the PSLs since PSL3 (except PSL9 which I hear wasn't good anyway)

Motivation: I am willing to do anything to be a champion because I have been 2nd place twice and 3rd place twice iirc. I love the strategics of being a manager and being able to support your team from behind the scenes. I prefer results over friendships so expect me to pick players that will get me the wins, not a team of friends that like to hang out.

Fluff: I might or might not name my team HUGZ and I am prepared for all shit-talks possible... also I like google spreadsheets and Betting Threads. Also I don't really rage that much or meddle with things I do not need too so dont expect me to argue with any of the decisions unless I truly disagree with them and or feel the need to say something.

IGN~Kizhaz

Team~GM

Experience~Everything

Motivation~ Gotta make up for last season, although technically that season didn't count so I didn't lead a team to last. I'm always around, try to help with team building, lending items, anything else really and  ultimately like the strategy behind managing a team. And going for most PSL wins is nice too.

Fluff~ None, I'm bad

Ign: some version of Torin

Team:Äura

Experience: Played every psl since psl 5 or 6 can't remember the number and managed PSL 7 (didn't get last place jajaja)

Motivation: I want win very bad . Plus ive never won anything on here so help a brotha out

Fluff: Did y'all not see my team banner? Shit was beautiful. If im chosen ill bring Jovi back. Mayu would be our mascot how can you beat that

Plus The Rooney Rule is still a thing and seeing as tho im the only black person on this game I'll take my place as 1 of 8

Edited by Torinnnnn

IGN: Havsha

Team: Rise

Experience: PSL 5, 7, 6, 7, 8

Motivation: Been trying to establish myself as one of the best potential leaders in this game for a while now,  I have a strong understanding of every tier (except dubs), including showdown tiers in which I also compete in regularly. Last season every laughed at my philosophy of competition > victory, guess they should have listened to me :] 

Fluff: pick managers that wont promote ideals of ghosting, game dodging or the lot

ign: pachima

Team: LYLE

Experience: Last 4 PSL

Motivation: Always enjoyed the Managing part of PSL. Also, to those who know me more closely (in-game) I am more of a strategist rather than a duelist, which suits this perfectly. Also, I have plenty of comps to lend if anyone needs, and I have a solid grasp throughout all tiers (Dubs is not a tier yet)

Fluff: If I can make offensive shuckle work, I can lead a team to the V!

Ign: kimikozen

team: AURA

experience: played smogon since 2009, pokemmo since 2012, PSL since season 5. 

Motivation: never managed in Pokémon setting before, but have played in many draft/auction leagues as players in Pokémon. I want to take that next step and draft a beast squad. Love theorymon and team building for people, I want to win a championship with creativity.

Fluff: I am master shit talker. Have been on forefront of shitting on bad players with loud mouths and stirring drama pots. If you want a fun season where people stay interested because of cool narratives and  beef battles, pick me. 

IGN: Nahwel

PokeMMO Team:  Líve 

Experience: Just played last season, best dubs and breakout player of the worst season, maybe that is why i was best dubs and breakout player. I was around watching psl 7 and 8.

Motivation: I dont want to play pvp (for now, at least), and i like this things of managing, i always try to help my teammates with what i can. I just want another signature.

Fluff: I have a lot of time for this,  Im bad, so i cant couch. if you take me i will make the return of mlhawk wiri and fire to psl

DONT TAKE ME

Spoiler
  1. Can I stay active through the whole season? Yes, but i dont know what can happen in the future.
  2. Can I communicate well with my players? My english is bad, but i try to comunicate the best i can when i talk it.
  3. Can I handle team finances? Yes i think.
  4. Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent? Maybe.
  5. Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players? A bit.
  6. Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side? Yes ofc.
  7. Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL? Yes, i suppose.
  8. Will I maintain respect for my host and the decisions they make? Yes, unless i feel they make very bad decisions.
  9. Do I have the availability to manage a team, participate in a draft, and respond to the host whenever a question presents itself? Yes.

I will add some other thing later

thanks mkns for buy me (I say it by my own will, not threats)

2k players for the win

Edited by Nawe
28 minutes ago, Nawe said:

IGN: Nahwel

PokeMMO Team:  Líve 

Experience: Just played last season, best dubs and breakout player of the worst season, maybe that is why i was best dubs and breakout player.

Motivation: I dont want to play pvp (for now, at least), and i like this things of managing, i always try to help my teammates with what i can. I just want another signature.

Fluff: I have a lot of time for this,  Im bad, so i cant couch.  if you take me i will make the return of mlhawk to psl

DONT TAKE ME

Hide contents
  1. Can I stay active through the whole season? Yes, but i dont know what can happen in the future.
  2. Can I communicate well with my players? My english is bad, but i try to comunicate the best i can when i talk it.
  3. Can I handle team finances? Yes i think.
  4. Can I keep an eye on my players and those of the opponent? Maybe.
  5. Do I have knowledge of the competitive scene and the players? A bit.
  6. Will I keep interest, even when I'm on the losing side? Yes ofc.
  7. Do I understand and can I make my players understand the terms & conditions of the PSL? Yes, i suppose.
  8. Will I maintain respect for my host and the decisions they make? Yes, unless i feel they make very bad decisions.
  9. Do I have the availability to manage a team, participate in a draft, and respond to the host whenever a question presents itself? Yes.

I will add some other thing later

TvY2Hc9.png

bad manager af

IGN: TiToooo

PokeMMO Team: LØRР

Experience: i've never played PSL, but i'm going to be the better than many people registering :j

Motivation: se dice:My motivation are my mates of PokeMMO and ive seen how many people just play at being the manager. I want to be someone who takes it seriously i have a lot of hype for this psl so i would like to do the best i can

Fluff: im really good

Edited by TiToooo