Emailing system

Millionminds

Question

Hello I want a npc mailing system, I dont want to keep traveling all over against my will.

So like this PC says email "Kanto fossil scientist name (Kanto fossil scientist)" and I email him a fossil and he emails me a Kabuto

Same with red shard guy email him with 3 red shards he emails me back with a list of options from an emailed interface of his "this move cost 3 red shards" to click on I am selecting fire punch on this Pokemon and done. Didn't have to fly to him and he seems more computer swazzy. A long list of storyline NPCs to unlock with badges I can choose from to use their services.

Like everything done electronicly, what do you think? 

17 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Darkshade said:

But we want you to explore and travel around the world to complete your tasks.

If we didn't, we'd put all these NPCs in a single room.

You saying I don't love my salamence enough to let his wings free? Let my Pokemon fly? Cause that is what I'm reading here @Darkshade

Of course we would fly to regions and things to catch Pokemon and obtain items so caught in the moment we would still be flying to these NPCs.

But an emailing system would be sweet, like telemarketing. 

"Pokemmo a step into the future"

Edited by Millionminds
On 8/17/2018 at 5:31 PM, Darkshade said:

But we want you to explore and travel around the world to complete your tasks.

If we didn't, we'd put all these NPCs in a single room.

Actually exploration would require for one to venture into the unknown, this is practically going to the same market next to your house everyday, hardly an adventure

43 minutes ago, Malorne said:

Actually exploration would require for one to venture into the unknown, this is practically going to the same market next to your house everyday, hardly an adventure

There is only so long that 'the unknown' exists before you've explored every map.

The point is that you'll find people in different areas of the world, instead of all in on place; because those areas are viable for their own reasons.

Unless of course you want us to place all of the move tutors deep inside caves? ;)

On 8/16/2018 at 9:36 PM, Millionminds said:

Same with red shard guy email him with 3 red shards he emails me back with a list of options from an emailed interface of his "this move cost 3 red shards" to click on I am selecting fire punch on this Pokemon and done. Didn't have to fly to him and he seems more computer swazzy. A long list of storyline NPCs to unlock with badges I can choose from to use their services.

As the Mayor of PokeMMO, I encourage you to step beyond your horizons and explore the beauty of PokeMMO. When I travel to those NPCs, it is an excuse for me to enjoy some beautiful scenery.

I won't say that you would "email" the shards, but "shipping" would be more appropriate word choice. Lets apply the shipping logic, when you order from Amazon, (more than likely, the thing you ordered is in a warehouse), the warehouse notifies a package carrier like UPS (United Parcel Service) to mail it to you. How is the scientist going to travel all the way back to civilisation just to receive your red shard package? Why are you torturing him? This NPC wants to to enjoy himself at Island 7 admiring the ruins and you are ruining his vacation. How is he suppose to know that you want to check his mail for red shards? We should all agree that this man should resume his vacation and if you want a move taught to your pokemon, then you need to travel to him.

I've paid people 15k before to go tutor my pokemon on the sevii islands because I realized I could beat 2 gyms or an elite 4 member quicker than I could get to the shard tutor.  I'm okay with spending money on things like that and  new players tend to think you are giving them free stuff when it is actually more efficient for you.  Anyway, that should solve your problem.

7 hours ago, Aard said:

I've paid people 15k before to go tutor my pokemon on the sevii islands because I realized I could beat 2 gyms or an elite 4 member quicker than I could get to the shard tutor.  I'm okay with spending money on things like that and  new players tend to think you are giving them free stuff when it is actually more efficient for you.  Anyway, that should solve your problem.

If you couldn't reach the npc you wouldn't be able to email them

3 hours ago, Millionminds said:

If you couldn't reach the npc you wouldn't be able to email them

I can, I'd just rather pay someone to walk there for me since the net profit is about 5k if I pay htem 15k since by walking there I lose out on 20k.  Its a good way to meet people, you should try it.  I agree walking to the red and yellow shard tutors in particular is a pain.

Here's my opinion as just another player in this MMO. What's the point? It's basically just more work for the staff team. More bugs they would have to fix, More information they need to gather. In the end, Wouldn't it be better just to get on your good looking salamance and fly to said person/place?