Azumarill / Marill Hordes

When using Sweet Scent, players will now always encounter the maximum horde size of the map

• Notes: For example, if a map has both 3-sized hordes and 5-sized hordes, only 5-sized hordes can now be encountered.
  • For hordes where the species was exclusively in 3-size hordes, they have been increased to 5-size.

At Rt114 in Hoenn, before the update, while surfing, the only hordes you could encounter were 3 of Azumarill and/or Marill. After the update, that is the same. Should they not be 5 of Azumarill/Marill, or am I missing something?

15 minutes ago, Suneet said:

At Rt114 in Hoenn, before the update, while surfing, the only hordes you could encounter were 3 of Azumarill and/or Marill. After the update, that is the same. Should they not be 5 of Azumarill/Marill, or am I missing something?

swablu and seedot are the same as well.

Not all 3-mon hordes were bumped up to 5 - very few were, and only due to the species being frequently hunted (and the mainland of Hoenn being given more in general). If you're looking for a good HP EV training location in Hoenn, try surfing on Route 120 - it was adjusted to give a reliable 10 EVs per battle.

The change to Sweet Scent only affects routes that had hordes of both 3 and 5.

Edited by Rache
1 minute ago, Rache said:

Not all 3-mon hordes were bumped up to 5 - very few were, and only due to the species being frequently hunted (and the mainland of Hoenn being given more in general). If you're looking for a good HP EV training location in Hoenn, try surfing on Route 120 - it was adjusted to give a reliable 10 EVs per battle.

Welp, I though that all 3-mon hordes were being bumped rip really wanted shiny Azu :/ Thanks anyways Rache

Edited by Suneet