Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Millionminds

Current team I'm running

Recommended Posts

Tyranitar ada ddance stab crunch rock slide, eq

Dragonite ada ddance fire punch dclaw eq

Snorlax careful eq curse body slam rest

Metagross ada eq agility tpunch meteor mash

Volcarona modest quiver n fiery dance giga drain bug buzz

Hydreigon modest dragon and dark pulse flamethrower Earth power

 

Plenty of speed and boost surround this team, agility ddances quiver curse. Hydreigon seems light? But whenever I may remove it it comes in and is a huge factor.

 

Chesto berry on Snorlax and leftovers on the rest of the pokes

 

 

I am winning every match I play upstairs pc and win every 8 out of 10 matches, 

 

I run into a single blissey over the last week and can't get it out of my head it seemed to stall my team pretty badly  any ideas? I'm starting to think blissey was only a problem to me because hydreigon felt so light.

 

Made 24000 bp over the last month or it might have been 17000 bp still looking good.

 

Last match seemed scrambled so I am updating this post to say I don't need your help or opinion but it is open that I would like to hear it. 

Edited by Millionminds

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

If you dont need assistance, why make this post

Like I want to get assistance but it is messing up my synergy and I just posted it, I want pro opinion but not make my flow a "iffy" feeling before hearing out a good influence? Make sense. Changes but not to where I can't even run the same team anymore like it is already happening which it is. Yeah

Share this post


Link to post

This team looks like it would only work against noobs with less than competitive teams. 

 

I'll give a quick rundown on the problems.

 

1. No hazard control so once your opponent uses stealth rocks/spikes, they're down for good (unless they press defog, which they won't since you don't have any stealth rock user). This is less than ideal on a team with a 4x rock weak volcarona, a 2x rock weak dragonite, a leftoverless snorlax, and a couple of rock neutral pokemon that will take 12.5% from stealth rock on entry.

 

2. As I mentioned before, you don't have any stealth rock user, so all of your team needs to do a full 100% damage to any pokemon that comes out to the playing field. Entry hazards are a great way to break down more defensive oriented teams, especially when paired with uturn/volt switch, which brings me into points 3 and 4.

 

3. You lack a reliable way of taking down skarmory+blissey (or now eviolite chansey) combo. Blissey switches in eternally vs volcarona and hydreigon, while skarmory switches in vs tyranitar/snorlax/metagross without too much fear and sets down spikes or stealth rock. Assuming your opponent doesn't make an obvious mistake by leaving in blissey vs a physical attacker or skarmory in vs a sp atk'er, you have no chance of breaking the core without some rng from tyranitar/metagross.

 

4. An offensive team relies on uturn/volt switch to keep up momentum. As said before, blissey comes in vs hydreigon for free as it is running 4 special attacks. Instead, you could run uturn so you can get some chip damage on blissey and immediately go to a physical attacker that threatens it. Uturn and volt switch are also great ways of bringing in frailer attackers into play.

 

5. Conkeldurr is a huge pain to this team. You only have 2 fighting resists and both are weak to rock and don't immediately threaten conkeldurr, while conkeldurr revenge kills tyranitar, beats snorlax, and can deal with hydreigon easily as well. Nothing on your team comes close to being able to ko (or even 2hko) conkeldurr, which means it has an easy win over your team assuming the opponent doesn't misplay too much.

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

Changes to make:

 

Hydreigon set. Earth power should definitely be dropped for either uturn or superpower. Uturn is usable on a modest nature hydreigon, superpower would require a different hydreigon nature. Hydreigon should be using an item other than leftovers as well. Life orb or specs are the popular choices.

 

Snorlax moveset. I didn't mention this before, but snorlax has no way to hit gengar and is also walled by skarmory. An easy change is to do fire punch > earthquake. You lose coverage on tyranitar, but you can at least go for a body slam paralysis. Snorlax should also run leftovers, as leftovers makes snorlax last a lot longer before it needs to rest. Snorlax overall is a sub optimal choice in OU right now. Conkeldurr and whirlwind hippo are the main reasons for this. Snorlax has little to no chance of beating either of these pokemon, while snorlax lacks the team support to really ever get a snorlax sweep (e.g. running magneton to deal with skarmory consistently, pursuit users for ghost types, a good way to deal with fighting types, etc). 

 

Add hazards and hazard control to your team. This is a little harder to do since there are a lot of options for both. If you wanted to keep as much of the original team as possible, you could add stealth rocks to either tyranitar or metagross (obviously making them something other than a boosting set). If you don't mind replacing a pokemon or two, then you have some options for stealth rockers. Skarmory, forretress, bronzong, ferrothorn, hippowdon are all good options. Some of them provide other utility (skarmory can defog or run spikes or whirlwind as well, forretress can rapid spin and lay down any other hazard, ferrothorn gets stealth rock+spikes, hippowdon can stealth rock and whirlwind to deal with conkeldurr). 

 

Hazard control has several options as well. Like previously mentioned, skarmory and forretress can run removal in their movesets to allow for role compression. Salamence is a great defogger as well, with a moveset of roost defog flamethrower dragon pulse. A problem with many defoggers is that they have a bad matchup vs common hazard setters. Salamence has a great matchup vs pokemon like skarmory, ferrothorn, and forretress, while also acting as a fighting resist for conkeldurr/other fighting types.

 

Remove one of the pseudo legendaries to get a better matchup vs bulky waters. Currently milotic is a huge pain for the team, being able to wall pretty much everything on your team and everything fears a scald burn. Snorlax can take advantage of milotic if milotic doesn't run haze, but I believe haze is still an optimal move on milotic for bulk up conkeldurr/calm mind reuniclus, so relying on hazeless milotic is not ideal. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Overall, I give your team a 4/10 teambuilding wise and your ego a 2/10. I would not let your ego go to your head after winning some matchmaking games (especially if they're unranked since those are the bottom of the barrel players potentially). Even in ranked matchmaking, most of the players you play at first are probably very new to competitive play. Being successful with this team in tournament play (e.g. getting to round 4/5) would be more bragworthy, especially considering the flaws the team has. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'd give burnt zebras ego an 11/10.

 

 

 

Anyway, replace snorlax with scarf magnezone.  Replace hydreigon with life orb mienshao.  Replace metagross with defog mantine.  Stick stealth rock on ttar over ddance.   

 

 

Ttar

Dragonite/Reuniculus

Mantine

Magnezone

Volcarona

Mienshao

 

Still has some holes but its playable.  If you replace dragonite with calm mind reuniculus its more playable.  Also, lead with mienshao so lead mamoswine doesn't kill you.

Edited by Aard

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

This team looks like it would only work against noobs with less than competitive teams. 

 

I'll give a quick rundown on the problems.

 

1. No hazard control so once your opponent uses stealth rocks/spikes, they're down for good (unless they press defog, which they won't since you don't have any stealth rock user). This is less than ideal on a team with a 4x rock weak volcarona, a 2x rock weak dragonite, a leftoverless snorlax, and a couple of rock neutral pokemon that will take 12.5% from stealth rock on entry.

 

2. As I mentioned before, you don't have any stealth rock user, so all of your team needs to do a full 100% damage to any pokemon that comes out to the playing field. Entry hazards are a great way to break down more defensive oriented teams, especially when paired with uturn/volt switch, which brings me into points 3 and 4.

 

3. You lack a reliable way of taking down skarmory+blissey (or now eviolite chansey) combo. Blissey switches in eternally vs volcarona and hydreigon, while skarmory switches in vs tyranitar/snorlax/metagross without too much fear and sets down spikes or stealth rock. Assuming your opponent doesn't make an obvious mistake by leaving in blissey vs a physical attacker or skarmory in vs a sp atk'er, you have no chance of breaking the core without some rng from tyranitar/metagross.

 

4. An offensive team relies on uturn/volt switch to keep up momentum. As said before, blissey comes in vs hydreigon for free as it is running 4 special attacks. Instead, you could run uturn so you can get some chip damage on blissey and immediately go to a physical attacker that threatens it. Uturn and volt switch are also great ways of bringing in frailer attackers into play.

 

5. Conkeldurr is a huge pain to this team. You only have 2 fighting resists and both are weak to rock and don't immediately threaten conkeldurr, while conkeldurr revenge kills tyranitar, beats snorlax, and can deal with hydreigon easily as well. Nothing on your team comes close to being able to ko (or even 2hko) conkeldurr, which means it has an easy win over your team assuming the opponent doesn't misplay too much.

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

Changes to make:

 

Hydreigon set. Earth power should definitely be dropped for either uturn or superpower. Uturn is usable on a modest nature hydreigon, superpower would require a different hydreigon nature. Hydreigon should be using an item other than leftovers as well. Life orb or specs are the popular choices.

 

Snorlax moveset. I didn't mention this before, but snorlax has no way to hit gengar and is also walled by skarmory. An easy change is to do fire punch > earthquake. You lose coverage on tyranitar, but you can at least go for a body slam paralysis. Snorlax should also run leftovers, as leftovers makes snorlax last a lot longer before it needs to rest. Snorlax overall is a sub optimal choice in OU right now. Conkeldurr and whirlwind hippo are the main reasons for this. Snorlax has little to no chance of beating either of these pokemon, while snorlax lacks the team support to really ever get a snorlax sweep (e.g. running magneton to deal with skarmory consistently, pursuit users for ghost types, a good way to deal with fighting types, etc). 

 

Add hazards and hazard control to your team. This is a little harder to do since there are a lot of options for both. If you wanted to keep as much of the original team as possible, you could add stealth rocks to either tyranitar or metagross (obviously making them something other than a boosting set). If you don't mind replacing a pokemon or two, then you have some options for stealth rockers. Skarmory, forretress, bronzong, ferrothorn, hippowdon are all good options. Some of them provide other utility (skarmory can defog or run spikes or whirlwind as well, forretress can rapid spin and lay down any other hazard, ferrothorn gets stealth rock+spikes, hippowdon can stealth rock and whirlwind to deal with conkeldurr). 

 

Hazard control has several options as well. Like previously mentioned, skarmory and forretress can run removal in their movesets to allow for role compression. Salamence is a great defogger as well, with a moveset of roost defog flamethrower dragon pulse. A problem with many defoggers is that they have a bad matchup vs common hazard setters. Salamence has a great matchup vs pokemon like skarmory, ferrothorn, and forretress, while also acting as a fighting resist for conkeldurr/other fighting types.

 

Remove one of the pseudo legendaries to get a better matchup vs bulky waters. Currently milotic is a huge pain for the team, being able to wall pretty much everything on your team and everything fears a scald burn. Snorlax can take advantage of milotic if milotic doesn't run haze, but I believe haze is still an optimal move on milotic for bulk up conkeldurr/calm mind reuniclus, so relying on hazeless milotic is not ideal. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Overall, I give your team a 4/10 teambuilding wise and your ego a 2/10. I would not let your ego go to your head after winning some matchmaking games (especially if they're unranked since those are the bottom of the barrel players potentially). Even in ranked matchmaking, most of the players you play at first are probably very new to competitive play. Being successful with this team in tournament play (e.g. getting to round 4/5) would be more bragworthy, especially considering the flaws the team has. 

It's like you were giving their egos a boost. 

 

Helpful 0/10

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

forretress can rapid spin and lay down any other hazard

It can also use a slow volt switch to get another mon in safely.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

you must have won a lot of officials by now

Very bad at officials 2013 so never went back and tried. I'd run the same team every match

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, BurntZebra said:

This team looks like it would only work against noobs with less than competitive teams. 

 

I'll give a quick rundown on the problems.

 

1. No hazard control so once your opponent uses stealth rocks/spikes, they're down for good (unless they press defog, which they won't since you don't have any stealth rock user). This is less than ideal on a team with a 4x rock weak volcarona, a 2x rock weak dragonite, a leftoverless snorlax, and a couple of rock neutral pokemon that will take 12.5% from stealth rock on entry.

 

2. As I mentioned before, you don't have any stealth rock user, so all of your team needs to do a full 100% damage to any pokemon that comes out to the playing field. Entry hazards are a great way to break down more defensive oriented teams, especially when paired with uturn/volt switch, which brings me into points 3 and 4.

 

3. You lack a reliable way of taking down skarmory+blissey (or now eviolite chansey) combo. Blissey switches in eternally vs volcarona and hydreigon, while skarmory switches in vs tyranitar/snorlax/metagross without too much fear and sets down spikes or stealth rock. Assuming your opponent doesn't make an obvious mistake by leaving in blissey vs a physical attacker or skarmory in vs a sp atk'er, you have no chance of breaking the core without some rng from tyranitar/metagross.

 

4. An offensive team relies on uturn/volt switch to keep up momentum. As said before, blissey comes in vs hydreigon for free as it is running 4 special attacks. Instead, you could run uturn so you can get some chip damage on blissey and immediately go to a physical attacker that threatens it. Uturn and volt switch are also great ways of bringing in frailer attackers into play.

 

5. Conkeldurr is a huge pain to this team. You only have 2 fighting resists and both are weak to rock and don't immediately threaten conkeldurr, while conkeldurr revenge kills tyranitar, beats snorlax, and can deal with hydreigon easily as well. Nothing on your team comes close to being able to ko (or even 2hko) conkeldurr, which means it has an easy win over your team assuming the opponent doesn't misplay too much.

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

Changes to make:

 

Hydreigon set. Earth power should definitely be dropped for either uturn or superpower. Uturn is usable on a modest nature hydreigon, superpower would require a different hydreigon nature. Hydreigon should be using an item other than leftovers as well. Life orb or specs are the popular choices.

 

Snorlax moveset. I didn't mention this before, but snorlax has no way to hit gengar and is also walled by skarmory. An easy change is to do fire punch > earthquake. You lose coverage on tyranitar, but you can at least go for a body slam paralysis. Snorlax should also run leftovers, as leftovers makes snorlax last a lot longer before it needs to rest. Snorlax overall is a sub optimal choice in OU right now. Conkeldurr and whirlwind hippo are the main reasons for this. Snorlax has little to no chance of beating either of these pokemon, while snorlax lacks the team support to really ever get a snorlax sweep (e.g. running magneton to deal with skarmory consistently, pursuit users for ghost types, a good way to deal with fighting types, etc). 

 

Add hazards and hazard control to your team. This is a little harder to do since there are a lot of options for both. If you wanted to keep as much of the original team as possible, you could add stealth rocks to either tyranitar or metagross (obviously making them something other than a boosting set). If you don't mind replacing a pokemon or two, then you have some options for stealth rockers. Skarmory, forretress, bronzong, ferrothorn, hippowdon are all good options. Some of them provide other utility (skarmory can defog or run spikes or whirlwind as well, forretress can rapid spin and lay down any other hazard, ferrothorn gets stealth rock+spikes, hippowdon can stealth rock and whirlwind to deal with conkeldurr). 

 

Hazard control has several options as well. Like previously mentioned, skarmory and forretress can run removal in their movesets to allow for role compression. Salamence is a great defogger as well, with a moveset of roost defog flamethrower dragon pulse. A problem with many defoggers is that they have a bad matchup vs common hazard setters. Salamence has a great matchup vs pokemon like skarmory, ferrothorn, and forretress, while also acting as a fighting resist for conkeldurr/other fighting types.

 

Remove one of the pseudo legendaries to get a better matchup vs bulky waters. Currently milotic is a huge pain for the team, being able to wall pretty much everything on your team and everything fears a scald burn. Snorlax can take advantage of milotic if milotic doesn't run haze, but I believe haze is still an optimal move on milotic for bulk up conkeldurr/calm mind reuniclus, so relying on hazeless milotic is not ideal. 

 

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Overall, I give your team a 4/10 teambuilding wise and your ego a 2/10. I would not let your ego go to your head after winning some matchmaking games (especially if they're unranked since those are the bottom of the barrel players potentially). Even in ranked matchmaking, most of the players you play at first are probably very new to competitive play. Being successful with this team in tournament play (e.g. getting to round 4/5) would be more bragworthy, especially considering the flaws the team has. 

Wow that post actually covers a lot and helped me out even if i am starting in UU lol

 

But thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, trashplayerstevo said:

Wow that post actually covers a lot and helped me out even if i am starting in UU lol

 

But thanks!

Great!

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Millionminds said:

Very bad at officials 2013 so never went back and tried. I'd run the same team every match

You didn't improve much since then, apparently. zebras advice was spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Millionminds said:

Very bad at officials 2013 so never went back and tried.

Perhaps the most motivational bit of advice I've ever read

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.