Lowering the level cap

Just some back story I level my Pokemon to the max level it can be before I face every gym and at the moment I was stuck because even all my Pokemon at the max level of 60 while in Hoenn I couldn't beat the elite four and now with the latest patch change log 12/8/18 it has lower the level cap which means all my level 60 Pokemon have went down to 56 but along with that 2 of my Pokemon Tyraniar and Haxorus are still both level 60 which means they kill themselves in battle before even being able to use, So personally I just want to know why only those Pokemon stayed that level and why lower the cap in the first place?

35 minutes ago, JordanTheOzzy said:

Just some back story I level my Pokemon to the max level it can be before I face every gym and at the moment I was stuck because even all my Pokemon at the max level of 60 while in Hoenn I couldn't beat the elite four and now with the latest patch change log 12/8/18 it has lower the level cap which means all my level 60 Pokemon have went down to 56 but along with that 2 of my Pokemon Tyraniar and Haxorus are still both level 60 which means they kill themselves in battle before even being able to use, So personally I just want to know why only those Pokemon stayed that level and why lower the cap in the first place?

its happening the same thing with my twho pokemons. help please :(

I also have the same issue. I was working on my team yesterday for hoenn's e4 and only managed to get half of my team to lvl 59 since I wasn't sure if overleveling could happen or not. The new update dropped the level and now I'm suffering horribly with half of a team that's prepared to take on the e4. I'm seriously wondering what was the purpose of the sudden decrease in the level cap across all regions?

19 minutes ago, Haltimer said:

I also have the same issue. I was working on my team yesterday for hoenn's e4 and only managed to get half of my team to lvl 59 since I wasn't sure if overleveling could happen or not. The new update dropped the level and now I'm suffering horribly with half of a team that's prepared to take on the e4. I'm seriously wondering what was the purpose of the sudden decrease in the level cap across all regions?

+1

20 minutes ago, Haltimer said:

I'm seriously wondering what was the purpose of the sudden decrease in the level cap across all regions?

Making the game unnecesary Hard for the New player? 

Dont worry eventually some1 will show up at this thread to "enlight you" about the fact that the lvl caps are not bad, but good because they prevent players from steam roll over gyms (even the fact thats well known of ppl doing alt runs with pokémon like starmie and soloing at least the story Mode (i did that recently in unova) so the two purposses this measure is supossed to prevent are not actually being prevented I think. But as i said, soon or later some1 will come to "enlight you" about this reasons.