time to mess with the economy again?

53 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

so you wheren't saying that people will just flood the market with 10 listing of 10 insted of 1 of 100? but rather that they won't make has much becaus of the higher tax?

let me elaborate on that, read the bit i actually quoted, not the whole post ffs

There's two different reasons for these changes. The first being the amount of active listings is starting to consume somewhat significant server resources. This is the reason for the increased base fee as well as decreased listing limit.

The second, being the per-count fee change: The way that the fees work right now gives players an unintended advantage when trying to sell stacks which exceeded the fee maximum ($25,000). Currently, if you are trying to sell a stack of 10 items, you are at a disadvantage compared to someone trying to sell 99 stack sizes at the same price. This change makes the fees fair for every stack size.

The base fee, listing limit, and duration changes are not necessarily permanent, and we're open to readjusting them after we can monitor what effects they have on the game and server resources.

4 minutes ago, Desu said:

There's two different reasons for these changes. The first being the amount of active listings is starting to consume somewhat significant server resources. This is the reason for the increased base fee as well as decreased listing limit.

The second, being the per-count fee change: The way that the fees work right now gives players an unintended advantage when trying to sell stacks which exceeded the fee maximum ($25,000). Currently, if you are trying to sell a stack of 10 items, you are at a disadvantage compared to someone trying to sell 99 stack sizes at the same price. This change makes the fees fair for every stack size.

The base fee, listing limit, and duration changes are not necessarily permanent, and we're open to readjusting them after we can monitor what effects they have on the game and server resources.

interesting so basically the change for pricing is only a temporary change to reduce the stress on the server? since it would hurt a few small market quite a lot it would be better for it to come back to what we have now the sooner possible.

Edited by ThePrettyPetard

From the little I've spoken with kyu, this was done as a pseudo measure to try to help the servers mantain stability. Last month there was ~80k listings and the server suffered with that.

Source: pokemmo official discord, search for my name, should be one of my last messages in the english chat room.

Edit: nvm didnt see desu answered in page 2, either way, there is that.

Edited by razimove
11 minutes ago, razimove said:

From the little I've spoken with kyu, this was done as a pseudo measure to try to help the servers mantain stability. Last month there was ~80k listings and the server suffered with that.

Source: pokemmo official discord, search for my name, should be one of my last messages in the english chat room.

Edit: nvm didnt see desu answered in page 2, either way, there is that.

well then that could be something that we could maybe live with for a little bit but some market will suffer during that time

5 hours ago, Desu said:

the server resource thing is a legit problem, infinite advertising post on gtl will add up, but then give them the resources back when the 3 weeks are up. if you spend a hour and 900k breeding a comp you plan to make 100k profit off of, but it doesnt sell for 2 months, thats 150k in fees and you are loosing money unless you up prices. this isnt the type of flaw people live with, this is the type of flaw that makes the gtl not worth using. 

and the getting rid of the "max fee" thing just compounds the issue. if im selling my lab coat on the gtl which recently went for a shiny bulba + eevee worth roughly 400-450mil combined, thats a 22.5 mil fee on a 400 mil listing. 900 times more then it was every 3 weeks. thats not insignificant amount of money. 

anything of mediocre to high value is just not going to be listed on the gtl. why give us the gtl at all?

1 minute ago, fredrichnietze said:

and the getting rid of the "max fee" thing just compounds the issue. if im selling my lab coat on the gtl which recently went for a shiny bulba + eevee worth roughly 400-450mil combined, thats a 22.5 mil fee on a 400 mil listing. 900 times more then it was every 3 weeks. thats not insignificant amount of money. 

anything of mediocre to high value is just not going to be listed on the gtl. why give us the gtl at all?

just saying the max fee per item is still 25k it's just changed for stackable item

4 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

yeah that one's never going to happen otherwise being a trader would be even more op

if you thing doesnt sell you have to make the post over and over. if the post goes away after 3 weeks instead of lasting forever, the 5% fee is just being put back into the gtl to repost every 3 weeks until it's all sold. doing this isnt a buff it's just keeping the status quo

2 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

if you thing doesnt sell you have to make the post over and over. if the post goes away after 3 weeks instead of lasting forever, the 5% fee is just being put back into the gtl to repost every 3 weeks until it's all sold. doing this isnt a buff it's just keeping the status quo

i think i'll need you to elaborate some more on that one cuz i am not sure i get what you mean

4 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i think i'll need you to elaborate some more on that one cuz i am not sure i get what you mean

if i spend a one time fee of 25k to list something on the gtl i am out 25k and eventually that thing will sell.

if i spend a 25k fee to post something for 3 weeks and it comes back to me if the item doesnt sell then im out 25k for 3 weeks then i repost and im out 25k again and this continues till it sells.

if i spend 25k to post a item every 3 weeks until it sells i could be out 25k or 50k or 100k or 1 mil depending on how long it doesnt sell. 

in the first 2 situations the end results is i sell my thing and spend 25k. one requires reposting every now and then, but that takes seconds and isnt a major deal, as it would also allow adjusting the price. in the 3rd situation i could sink a massive amount of money, or i could sink 25k. you have no way of knowing but the more you use the gtl the more often you will have to pay more and more. 

if you allow rebates on things that dont sell, you keep the status quo of "25k" to sell the item on gtl, with the 5% and possibly the cap being the adjustable option to increase/decrease the money sink. if you dont get a rebate then you have 1-2 adjustable options and one inconsistent but important factor of possibly having to pay that tax over and over for the same thing maybe but not always. 

6 hours ago, Desu said:

The person who is selling lower of the same item is at a disadvantage, sure, but that is his own doing, he could also farm more and list more, nothing stopping him.

With this new system, a person who would normally grind more and get 99 of the same item, to make 1 big listing, he loses his motivation to do so now.

Rather he would now make 10-20 small listing out of the 99 items, creating more active listings, being counter-productive towards your first reason:

6 hours ago, Desu said:

The first being the amount of active listings is starting to consume somewhat significant server resources. This is the reason for the increased base fee as well as decreased listing limit.

18 minutes ago, razimove said:

Tl;dr; pseudo solution to a problem that would be solved by upgrading servers, but hey, why do that, when nerfing stuff further is free.

Sometimes, it doesn't matter how much money you throw at hosting. We have already done server upgrades in the past 2mo to deal with increased capacity, and the problems at this point are in software.

Let us do our jobs instead of making snide comments on what you think the problems are, please.

2 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Sometimes, it doesn't matter how much money you throw at hosting. We have already done server upgrades in the past 2mo to deal with increased capacity, and the problems at this point are in software.

Let us do our jobs instead of making snide comments on what you think the problems are, please.

You guys keep us on the shadows, you just say buff this, nerf that, soon implemented. The least you guys could do to avoid comments and keep everyone happy, is to be a bit more open, check games like overwatch, league, any known title, they usually either make a summary as to why certain things were done, or even go through the trouble, in this case on overwatch of making blogs explaining their thought proccess and why thry think it was needed. You guys are terrible at keeping the community informed. Just stop keeping everything in the shadows, mistakes happen to anyone.

Just now, razimove said:

You guys keep us on the shadows, you just say buff this, nerf that, soon implemented. The least you guys could do to avoid comments and keep everyone happy, is to be a bit more open, check games like overwatch, league, any known title, they usually either make a summary as to why certain things were done, or even go through the trouble, in this case on overwatch of making blogs explaining their thought proccess and why thry think it was needed. You guys are terrible at keeping the community informed. Just stop keeping everything in the shadows, mistakes happen to anyone.

Ok. Here's the reason why it's being nerfed slightly:

11 hours ago, Desu said:

The first being the amount of active listings is starting to consume somewhat significant server resources. This is the reason for the increased base fee as well as decreased listing limit.

We hope to have it back to the previous fees if the server performs well after the next update. Sorry that we didn't make note of it prior to now, I really didn't think it would be a Big Deal™.

2 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Ok. Here's the reason why it's being nerfed slightly:

We hope to have it back to the previous fees if the server performs well after the next update. Sorry that we didn't make note of it prior to now, I really didn't think it would be a Big Deal™.

Not speaking about this in particular, just stumbled upon this. But you guys are terrible at giving us even the slightest update in regards of the situation from the devs side, a good example, being the unova update where all we got was a teaser in your profile and then nothing for what? 6 months~1 year?. And I mean, how good is this solution in a ever increasing inflaction, especially considering the huge influx of new players, from the chinese community and overall cause is summer vacation.

9 minutes ago, razimove said:

And I mean, how good is this solution in a ever increasing inflaction, especially considering the huge influx of new players, from the chinese community and overall cause is summer vacation.

We are pushing several performance optimizations for the GTL during the next update, but we are not fully confident that they will resolve the problems we're seeing. We are trying to slow down GTL traffic to the point where we don't have 100k listings per week, because the growth is currently unsustainable. If the performance optimizations aren't enough, we will restrict it further until traffic is reduced.

9 minutes ago, razimove said:

Not speaking about this in particular, just stumbled upon this. But you guys are terrible at giving us even the slightest update in regards of the situation from the devs side, a good example, being the unova update where all we got was a teaser in your profile and then nothing for what? 6 months~1 year?.

I don't know what you want here, considering we ran several PTS events during Unova's development to demo it, and were fairly open about questions for it. I think you're just going out of your way to be angry at this point, and that you're getting off topic of economy changes.