Jump to content
Wickedsham

Advice on a team to Beat the E4 for the first time (New player)

Recommended Posts

I need some advice about a team to Beat the E4 in hoenn and then kanto both for the first time (got already 8 badges for both regions)... So if the team suggested can be used to Beat both regions E4 would be awesome, if not, at least not having to make a full New team to Beat kanto and just changing few mons would be sweat. Currently as i said i have the 8 badges in both regions. But i have grown tired of not being able to lvl UP my pokemon past the lvl caps. Im not going to rant (anymore) about how Hard this thing is for the New player. The one that didnt grew up playing pokemon games and lacks the the knowledge about evs, ivs, counters, team roles etc. So plz have this in mind. I just want to Beat them, so I can start focusing on breeding, grinding for mons etc. 

 

I dont mind about having to buy from the gtl/ or breed. In fact i find the breeding thing the Best part of the game. 

 

So it would be very apreciated if the suggested team or teams (hoenn and kanto) include suggested ivs and ev training and moves.

 

 

Thanks in advance 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Toupi   

I would highly encourage getting a setup(boosting move) pokemon. It's much easier to setup on AI because it's easy to predict when they gonna switch.

Something with Dragon Dance or Quiver Dance and coverage moves could be perfect because it's harder to revenge kill it with Scarf user.

There are also moves that bulks you up like Calm Mind or Bulk Up and moves that boost only your offense Sword Dance or Nasty Plot

 

*-not sure if Nasty Plot is working here

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

If you only care about the win or defeating the E4 asap you should pick moves that are super effective against the E4.

 

 

Kanto: Ice, Psychic, Ghost, Electric, Fighting, Bug if you switch from different region, idk if other pokemons can learn bug moves except bug types.

Hoenn: Bug, Electric, Grass, Psychic, Fighting

Unova: Bug, Ice, Dark/Ghost, Psychic, Fire, Electric, Fighting,

Edited by HandsomeLooker1492

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Wickedsham said:

I need some advice about a team to Beat the E4 in hoenn and then kanto both for the first time (got already 8 badges for both regions)... So if the team suggested can be used to Beat both regions E4 would be awesome, if not, at least not having to make a full New team to Beat kanto and just changing few mons would be sweat. Currently as i said i have the 8 badges in both regions. But i have grown tired of not being able to lvl UP my pokemon past the lvl caps. Im not going to rant (anymore) about how Hard this thing is for the New player. The one that didnt grew up playing pokemon games and lacks the the knowledge about evs, ivs, counters, team roles etc. So plz have this in mind. I just want to Beat them, so I can start focusing on breeding, grinding for mons etc. 

 

I dont mind about having to buy from the gtl/ or breed. In fact i find the breeding thing the Best part of the game. 

 

So it would be very apreciated if the suggested team or teams (hoenn and kanto) include suggested ivs and ev training and moves.

 

 

Thanks in advance 

 

 

 

first tip get an espeon mine soloed the first and half the second of the hoenn e4 while only being lvl 55 (pre unova time) you just need calm mind, psychic, signal beam, the last move is to your choice.

second tip get a jolteon with hp ice (for coverage)

third tip get a vaporeon cuz it can take some hit and kill dragons with ice beam

forth tip get a glaceon cuz dragons are a pain so better be safe

fifth tip i may be able to sell you some good eevee to do the work :P or just give more info on eeveelution overall

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks to all for the kind advice i think ill start getting the team and hopefully finally beat the E4 this wekend

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

first tip get an espeon mine soloed the first and half the second of the hoenn e4 while only being lvl 55 (pre unova time) you just need calm mind, psychic, signal beam, the last move is to your choice.

second tip get a jolteon with hp ice (for coverage)

third tip get a vaporeon cuz it can take some hit and kill dragons with ice beam

forth tip get a glaceon cuz dragons are a pain so better be safe

What are the minimium iv requirements and what is the recomended ev training? So far i havent breed any evee nor used it. I guess maybe hp, sp attack and speed would be desirable for ivs and for ev training speed and sp attack? I just got the necessary breeders to get a 3 x 30 evee (sp attack 30, hp 30, and speed 31(but not sure if its worth it) or should i wait till i can get the needed breeders for a 3 x 31. I havent bought anything, Just went hunting. 

 Thanks again 

 

Edit, whats the desired nature for that said evee? Asuming the first one i want to breed is the one that will be evolved into vaporeon? 

 

Edited by Wickedsham

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Wickedsham said:

What are the minimium iv requirements and what is the recomended ev training? So far i havent breed any evee nor used it. I guess maybe hp, sp attack and speed would be desirable for ivs and for ev training speed and sp attack? I just got the necessary breeders to get a 3 x 30 evee (sp attack 30, hp 30, and speed 31(but not sure if its worth it) or should i wait till i can get the needed breeders for a 3 x 31. I havent bought anything, Just went hunting. 

 Thanks again 

 

Edit, whats the desired nature for that said evee? Asuming the first one i want to breed is the one that will be evolved into vaporeon? 

 

if you want a vaporeon i would recomand bold and ev train def and sp atk and hold something like a leftover but you maybe don't need to breed one, it's also more expensive to breed eevee (never been a fan of doing breed halfway has well), and for iv the higher the better beside for atk

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

if you want a vaporeon i would recomand bold and ev train def and sp atk and hold something like a leftover but you maybe don't need to breed one, it's also more expensive to breed eevee (never been a fan of doing breed halfway has well), and for iv the higher the better beside for atk

So  Wild eevees with decent speed and atack should be enough? Bold nature for the four of them? I got some breeders and money so I think i have enough material / yens to make them 3 x 31(females, Just in case later at some point i want to finish improving them even if this means having to retrain them)i was thinking speed and and hp is a must but im not sure if i should iv them in atack or sp atack. On the other hand if you say that its possible to use Wild eevees with decent ivs then i guess i should start training them hehehe, i spent some time last night hunting eevees and got some decent ones i think 

 

Thanks again for your time answering all my questions 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Wickedsham said:

 Bold nature for the four of them?

for this i only meant for a vaporeon has it would raise it's defense. for the espeon and jolteon timid or modest would be the best on depending on your need but i did it with a + spatk nature espeon so the extra power might be usefull has long has the nature doesn't hurt speed beside that has long has they are ev trained properly (def  and spatk for vaporeon and spatk and speed for both jolteon and espeon) even wild eevee can do the work since ev are what makes the biggest difference

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

for this i only meant for a vaporeon has it would raise it's defense. for the espeon and jolteon timid or modest would be the best on depending on your need but i did it with a + spatk nature espeon so the extra power might be usefull has long has the nature doesn't hurt speed beside that has long has they are ev trained properly (def  and spatk for vaporeon and spatk and speed for both jolteon and espeon) even wild eevee can do the work since ev are what makes the biggest difference

Sweet, that saves me some buck, which is always nice, you talked earlier about a glaceon, what about him, i mean ev training and nature, thanks again for all ur help 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Wickedsham said:

Sweet, that saves me some buck, which is always nice, you talked earlier about a glaceon, what about him, i mean ev training and nature, thanks again for all ur help 

for glaceon i haven't used one for those 2 e4 and i haven't made a solid build for it yet but if i recal right it's spatk is his main stat and maybe def had the second so it could be nice to invest in those 2 or maybe even try to go for some speed insted but i have not yet tested or dived much into potential strat.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

get a starmie and a dragonite and u should be fine

Really? Only Those two? What skills evs? 

 

2 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

for glaceon i haven't used one for those 2 e4 and i haven't made a solid build for it yet but if i recal right it's spatk is his main stat and maybe def had the second so it could be nice to invest in those 2 or maybe even try to go for some speed insted but i have not yet tested or dived much into potential strat.

I see i guess ill hold on, onto glaceon atm. Ill focus on the other 3

Edited by Wickedsham

Share this post


Link to post
FNTCZ   
Posted (edited)

I'll recommend you a team that should beat all elite 4s and will get you going with pvp.  Ofcourse perfect ivs would be nice but that's too expensive, so I'll give you iv examples so that it wont cost you more than 80 - 100k per pokemon (you just gotta know how to search gtl)

 

Bold pelipper (leftovers)

ivs: 25+/x/25+/24+/25+/20+

evs:252hp 252def 4spdef

moveset: roost, scald, huricane

 

Sassy ferrothorn (leftovers)

ivs: 25+/24+/25+/x/25+/4-

evs: 252hp 252spdef 4 def

moves: gyro ball, power whip, leech seed, stealth rock

 

Modest kingdra (life orb or expert bell if life orb is too expensive for you to afford)

ivs: 20+/x/20+/31/20+/31

evs: 252spa 252speed

moves: surf, hydro pump, dragon pulse, icebeam

 

gyarados dd,

you already have a jolteon so put rain dance on it and use it too

adamant kabutops

 

also if you really really wanna go for the safe route, you can use defensive jellicent with toxic and recover instead of jolt/gyarados/kabutops and spikes on ferrothorn instead of gyro ball (since gyro only has 5 pp and im guessing you cant afford pp maxes) spikes is an eggmove tho so you have to breed for it

 

id go into more detail but i gtg, hope this helps.

 

Also buy a bunch of leppa berries and revival herbs. they are cheaper than elixirs and revives respectively

Edited by FNTCZ

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

gyarados dd,

Dd means dragon dance if im guessing right? 

 

Does gyarados need any ev training or ivs? 

8 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

ferrothorn instead of gyro ball (since gyro only has 5 pp and im guessing you cant afford pp maxes) spikes is an eggmove tho so you have to breed for it

I guess ill just buy the pp Max. Still i dont know how to use egg moves and all that stuff, so I guess ill better stick with the first option of pp maxing gyroball, unless it is possible to get the spikes move from a tutor. 

8 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

I'll recommend you a team that should beat all elite 4s

So this team can beat the 3 región E4? That's sweet

 

Thanks for ur advice 

Share this post


Link to post
FNTCZ   
6 hours ago, Wickedsham said:

I guess ill just buy the pp Max. Still i dont know how to use egg moves and all that stuff, so I guess ill better stick with the first option of pp maxing gyroball, unless it is possible to get the spikes move from a tutor. 

As for the eggmove, all you need to do is breed your female ferroseed with a male cacturne or cacnea that knows thes move spikes AND leech seed, I highly recommend you to do this. the egg will hatch with a baby ferroseed that knows both moves. I highly recommend you to get them. (Cacnea learns leech seed at lvl 10 and spikes at lvl 30)

 

6 hours ago, Wickedsham said:

Dd means dragon dance if im guessing right? 

Does gyarados need any ev training or ivs? 

Yes, to both questions, mosty important of all you want 31 physical attack with an addamant nature and 21+ in everything else (31 speed isnt necesary since you only need 128 speed at level 50). Moveset would be: Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, Stone edge with leftovers.

Same thing with Kabutops honestly, except for pvp you actually want 31 speed IVs then but for the elite fours 23+ will do just fine

 

6 hours ago, Wickedsham said:

So this team can beat the 3 región E4? That's sweet

Yes, although as I mentioned before, if you wanna go for the safe route (which is also a lot easier) Id use a deffensive Jellicent with toxic and recover instead of jolt/gyara/kabu

Edited by FNTCZ

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, FNTCZ said:

Yes, although as I mentioned before, if you wanna go for the safe route (which is also a lot easier) Id use a deffensive Jellicent with toxic and recover instead of jolt/gyara/kabu

You mean getting a jellicent instead one of the other pokemon right? It would be still a team of six. So I think i would be taking out kabu probably. 

 

Thanks for your patience and help 

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, HandsomeLooker1492 said:

Hey @Wickedsham have you defeated the E4 yet?

Not yet. I Checked the lvl caps for the different regions. My original plan was to Beat first hoenn then kanto then box that team untill unova e4 but i just found that unova has an even lower lvl cap. So I have started the storyline for unova, so in the end my plan changed to Beat first unova, then, hoenn then kanto. That way I hope i wont need a New team for unova or at least only minor changes will have to be made. Honestly im tired of the endless grind, lol and i really hate leveling up pokes just to ditch them later in the "dusty box" so ill have to wait till i get to unova E4. But not everthing is bad, this Last two days while grinding for breeders to asemble the team my balance  jumped from 800k to 1.2 m yens (That's the kind of grind i love lol) and im already at third gym in unova. So I hope soon ill be telling you that i finally lifted that annoying lvl cap from my account. I used to love grinding with my pickup meowth, now im worried because i can use it on hoenn, or i can use it at kanto and reach the lvl cap there. But anyway he is stuck at one región one way or the other. Same thing will happen soon with the breloom i use to catch pokemon :( That's why im so interested in finally getting rid of the lvl cap 

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, Unova is very difficult among all the regions. You need an Ice Water pokemon to defeat the grandmaster because all the dragons have flamethrower which is super effective. You need at least 2 of them to use ice moves at them and some of the dragons have thunderbolt for some reasons which ruins the combo. I recommend having sp defence and defense pokemon evs if you have problems getting one hit instantly by him.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, HandsomeLooker1492 said:

Oh, Unova is very difficult among all the regions. You need an Ice Water pokemon to defeat the grandmaster because all the dragons have flamethrower which is super effective. You need at least 2 of them to use ice moves at them and some of the dragons have thunderbolt for some reasons which ruins the combo. I recommend having sp defence and defense pokemon evs if you have problems getting one hit instantly by him.

Lol do you remember that meme of the guy throwing a table... Thats how i feel in this moment =/ grind grind grind one or two pokemon just to box them later (because they get replaced by another pokemon to fill a temporary task) i guess ill better play candy crush lol 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Wickedsham said:

Lol do you remember that meme of the guy throwing a table... Thats how i feel in this moment =/ grind grind grind one or two pokemon just to box them later (because they get replaced by another pokemon to fill a temporary task) i guess ill better play candy crush lol 

It's easy, all you just need to kill/faint a specific pokemon that's on the list here

https://pokemondb.net/ev/spdef

https://pokemondb.net/ev/defense

which takes time because you don't earn money by just walking into bushes unless you're using payday that gives 140-500 gold.

Also you don't need 6*31, all you just need is balanced ivs about 20 all.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, HandsomeLooker1492 said:

It's easy, all you just need to kill/faint a specific pokemon that's on the list here

https://pokemondb.net/ev/spdef

https://pokemondb.net/ev/defense

which takes time because you don't earn money by just walking into bushes unless you're using payday that gives 140-500 gold.

Yes I know how to ev train the pokemon, what i mean is that since i started playing this game every time i reach a New gym, villain or whatever i have to replace one or two of my pokes, Just to "adapt" my original team or whatever it was is on the box. And nothing of that team works against the E4 so... More grind =/ Thats what i meant. Anyway i guess im closer to finish than when I started. So Thats a good thing i guess 

Edited by Wickedsham

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.