Lets talk about the state of PokeMMO.

20 minutes ago, Parke said:

I feel like the Developers of this name owe the players an update at the very least. We've been receiving timeframe after timeframe for potential game updates and while I get shit can happen and it can be delayed, at least give an update to your community so we at least let us know what's happening. I feel like the development team here are way too quiet in regard to whats going on and that's sad considering the ever growing influx of players the game is getting. pls give more transparency devolpers

Apologies for that but the update was pushed further away because of the recent server issues.

The dev team has stated it a few times in the forums already that there have been a big growth in player base and the server issues has pushed the update even further.

23 minutes ago, Parke said:

Tournaments arent happening nearly as frequently as they probably should, considering as I mentioned. The community size is literally growing so much every day so the game is alot more active now than it's been in the past whatever amount of time. I also understand that part of this reason for lack of tournaments is because of the whole split between PVE & PVP events and temporarily having to pull the plug on PVE events for the time being due to the amount of people participating but that once again leaves many many players sat wondering what to do.

If you check the tournaments from past few weeks and compare it with past few months, you'll find that there is an increase in the number of tournaments being hosted (tournaments for this week are not in the ingame tournament list yet) and we're planning to increase the amount even more.

The main issue I have with the game right now is the economy. Due to the large influx of new players over the past few months nearly every farmable item has decreased in price. Just a few examples would be Everstones 20k > 8k, Heart Scales 11k > 6k,  Big Mushroom 12k > 5k, and nearly every RP based item dropping as well.

I don't mind saving money and waiting for the PvP meta to improve or more end game content to be added, but when making money is as painful as it is right now, it completely turns me off from playing. And unfortunately there is no easy solution for a broken economy like ours. I suggested buffing NPC rematches again but they didn't like that idea so I guess we just have to sit here and wait for these updates they keep promising us. 

As far as the competitive aspect of the game goes, I can't really give much of an opinion on that. I've been waiting for a year now to get into it but half of the things needed for a healthy gen 5 meta isn't available to us, so I chose not to waste money breeding things that I'll need to rebreed again later. (Again mainly because of how painful earning money is.) 

One of the things that still surprises me is the lack of updates we receive from the Dev team. (Not actual game updates, but updates on what they're doing etc.) I mean, They spent how many months/years working on the Unova region and they didn't even make an official announcement when it was being released. We got a shitty teaser on Kyu's profile and that was it. Biggest update of the year and they didn't make any official announcement on the forums or social media. That example alone should tell you how little effort they put into telling us what's going on.  Putting a little bit of effort into your community would go a long way.

I can't relate to some of the issues competitive players or shiny traders have, but I guess this is my opinion as a 'casual' player on the current state of the game. The game is really stale right now and the only thing keeping me around is the social aspect of it. I've spent 2,300 hours of my time in the past 15 months here and it's just sad that it doesn't seem like things are improving any time soon.  

the only tier that isnt dead is the worst tier and key pvp mechanics dont work.

nothing to do, but farming gyms to save up money for when pvp is playable. i know OU is active, but lets be honest, OU is shit. you didnt manage to promote UU or NU, theres no ladder rewards, so no reason but bp to actually join the queue of that fun tier and key pvp mechanics arent working for months now, and i dont even mean items or hidden abilities. so the only reason to log pvp wise is that one official per week, which is hardly worth breeding anymore.

what to do? promote lower tiers pvp and make ladder rewards happen, so that playing pvp in this game doesnt feel as necro as it does right now. or give us the power to create tournament lobbies via matchmaking panel, so people can join spontaneous tournaments with their entry fees as prize or whatever - thatd be cool actually.

2 hours ago, Parke said:

I feel like the Developers of this name owe the players an update at the very least. We've been receiving timeframe after timeframe for potential game updates and while I get shit can happen and it can be delayed, at least give an update to your community so we at least let us know what's happening. I feel like the development team here are way too quiet in regard to whats going on and that's sad considering the ever growing influx of players the game is getting. pls give more transparency devolpers

If we can get everything which is broken done before Friday, we're going to try to do so this week. The server exploded 3 times last week for various reasons and we had to deal with that first.

1 minute ago, Millionminds said:

Seems to me like your avoiding the question

If you looked 3 posts above yours, you would see

33 minutes ago, Kyu said:

If we can get everything which is broken done before Friday, we're going to try to do so this week.

40 minutes ago, Kyu said:

If we can get everything which is broken done before Friday, we're going to try to do so this week.

Is team preview included in this? Or is that not something that you consider to be broken? 

Edited by ImFunk
Typo. :v
7 minutes ago, ImFunk said:

Is team preview included in this? Or is that not something that you consider to be broken? 

I think it'll have to be done in  a secondary patch. When I say "broken", I mean literally gamebreaking, not figuratively.

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

If we can get everything which is broken done before Friday, we're going to try to do so this week. The server exploded 3 times last week for various reasons and we had to deal with that first.

1 hour ago, Kyu said:

I think it'll have to be done in  a secondary patch. When I say "broken", I mean literally gamebreaking, not figuratively.

wait so this means no patches with items,moves or habilities for another month?

59 minutes ago, Kyu said:

No. First patch will come with items/moves/abilities, later patch will come with team preview.

Is there any hope to have that patch this week or next one? like literally you guys became a meme here which is funny, but if you all start talking a little more to the community on what is happening would be better.

we already waitted for a month and i know shit happens, but it somehow stresses me out i was willing to see big changes on the meta and tiers thanks to the new items.

4 minutes ago, Takens said:

Is there any hope to have that patch this week or next one? like literally you guys became a meme here which is funny, but if you all start talking a little more to the community on what is happening would be better.

we already waitted for a month and i know shit happens, but it somehow stresses me out i was willing to see big changes on the meta and tiers thanks to the new items.

I already said above, we are trying to push the first patch this week, if we can get our work done before Friday. I don't know what will happen after that, sorry.

Is there any chance we could have a more transparent goal/priority list that the devs could put out and update every now and then, @Kyu ? Not only I assume it would shut down a lot of posts and messages asking the bunch of you when x feature or region is going to be implemented or if it's going to be put in, but it just serves to provide a more back and forth relationship with your players. I'll be honest and it seems like a bit of a mystery what the dev team is doing behind the scenes at times and exactly what your plans are moving forward with the game.

8 hours ago, Kyu said:

I already said above, we are trying to push the first patch this week, if we can get our work done before Friday. I don't know what will happen after that, sorry.

I'm glad you cleared that up, I obviously get that the server side shit needs to take priority and all that. I just felt the lack of communication on whats actually happening was suffice enough reasoning to make this post. Glad you shed some light on the issue though, thanks a tonne Kyu!

3 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Which Friday?

I don't know. If only Kyu was more specific on that.

12 hours ago, Kyu said:

11 hours ago, Kyu said:

I already said above, we are trying to push the first patch this week