Shiny OT possible replacement

Goku

Question

I finally got the shiny I've wanted for a long time and I feel like spending an additional 65+mil to make it perfect and it having an "Unknown OT" is undesirable. I suggest you guys implement an extra option tab for the name changer to change the ot for lets say 10 million yen. It's an excellent money sync imo. It just might work or like even have him change the ot to your name and have a '*' next to it would be better in order to show that the shiny was not caught by you. This means that some rich nab can't just go and have 30 shinies with his ot abusing the system. I know it's very low priority but I think it just might work. I just think having the default unknown ot thing could be tweeked a bit.

I know it changed when comps recieved it to the (name) + (*).

Or 

At least if we catch a shiny ditto and breed it with a Shiny let that shiny become your ot. That seems more plausible. 

Edited by Goku

16 answers to this question

This thing will most likely never happen.

OTs are so desired because they're hard to get, with your suggestion OTs wouldn't be special anymore since anyone who got enough money could make any shiny their OT.

What would be the point to hunt then?

Also anyone who RMTs/scams or buy rares could just make them their OT whereas poorer people couldn't, that's unfair.

2 minutes ago, Aerun said:

This thing will most likely never happen.

OTs are so desired because they're hard to get, with your suggestion OTs wouldn't be special anymore since anyone who got enough money could make any shiny their OT.

What would be the point to hunt then?

Also anyone who RMTs/scams or buy rares could just make them their OT whereas poorer people couldn't, that's unfair.

Finally someone with a valid argument. I suggested that your name and a * appear next to it. So that indicates that you never caught it.

I just want a substitute for 'Unknown Ot'.

Edited by Goku
10 minutes ago, Goku said:

Finally someone with a valid argument. I suggested that your name and a * appear next to it. So that indicates that you never caught it.

I just want a substitute for 'Unknown Ot'.

It would still be too easy for rich players and unfair to people who hunted for the life of them to get their desired OT.

I like that people feel like OTs are something special to get, and even with the asterisk, like you suggested, players wouldn't feel like hunting again.

Even from the devs point of view, if people could make shinies their OT they wouldn't hunt anymore, so no more donators bought, devs will basically lose money.

There are too many cons for this suggestion to be implemented.

I agree that the Unknown OT is annoying, but you gotta deal with it.

Edited by Aerun

Personally I would love to see this feature as well.

Or, we would have to sacrifice our 1 (or more?) OT shiny + Money (probably scaled with number of times this service used) to actually change the OT of desired shiny.

Why number of times service used?

Cause Shiny value is always changing, depending on market and demands.

Based on species alone would also tends to be bias.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:00 AM, Riesz said:

Personally I would love to see this feature as well.

Or, we would have to sacrifice our 1 (or more?) OT shiny + Money (probably scaled with number of times this service used) to actually change the OT of desired shiny.

Why number of times service used?

Cause Shiny value is always changing, depending on market and demands.

Based on species alone would also tends to be bias.

So like for a OT zard(stable market), exchange a graveler for rhe OT, how does this seem fair?