Black Elite 4

I've been grinding Pokemon Black through PokeMMO, and all the gyms seemed to be a little more difficult than the original game, but when I got to the Elite Four all their pokemon were level 50+. And since the game caps you at level 56 pokemon, for whatever reason, the Elite Four has been next to impossible. I even brought some of my pokemon from when I played through Fire Red to help, but to no avail.

Current Party:

Lvl 56 Dragonite 

Lvl 52 Charizard

Lvl 52 Lapras

Lvl 54 Serperior

Lvl 49 Unfezant

Lvl 50 Stoutland

Am I just using the wrong pokemon for the Elite Four? Is there something I am missing that I need to do before I fight the Elite Four?

All help is appreciated thanks.

PS: The fact that you cant switch pokemon after you faint an opponent when it says "X is about to send out a [pokemon], would you like to switch pokemon?" is really frustrating because that was such an integral part of the DS game that it makes PokeMMO annoyingly hard.

13 minutes ago, YankeeBIGB said:

Am I just using the wrong pokemon for the Elite Four? Is there something I am missing that I need to do before I fight the Elite Four?

Not treating them like another small nuisance on your path to becoming champion and start treating them like final challenge in the region would be a good start :P

You really believe you can take 4 best trainers in the region with lv49 Unfezant? :|

Nobody here has given you any useful information

1. Yes this game is much harder than the original games. AFAIK, gym leaders/e4 in the normal playthrough have better movesets, more pokemon, EV trained pokemon, max IVs, and proper natures. If you don't know what EVs and IVs are, here is a short summary

IV: Individual Value. Varies amongst all pokemon and cannot be changed. You can look at these on your pokemon summary. Each stat has a maximum of 31 IVs, equating to +1 to each stat for each IV by level 100.

EV: Effort Value. Gained from gaining experience based on the pokemon defeated. Different pokemon grant different EVs when defeated. Maximum of 510 in total and 255 in an individual stat. Every 4 EV points in a stat increases it by 1 by level 100.

Nature: All natures are different. Natures grant +10% and -10% stat growth to specified stats. For example, and Adamant natured pokemon will have 10% more Attack and 10% less special attack, good for pokemon with lots of physical attacks. Some natures are neutral stat growths.

2. Switching out automatically when a pokemon faints is a crutch put into the original game just to make it easier. Whenever you battled people that were not computers, or even in battle frontier, this option is not available. There are moves in the game such as U turn and Volt Switch that can be used to damage and switch out at the same time, very useful for prediction on fast pokemon such as Jolteon.

With that information out of the way, chances are your pokemon are not EV trained and not properly natured. That is probably your first step in improving your lineup. Another thing to think about are the moves of your pokemon. For most pokemon, your moveset should be focused on either physical or special attacks, which allows you to make the decision of which nature is best and which EVs should be dumped into. For example, your Dragonite can be used as a physical attacker and you would want moves like Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance (to boost your attack/speed), Earthquake, and Fire punch. This is a powerful set with a lot of type coverage. Similarly, your Lapras could function as a Special Attacker with Surf, Ice beam and Thunderbolt.

Once you know what role your pokemon should be, think about obtaining ones with the correct nature, then EV training them. If you just want to beat the Elite 4, EV training alone should suffice once you get a proper moveset. Nature and IVs are important but not required for beating the storyline. Any EVs you've gained already through the story can be lowered using EV reducing berries.

Edited by Blarrg
5 hours ago, Blarrg said:

Nobody here has given you any useful information

1. Yes this game is much harder than the original games. AFAIK, gym leaders/e4 in the normal playthrough have better movesets, more pokemon, EV trained pokemon, max IVs, and proper natures. If you don't know what EVs and IVs are, here is a short summary

IV: Individual Value. Varies amongst all pokemon and cannot be changed. You can look at these on your pokemon summary. Each stat has a maximum of 31 IVs, equating to +1 to each stat for each IV by level 100.

EV: Effort Value. Gained from gaining experience based on the pokemon defeated. Different pokemon grant different EVs when defeated. Maximum of 510 in total and 255 in an individual stat. Every 4 EV points in a stat increases it by 1 by level 100.

Nature: All natures are different. Natures grant +10% and -10% stat growth to specified stats. For example, and Adamant natured pokemon will have 10% more Attack and 10% less special attack, good for pokemon with lots of physical attacks. Some natures are neutral stat growths.

2. Switching out automatically when a pokemon faints is a crutch put into the original game just to make it easier. Whenever you battled people that were not computers, or even in battle frontier, this option is not available. There are moves in the game such as U turn and Volt Switch that can be used to damage and switch out at the same time, very useful for prediction on fast pokemon such as Jolteon.

With that information out of the way, chances are your pokemon are not EV trained and not properly natured. That is probably your first step in improving your lineup. Another thing to think about are the moves of your pokemon. For most pokemon, your moveset should be focused on either physical or special attacks, which allows you to make the decision of which nature is best and which EVs should be dumped into. For example, your Dragonite can be used as a physical attacker and you would want moves like Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance (to boost your attack/speed), Earthquake, and Fire punch. This is a powerful set with a lot of type coverage. Similarly, your Lapras could function as a Special Attacker with Surf, Ice beam and Thunderbolt.

Once you know what role your pokemon should be, think about obtaining ones with the correct nature, then EV training them. If you just want to beat the Elite 4, EV training alone should suffice once you get a proper moveset. Nature and IVs are important but not required for beating the storyline. Any EVs you've gained already through the story can be lowered using EV reducing berries.

I would say it's unreasonable and unnecessary to re-EV the current or obtain a new team. Kudos to the rest of the comment though

_____

Basically as said above knowing the roles of your Pokemon, the opponent and when to set up or heal is all you'll need