Rules on Trade Corner & Club

RakuenX

Question

Rules for Trade Corner : " 8. We do not allow threads asking for or discussing values. "

Well , I made a price shiny guide on my club and staff deleted it without warning then 

I felt hurt because no rule wrote on Club Rules & Guidelines against my thread 

My question is why a thread on Trade Corner named : " Value Advice " but still exist

What is different ? Even inside that post they just ask the price them nowadays , no deletion from staff then . Or was my thread name was wrong ?

If i'm wrong , I hope staff will implement that 8th rule for Club to avoid misunderstand as me

Edited by RakuenX

Value discussion means not posting your own list of values. I will copy rules from this thread :

Rules are as follows:

• Do not post the value of a species unless it is in direct response to a question or answer.
  • Do not request advice about something you do not intend to buy/sell/trade in the near future.
  • Do not attempt to artificially manipulate prices. If you are caught doing so, there will be consequences. 

See,  difference here is visible.

11 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Value discussion means not posting your own list of values. I will copy rules from this thread :

Rules are as follows:

• Do not post the value of a species unless it is in direct response to a question or answer.
  • Do not request advice about something you do not intend to buy/sell/trade in the near future.
  • Do not attempt to artificially manipulate prices. If you are caught doing so, there will be consequences. 

See,  difference here is visible.

Apart from they're rules just for that thread, not for trade corner OR Clubs lemme redirect you to trade corner rules https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/announcement/16-rules-for-trade-corner-read-before-posting/ and rules for clubs https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/announcement/28-club-rules-guidelines/ - no mention of not being able to make such posts in Clubs. 

C'mon lmao - that thread exists to stop all the single answer/question forums posts that'd exist if it didn't

Edited by Charderp

You okay there Bear? Your finger slip on the delete post button? Why'd you remove the post that was on topic and related - No actual counter point so "because we say" counts as a response ? DictatorshipMMO strikes again. Get off your high horse and accept that there was nothing against the written rules with the dudes post. Censorship like this is ridiculous 

Fucking ridiculous "rule" anyway and should be removed. There's a reason its called a Forum, so you can discuss stuff. Also, just because his Club is public it doesn't mean shit - anyone who goes there should take anything said with a grain of salt anyway. It wasn't called "Official Shiny Price guide, only one to be trusted and followed" it gave an accurate overview which no other stupid fucking post on this forum does in one simple thread without having to trail through 100's of outdated and inaccurate posts to find a price for a single Pokemon. 

13 minutes ago, Charderp said:

You okay there Bear? Your finger slip on the delete post button? Why'd you remove the post that was on topic and related - No actual counter point so "because we say" counts as a response ? DictatorshipMMO strikes again. Get off your high horse and accept that there was nothing against the written rules with the dudes post. Censorship like this is ridiculous 

Fucking ridiculous "rule" anyway and should be removed. There's a reason its called a Forum, so you can discuss stuff. Also, just because his Club is public it doesn't mean shit - anyone who goes there should take anything said with a grain of salt anyway. It wasn't called "Official Shiny Price guide, only one to be trusted and followed" it gave an accurate overview which no other stupid fucking post on this forum does in one simple thread without having to trail through 100's of outdated and inaccurate posts to find a price for a single Pokemon. 

It was deleted not because of any of your points of view, opinion or anything like this but because of ending of said post. While im fine with discussion, i will not allow insulting.

5 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

It was deleted not because of any of your points of view, opinion or anything like this but because of ending of said post. While im fine with discussion, i will not allow insulting.

I mean, shouldnt you have edited his post instead of deleting it then? Considering his post had valid points, which you basically just agreed with. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of "moderating"

Just now, Bearminator said:

PEWA2iR.png
Once again, you're not making sense mate. There was no insult in that post, you can feel free to say that since you've deleted it and no one else can see what was wrote so whatever you wanna say you can. It was a valid statement, you should've edited it and removed the "insult" (which didn't exist anyway btw) since it contained an actual on topic response and held reasoning. 

1 minute ago, Parke said:

I mean, shouldnt you have edited his post instead of deleting it then? Considering his post had valid points, which you basically just agreed with. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of "moderating"

It didnt. 

We had open value discussion before but we dont have it right now. I was simply answering why original list was removed. Op moved on, now its discussion if we SHOULD make value discussion open. I dont think so,  personally.

2 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

now its discussion if we SHOULD make value discussion open. I dont think so,  personally.

This thread literally exists for that very purpose. So to answer your question, yes value discussion should be open. If someone asks advice on their shiny someone should be entitled to help him if this thread is anything to go off.

1 minute ago, Bearminator said:

now its discussion if we SHOULD make value discussion open. I dont think so,  personally.

I feel like this is a rather useless/illogical method of moderating anyway because you are destroying somebodies hard work and trying to justify with personal opinion.

Like @RakuenX if you still have the write up you should post in on a google docs and we can spread the work in other mediums (discord etc) if the forums are going to be unwelcoming of your effort

5 minutes ago, Parke said:

This thread literally exists for that very purpose. So to answer your question, yes value discussion should be open. If someone asks advice on their shiny someone should be entitled to help him if this thread is anything to go off.

Its not really what i meant Parke. OP asked why he cant post list of his shiny values, and I just explained that we dont allow it unless being done via this thread. 

4 minutes ago, KOHHuiXIN said:

I feel like this is a rather useless/illogical method of moderating anyway because you are destroying somebodies hard work and trying to justify with personal opinion.

Not really. It was deleted due to being not suitable to our way of holding shiny value discussion. I assured him I will provide list that was made because if he wants to share it on other platforms that's fine - using forum for it is not allowed for now 

11 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Its not really what i meant Parke. OP asked why he cant post list of his shiny values, and I just explained that we dont allow it unless being done via this thread. 

Not really. It was deleted due to being not suitable to our way of holding shiny value discussion. I assured him I will provide list that was made because if he wants to share it on other platforms that's fine - using forum for it is not allowed for now 

If you can provide him that list that would be great @Bearminator

Bear was not the one who deleted rakuen thread, it was just removed by a mod without warning, or mailing rakuen about it, All his hard work was on for his posts and worked hard on it, took him a while to get all that info.

Edited by MathewMat
23 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Either way it's a ridiculous rule and needs to be changed, and if "they" don't want to allow it, a GM/SGM/CM should provide a thread just like @RakuenX did - bit sad really that some normal player contributes to something so widely used/focused upon in the game in a better way than anyone who's consider a "Game Master" or "Community Manager" ever has.

I mean if anyone on the CM/Mod/GM/SGM team is against this suggestion then you're probably not really someone who wants to help the community and are there for reasons you shouldn't be and should probably back down from your position if you're not willing to make the game/forums a better place for people
(I know this last part sounds overzealous but am I really wrong?).

16 minutes ago, MathewMat said:

Bear was not the one who deleted rakuen thread, it was just removed by a mod without warning, or mailing rakuen about it, All his hard work was on for his posts and worked hard on it, took him a while to get all that info.

This thread was also up for over a week I'm sure people knew about it even some mods, someone magically decided to delet it today, and who ever it was has something up there ass

No one accused Bear of deleting it, but I will call out who ever did because it was fucking dumb to do so without even a warning.

Edited by Charderp

I would just like to point out a few things, first being since the begining of Clubs introdution the rules have always been that Public Clubs must adhere to all forum rules. Private clubs being a different story. Secondly I don't know why I need to remind some of you, but the old shiny value thread was aweful and I seem to recall more members of the community hating the thread due to the active shiny traders manipulating the prices for what they owned or sold. This was a big reason for it's removal and after the backlash that occured the Value Discussion thread was made with rules in place to prevent it from happening again. So while somebody such as myself would find great value in a thread like this since I have no idea on prices, it's been stated many times in the past that it's something that is not allowed on our forums.

I'd like to point out that some of these rules might be outdated, GTL wasn't around during the old VD debacle.

Arguments when it comes to value discussion can now be backed up with observational data.

I would argue that it's something which would've surely detered market manipulation by experienced traders had it been implemented sooner.

Additionally, how about hiring a moderator versed in market values? We argued for it several times in the past, not sure it ever was considered.

8 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

What's stopping the OP from copying his list in the Value Discussion thread?

Let's say I ask for peoples opinion on the value of every shiny and he replies to me with his list?

"Do not request advice about something you do not intend to buy/sell/trade in the near future. "

You dont have all shinies, neither maker of list so we wouldnt allow it.

4 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

"Do not request advice about something you do not intend to buy/sell/trade in the near future. "

You dont have all shinies, neither maker of list so we wouldnt allow it.

But what if I wanna buy all shinies and I don't know their values?