[PSL X] THE TENTH EDITION - HYPE THREAD

PSL X Tier  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer DPP OU or SM OU?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/18 at 10:35 AM

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

Considering that last season both Kami and Linken have bested the remaining "good DPP or at least serviceable players", the void of skill has been filled. People are just realising now that there wasn't much to fill...

Linked didnt beat all the "good" dpp players, but considering you thought sm lc was better than dpp last season its obvious you didnt actually watch any of the duels so I see why you wouldn't know that

5 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Linked didnt beat all the "good" dpp players, but considering you thought sm lc was better than dpp last season its obvious you didnt actually watch any of the duels so I see why you wouldn't know that

I did watch the duels, but there wasn't much to see when it comes to skills in DPP.

Edited by gbwead

Seriously you should consider ramdoms tier. Would be interesting seeing duels with impredictable teams, also would be a challenge for players to do their best with teams they didnt choose. As well there dont exist scout, so probably duels would be early and not saturday/sundays like always.

And its not like its not competitive for the fact of using ramdom teams, possibly its more competitive than (for example) watching DPP duels with 99% Heatran, Jirachi, Tyranitar and Swampert...or LC With 99% Mienfo, Vullaby, Drilbur, etc.

Edited by soyhector

If we do battle factory or randoms then wed neglect team building which is a fundamental part of comp, also randoms can give some horid match ups, same is true for battle factory(just gotta wait for the ground v electric monotype) but we do go down the path of some random tier, it would have to be bo3, still less prep needed by the players each week since they won't team build so sounds like a bad idea to me

Why not consider a lower SM tier like UU or RU since we’ve already dabbled in OU and LC? Maybe even SM Ubers? 

E: I think exploring randoms and/or battle factory for a PSL tier is a step backwards. I’d elaborate but I’d just be repeating what Jo and Havsha have already said

Edited by Zymogen
3 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

Why not consider a lower SM tier like UU or RU since we’ve already dabbled in OU and LC? Maybe even SM Ubers? 

E: I think exploring randoms and/or battle factory for a PSL tier is a step backwards. I’d elaborate but I’d just be repeating what Jo and Havsha have already said

Personally I think theres a lot of room for SM OU atm, it seems pretty competitive and pretty fun tbh from my laddering, just gotta get over the toxapex and celesteela spam, SM Ubers is kinda meh imo primal groundon kinda dominates the tier atm, though id be down for some SM RU, definitely one of the more fun tiers in SM atm, but in terms of competitiveness SM OU would probably give the most room for players here to compete in. Assuming all of you dont live under a rock. But yeah, we've not really touch the surface of SM OU in previous psls

3 hours ago, xStarr said:

Psl is all about competition. dafuq is randoms.

i have a argument for you. with randoms you and your opponent have no control over your team, but their are winners and looser and people with VERY high random elo. what determines the winner is two things. rng yes but also skill. you have to take a team you have never played with and learn it and use it to the most of its potential with very little time. normal battles you can pick and choose pokemon and builds you are familiar with, but in randoms you have to be familiar with every build of every pokemon. and when you yell "but the rng" i ask you what pokemon game doesnt have rng?

4 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

the only "more rng" is what you get in your team and this rng also creates a high skill ceiling. 

every other tier provides a high skill ceiling without the the extra rng.

you can hardly be serious tho, so no clue why i even took the bait. u got me.

3 minutes ago, DrButler said:

every other tier provides a high skill ceiling without the the extra rng.

having to learn everything instead of a single team is definitely more difficult.

4 minutes ago, DrButler said:

you can hardly be serious tho, so no clue why i even took the bait. u got me.

im 80% serious 20% pissing of doc because fuck that guy