[PSL X] THE TENTH EDITION - HYPE THREAD

PSL X Tier  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer DPP OU or SM OU?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/18 at 10:35 AM

Well here we go. I dont really want to post talking about this but Im a manager and I suppose I have to do it

“Haazuu has been inactive for years and banned for ghosting in the past”

Yes, I was inactive. I literally just log in for support my team on Team Tourneys. I tried to come back so many times but by different motives I didnt be active at 100%, Since 4 months ago Im online like 8hours a day, tryharding, farming comps to play a standard tier and recover my competitive level

I got banned for 1 week long time ago, for (SHARING ACC) and Im going to explain that

In that moment I was playing in a trash laptop with 01-03fps and 4000ms, Tournaments were in Silph Co or Lilycove’s Contest Hall, everyone with a bad internet knows how difficult its move with so many people. So I literally cant move or go to my boxes to change team. I was in semifinals so a friend told me to join in my acc and play. So we share our accs and we were both banned. Am I Excusing me? NO, I know it was bad and I paid for that, Im just explain the reason to avoid creating misunderstandings or rumors.

Why they choose me over a good competitive player? Now a fool will come saying "He had good relationships with the hosts". Not really, i dont know Mkns, and I have never talked with BlueBreath. Lkrenz is my friend but I swear I didnt talk with him to get manager or something about that.

This is simple, managers don’t need to be a god in every single tier. These kind of people are better as a player than a manager.

I have the experience and I know how to do the manager work. Its not easy but I will try my best.

1 hour ago, Haazuu said:

Well here we go. I dont really want to post talking about this but Im a manager and I suppose I have to do it

“Haazuu has been inactive for years and banned for ghosting in the past”

Yes, I was inactive. I literally just log in for support my team on Team Tourneys. I tried to come back so many times but by different motives I didnt be active at 100%, Since 4 months ago Im online like 8hours a day, tryharding, farming comps to play a standard tier and recover my competitive level

I got banned for 1 week long time ago, for (SHARING ACC) and Im going to explain that

In that moment I was playing in a trash laptop with 01-03fps and 4000ms, Tournaments were in Silph Co or Lilycove’s Contest Hall, everyone with a bad internet knows how difficult its move with so many people. So I literally cant move or go to my boxes to change team. I was in semifinals so a friend told me to join in my acc and play. So we share our accs and we were both banned. Am I Excusing me? NO, I know it was bad and I paid for that, Im just explain the reason to avoid creating misunderstandings or rumors.

Why they choose me over a good competitive player? Now a fool will come saying "He had good relationships with the hosts". Not really, i dont know Mkns, and I have never talked with BlueBreath. Lkrenz is my friend but I swear I didnt talk with him to get manager or something about that.

This is simple, managers don’t need to be a god in every single tier. These kind of people are better as a player than a manager.

I have the experience and I know how to do the manager work. Its not easy but I will try my best.

The only thing a manager has to do is submit a lineup every week. More can be done ofc, like helping with training or teambuilding, but when it comes to the manager minimum work, anyone can do it, but it doesn't mean everyone deserves to do it. I just looked at your forum profile and you haven't been active from August 10th, 2017 to late July, 2018. Being forum active is not important, but it does show that you didn't even take part in the latest PSL seasons unlike the other very active potential managers. 

Hosts always make one very idiotic pick every season. You're just lucky that the more idiotic than usual pick was you.

Edited by gbwead
11 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The only thing a manager has to do is submit a lineup every week. More can be done ofc, like helping with training or teambuilding, but when it comes to the manager minimum work, anyone can do it, but it doesn't mean everyone deserves to do it. I just looked at your forum profile and you haven't been active from August 10th, 2017 to late July, 2018. Being forum active is not important, but it does show that you didn't even take part in the latest PSL seasons unlike the other very active potential managers. 

Hosts always make one very idiotic pick every season. You're just lucky that the more idiotic than usual pick was you.

I mean, I remember him playing vs me in a tour around February, so he was playing, just wasn't on forums

At the end of the day, the managers who were picked are not going to be altered in response to this outcry. 

Ultimately I think the biggest issue here is the lack of transparency which JJ, despite his pitfalls, did quite well. There would always be a wall of text (bullshit or not) explaining the thought processes behind his decisions in the administrative thread. Regardless of whether the reasons were perceivably justified, it at least opened him up for criticism. 

If you want people to respect the decisions that you make, then you at least need to have the decency to explain the logic behind them when questioned - especially when questioned to the extent exhibited here regarding Haazuu. This whole “we did it because we said so” approach is frankly bullshit, and is just as disrespectful (?) as the people flaming the decision itself; and gives the least opportunity for anyone - let alone those complaining - to understand and come to terms with what is happening and why. 

If you are hosting an event of this scale - one which requires hours of preparation and a high level of dedication on a weekly basis - you inherently adopt the responsibility to be transparent to those partaking. 

Edited by Zymogen

I understand you can get a bit salty about the pick but the choice isn't that big of a pooped pick (except for the ghosting and coaching part but it was a while ago already), for sure he deserves the spot less than some others but seeing how some of the "truely deserving signups" reacted like dogs, seriously chill you're making fun of yourselves guys.

Never spoke to Hazu in my whole life btw but the more ppl complain about it the more I feel like it'll be interesting to have him as a manager. Plus I didn't recheck but I think he's the only spanish speaking manager selected ? 

Edit : I agree with you Zymo about the reasonning but really you can't really complain about the picks that much. Even if some picks could have been better it's not like we don't have a good 8 already.

Edited by Kamimiii
24 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

I understand you can get a bit salty about the pick but the choice isn't that big of a pooped pick (except for the ghosting and coaching part but it was a while ago already), for sure he deserves the spot less than some others but seeing how some of the "truely deserving signups" reacted like dogs, seriously chill you're making fun of yourselves guys.

Never spoke to Hazu in my whole life btw but the more ppl complain about it the more I feel like it'll be interesting to have him as a manager. Plus I didn't recheck but I think he's the only spanish speaking manager selected ? 

Edit : I agree with you Zymo about the reasonning but really you can't really complain about the picks that much. Even if some picks could have been better it's not like we don't have a good 8 already.

I’m not complaining about the picks because I personally don’t care, I’m simply highlighting the fact that withholding information that should be publicly available, especially when dozens of people are asking for it, will not fly

11 hours ago, DaftCoolio said:

Seems absurd that you wont share your reasoning behind the selected managers, especially when Haazuu's selection has confused a decent majority of us. Can't really see a downside of telling us why you made the 8 picks.

the downside is, once you know why they made the decision they have to defend their reasoning which may be "we forgot he cheated" or "he payed us a lot of moniez" or "i owed him a favor" or whatever. maybe even something simple like "wait haazuu and havsha arent the same person?" or "i was mistaken about something about someone and found out after the vote and dont want to revote"

sunlight is the best disinfectant.

7 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

the downside is, once you know why they made the decision they have to defend their reasoning which may be "we forgot he cheated" or "he payed us a lot of moniez" or "i owed him a favor" or whatever. maybe even something simple like "wait haazuu and havsha arent the same person?" or "i was mistaken about something about someone and found out after the vote and dont want to revote"

sunlight is the best disinfectant.

how do bees even like you fred

Tbh, the way Haazuu was/is being treated simply for being picked is pretty lame. If you want to direct the spite at anyone, obviously you go to the hosts as Haazuu had no input and simply just wanted to manage, there's nothing wrong with that yet he was treated like shit. I don't really understand why so many don't want him as their manager as well, makes no sense whatsoever.

For one, a large majority of you weren't even around when the whole account ban thing happened so you probably don't know the full story and at the end of the day, he's an elite player, back in his day he was considered one of the top players in the game. Whilst I haven't spoken to him(I don't think) he seems decent based on his posts and for god sakes, he was/is one of the Aw leaders... This stuff matters because when hosts decide who they want managing it's obvious to go for big names that create hype.

I understand that perhaps the hosts should have gave the reasonings, but again, it's not a reason to redirect it at Haazuu.

Edited by KaynineXL
2 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Tbh, the way Haazuu was/is being treated simply for being picked is pretty lame. If you want to direct the spite at anyone, obviously you go to the hosts as Haazuu had no input and simply just wanted to manage, there's nothing wrong with that yet he was treated like shit. I don't really understand why so many don't want him as their manager as well, makes no sense whatsoever.

you are partially right. you are right that people are not mad because of haazuu in particular but what him being picked represents. however he WAS one of the people involved in the coaching scandal by his own choices. if he just said "no i will not be involved in this in any way shape or form it is wrong" then today no one would question him being chosen. end of the day haazuu does bear responsibility for his actions. 

10 minutes ago, fredrichnietze said:

you are partially right. you are right that people are not mad because of haazuu in particular but what him being picked represents. however he WAS one of the people involved in the coaching scandal by his own choices. if he just said "no i will not be involved in this in any way shape or form it is wrong" then today no one would question him being chosen. end of the day haazuu does bear responsibility for his actions. 

Iirc, it was like 3-4 years ago and PSL is different to officials. PSL is an event the community runs and it's a team event which has been very successful(despite the shit that's gone on, it's still active as fuck, just look at the other dead unofficial tourneys), coaching should be respected much more here. If we're going to say everyone that has coached or been coached in an official, then fuck... looks like 90% of the player base shouldn't manage, because I can guarantee most of the players in the comp community has been there done that.

The "if he just said "no i will not be involved in this in any way shape or form it is wrong"" is complete bullshit lol, for something he did years ago, something not even connected to PSL, he should hold his hands up and say, fuck it, I can't manage because I'm an honourable guy and I coached once like 3 years ago in a completely different event. That doesn't make you honourable, it makes you a dumb ass.

Edited by KaynineXL
2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Haazuu didn't do anything here. We are complaining about the hosts decision. I haven't seen anyone really trashtalk Haazuu. How could we anyways since no one knows him?

Saying he was only picked because of his relationships with host, and he was an idiotic pick(there's more) along with a large portion of players adding him to the least preferred manager simply because they disagree with the decision(and let's be honest, this is the actual reason) is quite disrespectful I think.

It might just seem like a small harmless comment to you, but if a bunch of people are doing it, it can mount up and not feel so small anymore.

3 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Saying he was only picked because of his relationships with host, and he was an idiotic pick(there's more) along with a large portion of players adding him to the least preferred manager simply because they disagree with the decision(and let's be honest, this is the actual reason) is quite disrespectful I think.

It might just seem like a small harmless comment to you, but if a bunch of people are doing it, it can mount up and not feel so small anymore.

How do you expect us to complain without potentially hurting his feelings? I didn't say he was an idiot, but that the hosts were when they decided to pick him. Haazuu signed up for manager, he is the lucky af to have been selected, don't make him look like a victim here.

3 hours ago, Zymogen said:

I’m not complaining about the picks because I personally don’t care, I’m simply highlighting the fact that withholding information that should be publicly available, especially when dozens of people are asking for it, will not fly

ikr bb <3 I was talking about the guys that didn't get picked as a manager and who kept whining for like 7 messages on this thread saying "fuck this bullshit PSL is dead for good can't wait to see how bad it'll be" (hi lazaaro)

Edited by Kamimiii
3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

How do you expect us to complain without potentially hurting his feelings? I didn't say he was an idiot, but that the hosts were when they decided to pick him. Haazuu signed up for manager, he is the lucky af to have been selected, don't make him look like a victim here.

Well, you could say why you thought the other player deserved it rather than "hurting someones feelings". It's not that hard to show why someone deserved it while being respectful. And there's no excuse for the least favoured manager spam.

I just got a vibe that he was being disrespected. He was playing PSL before most people here, people do know him, it's really not that far fetched that he could get a managers spot. Please don't take this the wrong way, I do think enchanteur deserved a spot, that was a mistake I think, but noticed how I complained enchant should be in without degrading any of the current managers?

If you disagree, then maybe I'm just too soft and we'll have to agree to disagree. Thanks for the talk as always, going to bed o/

2 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Well, you could say why you thought the other player deserved it rather than "hurting someones feelings". It's not that hard to show why someone deserved it while being respectful. And there's no excuse for the least favoured manager spam.

I just got a vibe that he was being disrespected. He was playing PSL before most people here, people do know him, it's really not that far fetched that he could get a managers spot. Please don't take this the wrong way, I do think enchanteur deserved a spot, that was a mistake I think, but noticed how I complained enchant should be in without degrading any of the current managers?

If you disagree, then maybe I'm just too soft and we'll have to agree to disagree. Thanks for the talk as always, going to bed o/

That's not how it works. Someone might be deserving to be manager if Haazuu is the only other option, but undeserving if the other option is Maekaaay for instance. It's a comparison. No one is deserving just because they are. They are deserving or undeserving compared to the other candidates.