[PSL X] THE TENTH EDITION - HYPE THREAD

PSL X Tier  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer DPP OU or SM OU?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/18 at 10:35 AM

Just now, SweeTforU said:

People are voting for SMou without thinking ahead, how many SMou players you think there are here lol? It's somewhere around 10, but keep in mind that at least half of them will prefer to play mmo tiers and there are maximum 2 players who really know the meta there. SMou will be a shitshow if it gets chosen.

Except for the fact that SMOU is fairly easy to learn with a vast variety of sources for players  to go to and learn (Yes DPP has that too, but  SMOU  has more updated, and more frequently posted threads and videos) I love DPP, but SMOU has more diversity in the meta, which imo is more hype. I'm not saying DPP is bad, I mean it is my favourite gen, but I do think we should give SMOU a shot. SMOU has a lot of potential, to say its  a shitshow is doing it the same service gbwead was doing to DPP 

I dont want to have to watch another bp chain or scarf jirachi in psl

4 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

People are voting for SMou without thinking ahead, how many SMou players you think there are here lol? It's somewhere around 10, but keep in mind that at least half of them will prefer to play mmo tiers and there are maximum 2 players who really know the meta there. SMou will be a shitshow if it gets chosen.

yo mama uguu. fuck outa here

2 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

As much as I want DPP, you can't just devalue what people want to play, this poll was made of a reason, so let's just let people decide what they want to play.

If DPP wins then hype, if not we'll just have to adapt to SM OU

A vote for SMOU is a vote against DPP, so vote for SMOU if you have any common sense.

edit:

22 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

You're completly right, we should just replace the one showdown tier by a pokemmo tier since that's what players want.

Edited by gbwead
8 hours ago, Kamimiii said:

Pretty sure I spent more time on Teambuilding, analyzing my opponents and training before every game than every other DPP player combined last season. Not gonna argue about the other thing you said since you're biaised af and can't bare me at all since I bet against you vs Nik on PSL9's quarterfinals'  tiebreaker or something like that. It's fine say whatever you want, for me you're just butthurt.

I take it back. I had a preconceived notion you were bad last season bcuz u lost to Linken, didn't understand tier, and were big trashtalker. But looking back at replays, A. you got haxed by linken, B. you had 4-2 record otherwise, so i can't really shit talk that at all. Honestly, I don't know anything about the Nik bet I just thought you were a bad player lol. But now I see otherwise, you were pretty damn good at DPP and the plays u made were solid.  I swallow my pride here, and if DPP is tier again I hope u play.

1 hour ago, Havsha said:

Except for the fact that SMOU is fairly easy to learn with a vast variety of sources for players  to go to and learn (Yes DPP has that too, but  SMOU  has more updated, and more frequently posted threads and videos) I love DPP, but SMOU has more diversity in the meta, which imo is more hype. I'm not saying DPP is bad, I mean it is my favourite gen, but I do think we should give SMOU a shot. SMOU has a lot of potential, to say its  a shitshow is doing it the same service gbwead was doing to DPP 

What do you base yourself on to say SM has more diversity in the meta ? I'm pretty curious because I find DPP's meta wayyy more interesting than SMOU's, where you either see cancerous stall teams or HO teams with 6 setup mons, not because there are more mons means there is more diversity. IMO the main part why DPP > SMOU here is because we have a solid DPP playerbase compared to the sad 2 players that are able to play SMOU at a decent level (but will still be trash to watch because the meta is garbage). As I said before I have almost no interest watching a SMOU game as it relies mainly on 1 or 2 coinflips to win the game, and the outcome of the game being decided on either matchups or on who crited or not/who overbrained too hard or didn't.

I promise you the dirtiest Alomomola stalls you ever seen if I get to play SMOU this season.

42 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

I take it back. I had a preconceived notion you were bad last season bcuz u lost to Linken, didn't understand tier, and were big trashtalker. But looking back at replays, A. you got haxed by linken, B. you had 4-2 record otherwise, so i can't really shit talk that at all. Honestly, I don't know anything about the Nik bet I just thought you were a bad player lol. But now I see otherwise, you were pretty damn good at DPP and the plays u made were solid.  I swallow my pride here, and if DPP is tier again I hope u play.

The trashtalk was just to get some hype, I usually don't mean it, except when the guy missplays 10 times a game consistently (no need to mention names hehe), but then that's just pointing facts not trashtalking. A. Kinda yeah. B. My record was 5-1 last season when you cut the losses vs Linken(my only other loss being due to a DC vs Oltan who turned timer on), and 3-0 last season iirc. I didn't really know what I had done to deserve that thinking of yours, just assumed it was due to the bet. I doubt there'll be DPP this season but I appreciate it anyway.

Edited by Kamimiii
5 minutes ago, Havsha said:

Hide contents

I dont want to have to watch another bp chain or scarf jirachi in psl

BP chain teams have been banned from DPP.

Just now, Kamimiii said:

What do you base yourself on to say SM has more diversity in the meta ? I'm pretty curious because I find DPP's meta wayyy more interesting than SMOU's, where you either see cancerous stall teams or HO teams with 6 setup mons, not because there are more mons means there is more diversity. 

This is based on both my experience in dpp and sm, the way dpp meta seems to be, as im sure you can agree, is that even without team preview you can pretty much guess what mons they have in the back, the cores used are often pretty repetitive (not necessary a quality unique to dpp)  and almost predictable,. In terms of usage, you can compare them here https://www.smogon.com/stats/2018-07/gen4ou-0.txt  vs https://www.smogon.com/stats/2018-07/gen7ou-0.txt where on average everything is used about 10% more often than in SMOU (Granted there are good reasons for this, such as the amount of viable mons available, but all this does lead to the point of smou having more diversity)

5 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

MO the main part why DPP > SMOU here is because we have a solid DPP playerbase compared to the sad 2 players that are able to play SMOU at a decent level (but will still be trash to watch because the meta is garbage).

I dont deny we have more solid DPP players than SMOU, however the learning curve of SMOU isnt too high that the higher quality showdown players(and mmo players) can learn to play SMOU at a high level, especially considering the large stockpile of resources available to players to learn the tier, I mean I knew nothing about SMOU, but I put in the effort and I can comfortably say I can play it at a fairly high level.

7 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

cancerous stall teams or HO teams with 6 setup mons

Can't deny this stall teams are too common in smou for my liking, and stick webs ho is pretty common too

9 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

As I said before I have almost no interest watching a SMOU game as it relies mainly on 1 or 2 coinflips to win the game,

I assume youre referring to Z moves, good players will scout for these

9 minutes ago, Kamimiii said:

outcome of the game being decided on who crited

I mean DPP crit damage is far more game changing than sm

2 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

BP chain teams have been banned from DPP.

Neat, good to know, definitely a good thing

To be fair, in the last 6 months stall has really fallen off in SM. No dugtrio made it much worse, but even meta trends are hurting it. Clefable and heatran are the most common stealth rockers. Utility tran guarantees stealth rocks and at minimum 1 kill against stall, and Clefable gets free rocks on Sabeleye. Mega Mawile is the most common wallbreaker used in the tier, and it is extremely hard to outplay with stall. Zygarde beats non-tangrowth stall builds, Mega-medicham and Mega-Zam can break stall, etc etc. SMOU is dominated by balance right now and hyper offense right now. Stall still can work, but it requires a lot more thinking and matchup luck than before.

edit: didnt even mention Kartana is everywhere, magnezone is everywhere, banded ttar is everywhere, Lele, so much shit rn just breaks stall

Edited by Kimikozen

I feel like everyone that plays DPP will play SM OU and vice versa depending on what gets picked, so you have to ask yourself, who are the ones that will actually play the showdown tiers because from what I see, most of the usual suspect showdown players are leaning towards DPP. I'm just using the obvious showdown players for examples, there could be plenty who plan on playing showdown I don't know about so I might be wrong.

Although, I guess the spectators input is always valid.

It's pretty damn awesome to see such a close poll as well:

534214b779ba4a3dd0aac82bc51d8f5b.png