[PSL X] THE TENTH EDITION - HYPE THREAD

PSL X Tier  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer DPP OU or SM OU?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/18 at 10:35 AM

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I personally would love to see GB attempt to play even one single competitive smogon event in any tier from any gen and get fucking destroyed. You're a slightly above average mmo player who really hasn't done much here despite devoting your life and 23 hours a day to this garbage metagame, which gives you literally 0 credibility in any actual serious competitive pokemon circle. 

But since you're pulling the strings of psl while too much of a weenie to actually be host, I'm sure we'll end up with another mmo tier instead of showdowm

remind me who won that dpp battle we did jajaja

7 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

I hope you realize in every generation above 3, you need to use these "shit rng based moves" to win the game. You just simply can't get 1hkos/2hkos on power creep mons without using fire blast > flamethrower, hydro pump > surf, focus blast as coverage on heatran/ttar etc. Trust me this will slowly happen to MMO too as people are realizing you can't always use semistall in every game and stay relevant. This is already happening in MMO OU, focus blast on gengar needs to be used to hit ttar, stone edge is used over rock slide in almost all scenarios, togekiss is damn near one of the best mons in the tier, blah blah etc. 

And that is playing into your premise. I don't get how DPP makes you use more "uncompetitive moves" than MMO, or any other showdown tier. I'll give you Jirachi, that shit is fucking aids. But other than that, DPP has just as much luck as any other generation of pokemon from 4-7. IMO the most uncompetitive thing about DPP isn't even the hax, it's the team preview. Although, knowledgeable DPP players know how to play around team preview and know how teams are built nowadays.

Any smogon tier after gen 5 is considerably more competitive imo with more playstyle diversity and rng is less of deciding factor.

Edited by gbwead
3 minutes ago, gbwead said:

It's okay we can agree to disagree... even though I am right and you're wrong xD

B-but Gb, you can't create a mini PSL with only showdown tiers, then a week later state that showdown tiers are shit and inept. I mean, you have all the rights to dislike showdown tiers, but as you can see the community is divided in this. You want PokeMMO tiers, well we have 7 MMO tiers for the first time in PSL, one showdown tier for the sake of diversity wouldn't hurt.

bGUERia.jpg

3 minutes ago, Lazaaro said:

B-but Gb, you can't create a mini PSL with only showdown tiers, then a week later state that showdown tiers are shit and inept. I mean, you have all the rights to dislike showdown tiers, but as you can see the community is divided in this. You want PokeMMO tiers, well we have 7 MMO tiers for the first time in PSL, one showdown tier for the sake of diversity wouldn't hurt.

bGUERia.jpg

People voted for DPP, so they got what they wanted. I'm just the guy that announced what people decided. When I say showdown tiers are shit, what I am actually saying is that DPP is shit and that showdown players here in general are shit.

Just now, gbwead said:

People voted for DPP, so they got what they wanted. I'm just the guy that announced what people decided. 

We should keep it that way and let " le peuple " decide for themselves what they want to play, how about we let players determine the tiers they want to play when they register, then we conclude what tier is suited the best for this Psl, fair enough?

2 minutes ago, Lazaaro said:

We should keep it that way and let " le peuple " decide for themselves what they want to play, how about we let players determine the tiers they want to play when they register, then we conclude what tier is suited the best for this Psl, fair enough?

Sure, but only active MMO players get to vote then, fair?

1 hour ago, gbwead said:

When I say showdown tiers are shit, what I am actually saying is that DPP is shit and that showdown players here in general are shit.

In a tier that's still active, the leaderboard has shown multiple players from PokeMMO break top 10, now I'm not saying we can call them some gods but to be fair, that in instead should stop them from being labelled "shit". Perhaps you are right, maybe DPP is shit and that's why players from here can break top 10, but it's a tier that's been around a while(more time to develop) with a larger player base than here, so I kinda doubt it. I don't really believe in lesser experienced players calling others shit anyway.

I'm not trying to defend that I'm not shit btw, I am lol, but you can't deny people like sweet, xploz, gunt, nik, kimi, coolio and there's probs a bunch more are shit.

Edited by KaynineXL
4 hours ago, KaynineXL said:

so we pick it now because of what some dead person said in the early seasons? it couldn't possibly be because we've used it multiple times and the PokeMMO player base grew on it and actually like playing it?

tl;dr sure you ain't gone senile from your age?

I don't even know what you're arguing for at this point. I just gave a historical breakdown of why we had DPP in the first place, gave my opinion on why it really isn't that relevant anymore, and suggested we play another tier. 

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I don't even know what you're arguing for at this point. I just gave a historical breakdown of why we had DPP in the first place, gave my opinion on why it really isn't that relevant anymore, and suggested we play another tier. 

That might have been the reason think posted on the thread to smooth it over with the MMO crowd. But anyone who was actually in the upper circle around that time, knew the real reason dpp was selected was because its historically regarded as the most competitive tier (this was before smou existed, though)  

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

That might have been the reason think posted on the thread to smooth it over with the MMO crowd. But anyone who was actually in the upper circle around that time, knew the real reason dpp was selected was because its historically regarded as the most competitive tier (this was before smou existed, though)  

Shhhh Gunt, I'm trying to move on over here. 

26 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Lol, you don't know why I'm arguing at this point? You literally said it yourself, you gave reasons why it's not relevant and suggested we play another tier and I then argued the case.

Isn't that how arguments work or am I not allowed to disagree with you?

12 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

Lol, you don't know why I'm arguing at this point? You literally said it yourself, you gave reasons why it's not relevant and suggested we play another tier and I then argued the case.

Isn't that how arguments work or am I not allowed to disagree with you?

Go read your last two replies to what I wrote. You haven't taken a side at all. You just disagreed with something I wrote, which I tried to prove had truth behind it. 

6 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Go read your last two replies to what I wrote. You haven't taken a side at all. You just disagreed with something I wrote, which I tried to prove had truth behind it. 

If I'm disagreeing with you, then I'm thinking the opposite. So if you're disagreeing with DPP being a tier, isn't it pretty clear I want DPP to stay?

17 minutes ago, KaynineXL said:

If I'm disagreeing with you, then I'm thinking the opposite. So if you're disagreeing with DPP being a tier, isn't it pretty clear I want DPP to stay?

You just caught me off guard with how passionate you are about keeping DPP. Especially after you wrote "I'm not die hard trying to save DPP". DPP is a good tier. It's debatable whether we have a solid playerbase though and I suggest we move on because it was pretty stale last season. 

NikhilR probably won't play PSL again. 

XPLOZ is dead and doesn't care. 

Btooom really wasn't ever that good.

Frexaz hates PSL.

Gunt has been getting railed by nabbs recently. 

SweeTforU isn't that dominant. 

Linken won last season alternating between two teams, most of which relied on Jirachi hax. 

Kami was the only shining star IMO, who had several different teams that worked out ok. 

Oltan got slayed by Cheels, who had never played before in her life (respeckk).

It just isn't a deep tier today, and like you said yourself, I wouldn't mind seeing a future Showdown tier. 

9 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

You just caught me off guard with how passionate you are about keeping DPP. Especially after you wrote "I'm not die hard trying to save DPP". DPP is a good tier. It's debatable whether we have a solid playerbase though and I suggest we move on because it was pretty stale last season. 

Frexaz hates PSL.

Linken won last season alternating between two teams, most of which relied on Jirachi hax. 

Kami was the only shining star IMO, who had several different teams that worked out ok. 

It just isn't a deep tier today, and like you said yourself, I wouldn't mind seeing a future Showdown tier. 

Well we've found some common ground. As much as I would like to see DPP, it's not the end of the world as I think other showdown tiers have potential to be good, so I don't mind so much provided we have one showdown tier. I just don't think we should write DPP off, that's the part I disagree with.

Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from now, rather than me arguing for "no reason".

1 hour ago, DoctorPBC said:

Omg, the players who actively play this game and look forward to PSL dont want DPP as a tier.... just stop

*gets 1 like*

@DoubleJinteresting, I've seen nothing but linken praise in this thread and yet one player absolutely thrashed him last season. Cant remember who though, hmmmmmm

Edited by Gunthug
1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Frexaz hates PSL.

may i remind u i went 6-0 on my first season playing dpp and i think 5-2 the next one? also, btooom is one of the 3 people to ever reach 1700 on the dpp ladder and its fucking unreachable so say what u want my friend but ur opinion is pretty much dogshit

13 minutes ago, SweeTforU said:

may i remind u i went 6-0 on my first season playing dpp and i think 5-2 the next one? also, btooom is one of the 3 people to ever reach 1700 on the dpp ladder and its fucking unreachable so say what u want my friend but ur opinion is pretty much dogshit

Oof