[PSL X] THE TENTH EDITION - HYPE THREAD

PSL X Tier  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer DPP OU or SM OU?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/18 at 10:35 AM

I didn't play DPP last season, but from what I saw the level of skill dropped. It looked pretty shit at times and idk how many of the solid veterans are coming back for season 10. I'm biggest fan of DPP as a tier when I am playing it, but the viewing experience last season was really bad. Someone go find Btoom, XPLOZ, raptori, foggi to come play so we can get DPP back to how dope it was season 8.

13 minutes ago, gbwead said:

PSL Season 10, perhaps it's finally time to stop pampering the dead players by keeping showdown tiers just so they can embarass themselves. They probably don't even have any money left to donate anyways.

I logged in to post this but that state of mmo thread distracted me

this is mmo not showdown

On behalf of almost all the showdown players, our sincere apologies for having a life and not being able to grind 24x7 in a game that doesn't have legendaries, visual cues for almost anything but does at least have a broken timer.

If I were to play PSL, I honestly wouldn't mind playing an MMO tier but learning an incomplete metagame, having to borrow pokemon, breeding new pokemon almost exclusively for this tour requires so much more effort on everyone's part because it's going to be a new learning process, so it's definitely a all-hands-on-deck situation. I get that this is a team tour, but as someone who is used to requiring minimal supervision, I personally feel that I would be asking too much from my teammates and thereby I would possibly be an anchor. If you're a good player, you can play either showdown or mmo as long as you're knowledgeable with regards to what you're up against. Showdown sets and mmo sets vary a lot, and I don't think any of the showdown players want to take on that additional burden. 

Just now, gbwead said:

VGC 2018, USUM OU and some scums voted for DPP OU, so we're stuck with that crap there unfortunetly.

Why did you only use showdown tiers? Surely for the inaugural season of the French PSL, you'd use MMO tiers exclusively instead of pandering to the dead players right?

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Why did you only use showdown tiers? Surely for the inaugural season of the French PSL, you'd use MMO tiers exclusively instead of pandering to the dead players right?

Well the point of the event was to pander to the dead french players, so the objective wasn't the same.

2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Well the point of the event was to pander to the dead french players, so the objective wasn't the same.

I think you mean the point of the event was to be easily accessible and highly competitive, because at the end of the day, the success of an event is not determined by how many MMO tiers it uses

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I think you mean the point of the event was to be easily accessible and highly competitive, because at the end of the day, the success of an event is not determined by how many MMO tiers it uses

No, the french showdown PSL was created for a specific community of players which is no way comparable to the one here. It's pretty obvious after the recent seasons that the showdown tiers are incredibly weak competitively and I 100% blame the dead showdown players for that. 

Just now, gbwead said:

No, the french showdown PSL was created for a specific community of players which is no way comparable to the one here. It's pretty obvious after the recent seasons that the showdown tiers are incredibly weak competitively and I 100% blame the dead showdown players for that. 

I don't get where the imaginary consensus that showdown tiers sucked last season is coming from. I looked for a good DPP match every week to do commentary on and every single week I had options. Meanwhile, MMO tiers suffered from slow, boring, predictable gameplay and a lack of replays to allow the entire league to actually experience the matches (possibly accounting for less people realizing how bad they were). I 100% blame bad mmo players for that. Is PSL not also created for a specific community of players? 

s PSL not also created for a specific community of players? 

Ya and I hope we can get rid of the dead showdown players of the community that bring the competitive scene down. Sorry that DPP sucks, but that's just the way it is.

Just now, gbwead said:

Ya and I hope we can get rid of the dead showdown players of the community that bring the competitive scene down. Sorry that DPP sucks, but that's just the way it is.

can't argue with this stone cold logic, you've really bested me in this battle of wits with your hard evidence

DPP is the best showdown tier out there lol (apart from SM LC ofc). I only play it from time to time, but it's unbelievable how many different styles of play are perfectly viable in it, much better than the crap that is BW OU

I randomly log on this forum for the first time since last PSL ended and I see a post where Gb talks about me.

@gbwead don't tag me ever again you stole Chansey little b*tch.

4 hours ago, Kimikozen said:

I didn't play DPP last season, but from what I saw the level of skill dropped. It looked pretty shit at times and idk how many of the solid veterans are coming back for season 10. I'm biggest fan of DPP as a tier when I am playing it, but the viewing experience last season was really bad. Someone go find Btoom, XPLOZ, raptori, foggi to come play so we can get DPP back to how dope it was season 8.

Lol as the people you mentionned were good, 200% of MMO's community is shit in DPP wake up.

Someone search Btoom's winrate in the last PSL he played for me please.

Edited by Kamimiii

gb will continue to hide in doubles where his only tough competition will be doc coaching via skype. Meanwhile, as his role as shadow-host of pslX, his plan is to eradicate showdown tiers and prevent "dead" players from coming back and shitting on his team week in and week out

Come on you're dead accept it.

LF Fortnite 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1 tier in tilted towers.

Edited by Kamimiii
7 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

gb will continue to hide in doubles where his only tough competition will be doc coaching via skype. Meanwhile, as his role as shadow-host of pslX, his plan is to eradicate showdown tiers and prevent "dead" players from coming back and shitting on his team week in and week out

Me, playing Doubles, please, it's not even a tier. If I was involved with hosting PSL in any way, why would DPP be included right now and why would coaching not be allowed?