[PSL X] THE TENTH EDITION - HYPE THREAD

PSL X Tier  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer DPP OU or SM OU?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/18 at 10:35 AM

My two cent,

I feel like what we are trying to avoid with trades are uncompetitiveness and unfairness.

I think one of the main roles of the manager is to build his team.

Therefore, if a manager is careful to build his team around serious and dedicated players while another is content to take players accustomed to doing good results, we must admit that they are responsible for their choices and that they must assume the consequences if one of their players lacks seriousness.

In this case, the competitiveness is respected.

On the other hand, I find it very unfair for a player to be forced to join another team.

Providing efforts and supporting the same flag every week, befriending teammates and being forced to give up all this should not be allowed.

Therefore, for a trade to be allowed, each person involved should agree.

In this case, the fairness is respected.

8 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

My two cent,

I feel like what we are trying to avoid with trades are uncompetitiveness and unfairness.

I think one of the main roles of the manager is to build his team.

Therefore, if a manager is careful to build his team around serious and dedicated players while another is content to take players accustomed to doing good results, we must admit that they are responsible for their choices and that they must assume the consequences if one of their players lacks seriousness.

In this case, the competitiveness is respected.

On the other hand, I find it very unfair for a player to be forced to join another team.

Providing efforts and supporting the same flag every week, befriending teammates and being forced to give up all this should not be allowed.

Therefore, for a trade to be allowed, each person involved should agree.

In this case, the fairness is respected.

I think you bring up a valid issue, I've always thought the worst part of trades was that someone usually had to go from a playoff team to a non-playoff team. I've been traded twice from the last place team to a contender, and as a result players were sent the other way who basically had their playoffs taken away from them. 

The way I see it, there are parallels to this in real sports. For example in baseball, better players will have a no-trade clause or restricted trade clause built into their contract. This allows them to veto potential trades, or in some cases only list a specific set of teams they will allow a trade to. A way to translate that here would be to give all players who were purchased above a certain credit mark (say, 15,000, so only the top 20% of players or so) a single trade veto to be used during the season if necessary. Would be kind of a cool status symbol, and also give you some job security if you're a workhorse for your team. Feel free to tell me this is a terrible idea and I'm just baked

3 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

the nik situation didn't really have anything to do with trades and was more of a mid season issue

I know, but since the Schuchty's trade was brought up and it was the only trade of that season, I thought it was necessary to make sure people remember that it was a pretty shitty trade overall. 

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I know, but since the Schuchty's trade was brought up and it was the only trade of that season, I thought it was necessary to make sure people remember that it was a pretty shitty trade overall. 

what did i trade in the end? kevola and my mid season pick for schuchty?

trades are needed, just do some about it, like give a time in the first 2 weeks of the psl to make trades and only 2 trades, so the managers can see if they need a new player for "x" tier, and like someone said in this thread before, give the power to the host to accept or reject the trades, the managers need to say why they want the trade with good arguments, and if 2 of the 3 hosts accept this, the trasfer can be made

i dont know if it is a good thing, im just looking for options, anything is better than eliminating transfers

i just said an option, dont need to be only 2 trades or 2 weeks

16 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Something like that ya.

i mean the mid season pick was useless considering Nik wasnt going to sign up and kevola i dont think had won a game so trading essentially him for schuchty wasnt too bad

Oh forgot to mention, we had a little over 4m leftover after PSL9 from Riga's stolen donations. I sent 2m for orange's event and the rest to PSL10. 

I'll still send a donation of my own should I choose to play. I appreciate the option but I'm still pretty salted after the bullshit over the past several seasons.

I just hope PSL10 is legit.

I want to say that DPP should be replaced this season. At least for BW, the reason why im saying this is beacuse previously (before the update) DPP was quite a "future tier" and that mades it really entertaining. But now that we have 5th gen on Pokemmo DPP has nothing for surprise people. If its replaced for BW for example, we could see how could be Pokemmo if all items and pokemons were implemented (including legendaries) and that should be really intresting.

Edited by soyhector
6 minutes ago, Toast said:

also with dpp who even plays that anymore, like nik gunt sweet is who i can think of off the top of my head, and lol gunt so its basically nik and sweet assuming theyre even alive to play??

sweet is