[PSL X] THE TENTH EDITION - HYPE THREAD

PSL X Tier  

112 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer DPP OU or SM OU?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/18 at 10:35 AM

7 hours ago, Maekaaay said:

why no trades ? it was an interesting aspect for the managers imo

Because there is always someone trying to take advantage of another manager, sometimes even players hold themselves hostage to get onto another team. I understand that it lessens the managers duties but eliminating trades and midseason should sway away some devious antics.

Edited by xXBlu3BreathXx
7 minutes ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

Because there is always someone trying to take advantage of another manager, sometimes even players hold themselves hostage to get onto another team. I understand that it lessens the managers duties but eliminating trades and midseason should sway away some devious antics.

But i'm pretty sure the host could totally see when a trade is too bad for a manager, you would approve it and you are 3 so way less risk to be biased.

A player could force a trade that's right but it's part of the game for the manager to know who are the players that will play for him. And if he made a mistake, he should at least have a chance to correct his team.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:58 PM, gbwead said:

I feel like Kimikozen should be listed either. He admitted to coaching in previous PSL seasons, not even in PSL 9, and he did that only so that the community would open their eyes regarding the PSL coaching issue. In the name of progress, Kimikozen should not have to pay to participate.

agree. I just exposed what everyone was basically doing or had knowledge of. I wouldn't admit to cheating if it was wasn't for the purpose of making PSL a more competitive environment lol. Tbh idc about the 1m payment, I feel like thats a fine punishment. But, I may want to be a manager. Would like some further elaboration on hosts part on why I shouldn't have this priviledge/should be punished. 

42 minutes ago, Maekaaay said:

But i'm pretty sure the host could totally see when a trade is too bad for a manager, you would approve it and you are 3 so way less risk to be biased.

A player could force a trade that's right but it's part of the game for the manager to know who are the players that will play for him. And if he made a mistake, he should at least have a chance to correct his team.

While we could assess trades to see if both teams are gaining roughly the same value, it would be difficult to foresee how it impacts the league as a whole. For example, team 1 trades off a player which they predict will lose in their main tier (for the rest of the season) and then ends up carrying team 4 to victory. Another point is that we would have to measure players off multiple variables like:

• how much did they sell for?
  • are they performing well?
  • are they known for being good?

A good known player could sell for a high price and end up under performing, I believe that a team should be more supportive of their roster as whole and see it through to the end. PSL brings people together that you usually wouldn't have even spoken to, sure there are some ass holes but I don't think this is an excuse for managers to jump ship on a player they drafted. Another factor within these variables is that assessing whether a cheap good player is worth as much as a high cost under performing player is difficult, it just adds too many layers of complexity.

Players would not be able to force a trade if trades cannot happen, if they decide that they don't like their manager then they got to suck it up and put their differences aside to realise that they are working towards the same goal; to win the PSL.

10 minutes ago, Kimikozen said:

agree. I just exposed what everyone was basically doing or had knowledge of. I wouldn't admit to cheating if it was wasn't for the purpose of making PSL a more competitive environment lol. Tbh idc about the 1m payment, I feel like thats a fine punishment. But, I may want to be a manager. Would like some further elaboration on hosts part on why I shouldn't have this priviledge/should be punished. 

I commend you for coming forward but it would seem a little silly for cheating to go unpunished. The reason why we introduced the rule for them to not manage was because a manager could influence their players (or at least a portion they know are willing) to cheat, since those players cheated in the past it is more likely for them to cheat again (compared to those who played by the rules). Since you technically didn't cheat in PSL 9 it would make sense for the punishment to be different for you specifically, I wouldn't like to suggest anything because of bias towards you as a friend. If @LKrenz and @MknsZblex could voice their opinion on the matter that would be great.

6 hours ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

While we could assess trades to see if both teams are gaining roughly the same value, it would be difficult to foresee how it impacts the league as a whole. For example, team 1 trades off a player which they predict will lose in their main tier (for the rest of the season) and then ends up carrying team 4 to victory. Another point is that we would have to measure players off multiple variables like:

• how much did they sell for?
  • are they performing well?
  • are they known for being good?

A good known player could sell for a high price and end up under performing, I believe that a team should be more supportive of their roster as whole and see it through to the end. PSL brings people together that you usually wouldn't have even spoken to, sure there are some ass holes but I don't think this is an excuse for managers to jump ship on a player they drafted. Another factor within these variables is that assessing whether a cheap good player is worth as much as a high cost under performing player is difficult, it just adds too many layers of complexity.

Players would not be able to force a trade if trades cannot happen, if they decide that they don't like their manager then they got to suck it up and put their differences aside to realise that they are working towards the same goal; to win the PSL.

my few cents, i feel like these arguments are pretty flawed cause imo how well a player does depends on their manager too. lets take your example where the one bad player suddenly becomes an op player, that shouldn't be a variable on whether or not the host should accept the trade cause that assumes that the manager plays no role on how well the player does. maybe the player didn't fit in on the initial team but fits in perfectly with the second, cause better teammates, etc. value shouldnt be a variable here cause a player could be more valuable for one team than another, and that's not a problem cause different teams will need to fix different things. if a player is performing well, i dont see why you need to trade them to another team cause i assume youll keep them unless youre getting another good player back, which doesnt make too much sense anyways cause you wont really be gaining much anyways. i think last season went well with trades, cutting off trades at the midseason point or whatever so trading doesnt get abused, although evlgoon was a shit manager and doc got a better team out of it. it wouldn't be a problem if you picked 8 smart managers who actually want to win

tl;dr: trades are important for the managers and their teams cause it helps make their team better. someone you thought would be a good fit but isnt, so you trade them to try and get better

git gud really

I know I have been RIP for the update and the last PSL, but...

Managers know all the risks and go through all those questions in their head before finalizing or even going through a trade 

And they have a captain to ask and make sure the trade is worth taking a risk and their are hosts to make sure the trade is even and the manager isnt just being dumb

I just feel like managers should at least be able to request a trade, and if your so against them as a host vote against it everytime it happens.

Also there are trades that don't even have players yet, aka trading picks for credits and whatever... I mean idk if the PSL still does the mix draft where its half snake draft and half credits but... managers should at least be able to trade those

Using a prior PSL and Rigamorty as an example to remove the trade system is a flawed argument. Riga wasn't making bad trades to try and "benefit" his team, he was making those trades because he had no chance of making the playoffs and he wanted his players to keep playing. He specifically traded with managers he liked, which skewed the competition. I overlooked this as host because of my own bias and because I had Riga promise he'd trade to multiple managers and not just a couple of us. 

Since then, the trade system has worked flawlessly. Trades have been fair and managers are hesitant to make other teams better. The inclusion of six playoff teams instead of four meant that you usually had a chance of making the playoffs well into the final couple weeks, so pulling a "Riga" is less probable. We have a host system designed to prevent lopsided trades and the host(s) can veto some bullshit if they see fit. 

All in all, the trade system is an exciting aspect of the season and promotes a bit of suspense that keeps players active and playing well. It also keeps managers involved with other teams. It's something I feel should be kept. 

#fuckmidseason#fuckbaguettes#gbsucks

Riga is one of many idiots, but he's not the reason why trades are shit in PSL. He's the reason why trades were no longer allowed after week 5. When it comes to the trade system itself, there is 2 issues: managers are sometimes very stupid (or the hosts were stupid for picking shitty managers) and players sometimes underperform just so they can be traded off in a team with friends. No more bullshit trades plz. It's fun and managers feel less useless, but it's uncompetitive af.