Some general questions

Hello, new player here.

Okay, out of 10, how much have the creators fiddled with the core mechanics? If I get frozen, can I count on it being because Im unlucky? Its an issue for newcomers like myself because if mechanics have been tinkered with, it destroys any integrity of the game series.

Would it be possible to get hold of a spreadsheet somewhere showing the exact stats of the pokemon used by gym leaders? My ev trained Electrode just got outsped by a Staraptor and Lucario, who at the same level, are physically incapable of doing so. Unless quick claw has no animation, they both have it at the same time, and it activated twice in a row on both of them, the AI is just cheating.

Is there a list of unobtainable items? For things like flame orbs etc?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

9 minutes ago, Dustnut2 said:

My ev trained Electrode just got outsped by a Staraptor and Lucario, who at the same level, are physically incapable of doing so.

Choice scarf is enough to do it (+50% speed but locks you into one move)

1 hour ago, Dustnut2 said:

Okay, out of 10, how much have the creators fiddled with the core mechanics?

Its an issue for newcomers like myself because if mechanics have been tinkered with, it destroys any integrity of the game series.

Most of the mechanics stay true to the vanilla games but you might find some different mechanics that were necessary for the MMO aspect of the game.

Would it be possible to get hold of a spreadsheet somewhere showing the exact stats of the pokemon used by gym leaders?

No but for Pre Elite 4, they mostly use canon stats (not necessarily from that same encounter)

My ev trained Electrode just got outsped by a Staraptor and Lucario, who at the same level, are physically incapable of doing so. Unless quick claw has no animation, they both have it at the same time, and it activated twice in a row on both of them, the AI is just cheating.

Without any knowledge of the battle and you electrode's stats its difficult to tell but I can tell you that none of the NPCs use illegal stats.

Is there a list of unobtainable items? For things like flame orbs etc?

Nope.

Flame orb is not implemented.

Yeah, it was 50% in the originals, hopefully its about the same here.

Another question, how come theres this level cap thing? The original system worked fine, it was for pokes you got in a trade. If its your own pokes you overlevel for your stage in the game, good for you if thats your style.

If its because of the multi region campaign thing, then still, why is it there? You arent a different trainer, youre the same person, there isnt a reason you shouldnt be able to use your own pokes. If the reasoning is because it makes it too easy, well then so what? Players arent poops, if they make it a squishfest for themselves then surely thats their own problem? Likewise, if they choose to do the campaign with a new set of pokes, theyre free to do so. All youd have to do is stop them from using HMs.

12 hours ago, Dustnut2 said:

I may have found a bug, my ice beam wasnt super effective against a pidgeot in the battle area. I know that place is notorious for cheating, but thats pushing it. It has to be a bug, right?

Did it use roost?

18 hours ago, Dustnut2 said:

I may have found a bug, my ice beam wasnt super effective against a pidgeot in the battle area.

5 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

Did it use roost?

^^

If a Pokémon uses the move Roost, it will lose it's Flying typing during the turn that the move was used. Therefore if the Pidgeot used Roost it would only be a Normal type for that turn and Ice type moves would inflict neutral damage.