It's been nearly a year since I last played, any word on gen 6?

The Unova region was added 8 months ago it still isn't complete, and I'm pretty sure their focus is on dungeons next and they've said Sinnoh is probably the next region to be added. I highly doubt 6th gen is planned for the near future. 

First of all ,welcome back to the game!

Now about your post. As much as we all want to see new Pokemon from gen 6+ , they are not in the development queue right now and not planned for near future.

Matoka ha done a great job compiling all the information about the near and far future updates that have been disclosed ,if you want to check it out

Spoiler

Only region available right now are Kanto, Hoenn and Unova

2 hours ago, ImFunk said:

The Unova region was added 8 months ago it still isn't complete, and I'm pretty sure their focus is on dungeons next and they've said Sinnoh is probably the next region to be added. I highly doubt 6th gen is planned for the near future. 

Am I the only one that likes legendary system as is(It could be expanded on a little)? Sure, add dungeons, but why ruin the lore? I sorta see how legendaries are applicable in the SP games, but MMOwise it doesn't make much sense.

Edited by CCMayhem
57 minutes ago, CCMayhem said:

Am I the only one that likes legendary system as is(It could be expanded on a little)? Sure, add dungeons, but why ruin the lore? I sorta see how legendaries are applicable in the SP games, but MMOwise it doesn't make much sense.

What makes you think that dungeons are going to ruin the lore?

1 hour ago, CCMayhem said:

>playing mons for the lore

6 hours ago, Darkshade said:

What makes you think that dungeons are going to ruin the lore?

Well regarding legendaries its not "Lore" per se, more their obtainability. To clarify;  Legendaries are not generally a species they're unique. There is observable evidence that some legendaries can breed;however it  just doesn't make much sense to have 1000's of <insert legendary here> running around the PokeMMO universe.

Don't get me wrong, some legendaries bring a little bit of competitive balance, but it's not all about the competition(subjective). 

One of the things that attracted me to PokeMMO back in 2012 over the other options was the immersive feeling of stepping into a mostly realistic(for a pokemon setting) Pokemon universe. It would be a shame from a lore perspective to cheapen the uniqueness of these mons.

With all that being said, I would very much like to see the legendary system expanded on, just not in line with a SP game.  

Just one dudes opinion though.

EDIT: On the dungeon's they sound awesome! I'm not saying don't have them. More true co-op like BT and Christmas Event(?) would make a lot of people very happy. 

Edited by CCMayhem
44 minutes ago, CCMayhem said:

Don't get me wrong, some legendaries bring a little bit of competitive balance, but it's not all about the competition(subjective). 

Don't get me wrong, it kinda is, end game here is either shiny hunting or pvp, and legendaries are pretty needed to control stuff like conkeldurr.

Even in the handhelds, one can have more than 1 legendary by trading. Lore is nice, but this game doens't really have a great lore, and has a lot of flaws, I understand the feeling of having something unique, but in a MMO environment, that isn't healthy, especially when one of our only options to control some of the biggest tier threats, is legendaries or HA pokemanz, lf regen amonguss/tangrowth.

45 minutes ago, CCMayhem said:

EDIT: On the dungeon's they sound awesome! I'm not saying don't have them. More true co-op like BT and Christmas Event(?) would make a lot of people very happy. 

I don't have a source sadly, but I think Kyu or someone said that in the future the 'link' system might be more useful, so I'd be guessing this is what for.

41 minutes ago, redspawn said:

Don't get me wrong, it kinda is, end game here is either shiny hunting or pvp, and legendaries are pretty needed to control stuff like conkeldurr.

Isn't there alternative solutions that could fix this issue? Seems like that's what the tiering system is for. HA's should alleviate some of these issues, but I'm no expert(So correct me If I am wrong). Also isn't the whole point of dungeons to add more diverse end-game content? I do enjoy competitive play,  haven't done it seriously for some years now, but shiny hunting and PvP has never been the be all end all of PokeMMO for me.

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

I understand the feeling of having something unique, but in a MMO environment, that isn't healthy

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you here. Unique != Unhealthy, it adds meaningful content that creates competition(especially in MMO's) that outlives most end game activities. It's all about how it is implemented. Balance should always be a priority, we can agree in that regard.  

1 minute ago, CCMayhem said:

Seems like that's what the tiering system is for.

Yes and no. It's complicated, especially since they don't want to ban stuff into uber.

1 minute ago, CCMayhem said:

HA's should alleviate some of these issues, but I'm no expert(So correct me If I am wrong).

Again, yes and no, legendaries alone offer their pressure in the metagame, which is nice, and provides a better metagame with more variety. HA's ofc also help with this problem, but they go hand in hand together imo. 

2 minutes ago, CCMayhem said:

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you here. Unique != Unhealthy, it adds meaningful content that creates competition

You dont need it to be unique, to add competition, but yeah, this game other than pvp has 0 competition, and would not make sense to only have 1 person holding the legendary. Not worth comparing to other MMOs, cause even a MMO like Tibia, has a lot more in depth than this game, heck, probably even vanilla minecraft has more to do. Also keep in mind, a legendary has a plendora of possible viable sets, that are used, and therefor, having more than 1 is needed.

4 minutes ago, CCMayhem said:

do enjoy competitive play,  haven't done it seriously for some years now, but shiny hunting and PvP has never been the be all end all of PokeMMO for me.

Thing is, in reality, pvp is really the only end game here for now, shiny hunting is just repeating the same action over and over again like a maniac.