Lowered Shiny Chances?

What man? Ive been playing for like 2k hours and only got a shiny spearow, ye I dont hunt but I've bred, ev trained and leveled up over 5 boxes of comps. The chances for one player getting a shiny, let alone more than one, are already pretty slim. (unless they intentionaly spend hunderds of hours hunting for them, but come on) The only reason why there are more shinies in the game as of lately is because there are more players. The Android client and the game hitting the Chinese radar being the two main reasons why this happened and it is by no means a bad thing.

There aren't more shinies per player lately, there are just more players and thus more shinies. This is NOT a bad thing. 

What could be a concern however, is why a bigger market size and a bigger Supply of shinies does not equal a bigger Demand for them; even tho there are more players now the shiny trading market is still dead, this is not a problem with the market itself but with the product imo, why are people not really interested in shiny trading?  I, for one, think it is boring and null. but that is just me. with a big influx of players there should be a propportional increase on the people who are indeed interested in shiny tarde but this doesn't seem to be the case. On the contrary, it seems like most of the shiny marked is composed of old collectors who hold onto it because their assests have devaluated and they expect them to retake on the price sometime in the future, which according to what this trending suggests, wont happen unless a complete shiny system overhawl/rework comes into play. 

Edited by FNTCZ
3 hours ago, FNTCZ said:

What could be a concern however, is why a bigger market size and a bigger Supply of shinies does not equal a bigger Demand for them; even tho there are more players now the shiny trading market is still dead, this is not a problem with the market itself but with the product imo, why are people not really interested in shiny trading?  I, for one, think it is boring and null. but that is just me. with a big influx of players there should be a propportional increase on the people who are indeed interested in shiny tarde but this doesn't seem to be the case. On the contrary, it seems like most of the shiny marked is composed of old collectors who hold onto it because their assests have devaluated and they expect them to retake on the price sometime in the future, which according to what this trending suggests, wont happen unless a complete shiny system overhawl/rework comes into play. 

You're right, and whether the increase of players is always going to be proportional to the demand is unlikely, since unlike many other commodites, 'shinies' are an entirely optional and inconsequential (being vanity only) thing to hunt or collect.

If you then take into consideration that one of the things that makes shinies attractive is their rarity, and that the current system effectively is just leading to a permanent increase of each species, less people may be inclined to take an interest in them anyway.

4 hours ago, mekickyou said:

I know this probably wont happen but it would be so good for shiny hunters if the chances were lowered. its insanely ridiculous at the moment.

Am I interpreting this wrong, or did you mean to say that it should be easier to encounter a shiny?
If so, your wording is misleading and made it seem as if you advocated the opposite.