PokeMMO Battle Association - Swiss Round 5/5

So, we are on a super awkward spot. TJXD vs. Goldeneyes hasn't been played and it affects about who moves on to the playoffs as the 4th person from Alpha Division. Basically:

- If Goldeneyes wins, Elcoolio has the best Median-Buchholz tiebreaker and moves on to the playoffs.

- If TJXD wins, me and TJXD have the best Median-Buchholz score but because the match between me and TJXD was my victory, I would win with second tiebreaker and go to the playoffs.

- If this match is declared a no-contest, me and Elcoolio have exactly the same tiebreaker scores.

I don't really know what even would be the right ruling and procedure regarding this. Goldeneyes and TJXD don't really have an incentive to play anymore more than sportsmanship at this point. Also giving an extension to a match that doesn't affect either of the players seems kinda redundant.

For these reasons I'm suggesting that TJXD vs. Goldeneyes will be a no-contest and a tiebreaker game between me and Elcoolio would be played to determine which player moves on to the playoffs. I wanna hear everyone's input about this, whatever you think is the most fair. I can also just give Elcoolio the playoff spot as I'm gonna be super busy for the next weeks and I wanted to only be a bracket filler but that's mostly up to Elcoolio that which way does he want to win.

By the way, congratulations to other playoff making players: Lazaaro, DoctorPBJ, DoubleJ from Alpha Division and SweeTforU, pachima, ZhikoDark and KaynineXL from Omega division!

5 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

I can also just give Elcoolio the playoff spot as I'm gonna be super busy for the next weeks and I wanted to only be a bracket filler but that's mostly up to Elcoolio that which way does he want to win.

like a drunk 17 year old white girl, ill take it however i can

Edited by DaftCoolio
8 hours ago, OrangeManiac said:

So, we are on a super awkward spot. TJXD vs. Goldeneyes hasn't been played and it affects about who moves on to the playoffs as the 4th person from Alpha Division. Basically:

- If Goldeneyes wins, Elcoolio has the best Median-Buchholz tiebreaker and moves on to the playoffs.

- If TJXD wins, me and TJXD have the best Median-Buchholz score but because the match between me and TJXD was my victory, I would win with second tiebreaker and go to the playoffs.

- If this match is declared a no-contest, me and Elcoolio have exactly the same tiebreaker scores.

I don't really know what even would be the right ruling and procedure regarding this. Goldeneyes and TJXD don't really have an incentive to play anymore more than sportsmanship at this point. Also giving an extension to a match that doesn't affect either of the players seems kinda redundant.

For these reasons I'm suggesting that TJXD vs. Goldeneyes will be a no-contest and a tiebreaker game between me and Elcoolio would be played to determine which player moves on to the playoffs. I wanna hear everyone's input about this, whatever you think is the most fair. I can also just give Elcoolio the playoff spot as I'm gonna be super busy for the next weeks and I wanted to only be a bracket filler but that's mostly up to Elcoolio that which way does he want to win.

By the way, congratulations to other playoff making players: Lazaaro, DoctorPBJ, DoubleJ from Alpha Division and SweeTforU, pachima, ZhikoDark and KaynineXL from Omega division!

no.....