Inquiry: Bandwidth/Lag?

I didn't see a category/topic right off the bat that I could ask this question on.  I apologize if it's misplaced.

I, and a few friends, intend to jump into this game together.  One of my friends, however, has limited bandwidth and internet speeds.  My inquiry regards how heavy this game is on bandwidth, and how much it'll take up if played regularly.  Second, what is the minimum for internet speeds to avoid lag, if that is present in the  game?

For a better understanding of what we're working with, they use up a majority of their 100gb bandwidth per month.  In terms of internet speed, they max out at .99mbs, with a ping of 621.

Thank you in advance for anyone who has an answer for us.

42 minutes ago, BrujaUrbana said:

I didn't see a category/topic right off the bat that I could ask this question on.  I apologize if it's misplaced.

I, and a few friends, intend to jump into this game together.  One of my friends, however, has limited bandwidth and internet speeds.  My inquiry regards how heavy this game is on bandwidth, and how much it'll take up if played regularly.  Second, what is the minimum for internet speeds to avoid lag, if that is present in the  game?

I think it's the right section. I don't see where could be a better place.

To answer a bit of your question, this game don't seems to take that much bandwidth. Also, I can play at public places without any problem on my tablet and phone but even at home, with a good internet speed, if I try to play with my PC, I can't do shit.

I think the best way to have answers to your question is to test it out by yourself for a day. We don't know every specific of your situation so it's hard to tell. And i'm sure you won't have problems by playing only a day, PokeMMO is not that huge on bandwidth for what I can tell.

Edited by Vaelyaz

I played on 3g Hotspot from mobile tons of time. (200kb speed kek), had 400 avg ping.

On normal conection (60mbs) it generally have 150-200 ms. But those days I noticed a general complaint about latency/delay, maybe there are server issues. Last time they transfered the server to other datacenter the game didnt had the same playerbase as it have now, maybe can be that. The server is now at "High" instance 24/7

@Kyu server capacity can have something relationed ? 

Also, the server is located on Europe, so depending on where you are, it can have route issues.

1 hour ago, Risadex said:

On normal conection (60mbs) it generally have 150-200 ms. But those days I noticed a general complaint about latency/delay, maybe there are server issues. Last time they transfered the server to other datacenter the game didnt had the same playerbase as it have now, maybe can be that. The server is now at "High" instance 24/7

@Kyu server capacity can have something relationed ? 

No, the server isn't strained. We monitor load / networking very closely, and typical pings are <150ms for NA/EU players. We will also be updating the network infrastructure during the next game update to improve them further.

Usually, if there is abnormal latency in one of the routes, it is resolved shortly after it's introduced. Some network connections (satellite/cellular) have a lot of latency to them inherently, but I'm not sure that's what you're talking about.

17 hours ago, BrujaUrbana said:

For a better understanding of what we're working with, they use up a majority of their 100gb bandwidth per month.  In terms of internet speed, they max out at .99mbs, with a ping of 621.

They will definitely be able to feel it, because their character will snap back during aggro if their client's movements are desynced from the server's. It is a very slow-paced game though, and we have put a lot of work into latency compensation to make the game playable on poor connections. I've found it playable on satellite connections with ~1k ping, myself.

Unless you're in an extremely packed area (hundreds of players in a tiny map where you can all see each other), typical throughput is <10KB/s, so they should be fine.

Edited by Kyu