Are there further plans to make seasons actually matter?

"Currently this is a palette swap, but you may see some other effects later on"

In the worst case, you'd have to wait and see what they may think of and implement.

But I am also looking forward to any outlook given on this.

12 hours ago, Quakkz said:

While it really looks nice ingame, the effect of the seasons are kinda underwhelming for me. Are there future plans to make every season actually unique and important?

Nope, not really. We have a lot of things to do right now.

Feel free to throw out ideas on what you think would be good though

24 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Nope, not really. We have a lot of things to do right now.

Feel free to throw out ideas on what you think would be good though

this wasn't addressed to me but I thought i'd chip in, knowing ofc this would be low priority and even if considered would be waayyy down the line...

You could do something like the following:
During appropriate seasons there is a moderate/low chance of more evolved pokemon of a family normally found on a route to appear, e.g. in areas of Kanto where you find wild Gloom sometimes during Fall you'd find some Vileplume, during Summer some Bellosom etc. this could also be adapted for some interesting seasonal premium methods of EV training, hordes in areas which are generally considered inefficient for EV training compared to the more commonly used ones could temporarily be filled with these higher evolution stage pokemon giving very high EV yields of one or two types of EV overall per season. (e.g. Summer = Speed & HP,    Fall = Defense & Sp. Att etc)
Examples of potential seasonal pokes:

• Summer - Hoenn's Route 111 - Vibrava
  • Autumn - Kanto's Berry Forest - Exeggutor
  • Winter - Unova's Twist mountain - Beartic
  • Spring - Kanto's Memorial Pillar - Jumpluff 

The idea probably wouldn't really tangibly effect the market of any items, even items that would normally be needed to evolve those pokemon for the most part as they would virtually never be competitive so you would still need a stone to get a competitive version of the poke, and due to how long seasons are and their cyclical nature there would always be something to take advantage of during any given season without feeling like you're losing something otherwise.

I imagine it'd also "Feel" thematically interesting, a lot of us have played the handhelds so we are comfy with what we anticipate to be in what region, Seasons adding in some usually unavailable pokemon in the wild a bit earlier than normal would be refreshing for a lot of players I feel.

yeah id look to see some more different hordest depending on season, that could be one thing. Another thing might be unlocking some events during certain seasons, maybe we could enter the ms. anne again during summer? (ofc there has to be something to do on it, otherwise it would be pointless). Maybe it could have some influences on berry planting too, but i guess this would have to be carefully balanced

just some quick ideas, maybe i can think of more later