Level CAP for new players.

Nzte

Question

Hi im fairly new to PokeMMO, I have 4 badges and my starter is capped at 34. Why is that I find it really dumb that it works like that. I feel like its better than the obdience thing but the level cap should be higher, i just want a blaziken lol. The cap between gym 3-4 is ridiculous my cap was at 32 then it went up to 34 which is like no difference. I love the game it just really needs to make the cap more balanced, like at the gym i beat it said the new cap is now lvl 50, but yet im capped at 34. 

Edited by Nzte

4 answers to this question

[I had such a strong feeling that it would pay off to invest some time once into writing this text...]

Your cap will rise with the next badge gained.

What the NPC is telling you could just not be updated yet to the levelcaps present in this MMO.

The mechanics used in PokeMMO with lower levelcaps and the mode without a free switch when you faint a pokemon of the opposing team both actually balance the fights.
You as a player may now less likely win due to a higher level (as your level is closer to the enemies you are encountering) or beneficial free switches (alone).

This is intended. During your playthrough, you are now more and more pushed to use strategic moves/good teambuilding/... to win fights.
Hereby, by the end of the story you are supposed to have somehow aquired the ability to prevail in these kind of battles to be prepared for the endgame PvE and PvP as those require the same abilites.

The means by which you are ultimately successful could be broad: Getting good wild catches/comps even, using movesets that work for you, finding people ingame/a team that helps you, trying over and over again, ...
The important part is, that whatever skill/support you gained during the story to beat it will help you afterwards as well and thus make it more likely that you continue to play the game.

I hope you are still able to suceed. You will be able to evolve Blaziken later, probable with the next batch.

It might feel to you as if you'd progress slower, but at the end you might have learned more about Pokemon thanks to this game.

Good luck on your journey.

i dont understand why people keep complaining about this. it affects you for  maybe 20 hours of how many /thousands/ of hours you will spend on the game. quit uguuing about shit thats not gunna change and just play it. if you dont like it, then dont play it. EZ fix.

TLDR; Git Gud.

13 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

I mostly agree with you but there's no need for great wild pokemons. What I mean by that is that you can use Poke with bad IVs, bad EVs and a nature that won't lower a useful stat and the run will be easy as long as you are at the max level possible.

Edited by Scyllioze
1 minute ago, Scyllioze said:

I mostly agree with you but there's no need for great wild pokemons. What I mean by that is that you can use Poke with bad IVs, bad EVs and a nature that won't lower a useful stat and the run will be easy as long as you are at the max level possible.

Agreed

We just don't know which direction a player likes to go. 

The more option he/she is aware of the more likely he/she may pick the most enjoyable one and have fun while 'getting good' enough to succed. :)