Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
leo123

as an outsider, what i like and dont like about pokemmo

Recommended Posts

hello my friends, i played the game the last week like crazy and liked it very much but today i changed to other game and i will tell you why.

 

first what i liked:

i can travel between different areas and can use my pokemon from one area in another.

i can fight severel times agains trainers

i dont lose money when i lose fight

 

now lets come to what i dont like and what made me quit:

the level caps, because i had patience, so i said come on, make 8 badges and your pokemon will level up. but now i have 8 and they still stuck at level 62.

 

the explanation for level caps was that you dont have the case that pokemon dont obey you, but come on i have 8 badges, i mean every pokemon would obey to me till level 100. so this makes no sence.

you dont want to make the game too easy for me? come on who are you to tell me how i should play? if i want to play hard, i wont level up. if i want it easier i will level up that much as i think its necessery. but let it be my decision.

 

i write you this as a player who was very happy to have found your game, but today changed to other game because i am disappointed that i have 8 badges and still dont level up. even if you keep the system, at least let pokemon level up after 8 badges

 

Share this post


Link to post

mosesbrenner if you want that there is "still something to do", then instead of level caps, i would advice you to think outside the box and open the oppertunity to level above level 100

Share this post


Link to post

The mechanics used in PokeMMO with levelcaps and the mode without a free switch when you faint a pokemon of the opposing team both balance the fights.
You as a player may now less likely win due to a higher level or beneficial free switches (alone).

 

This is intended. During your playthrough, you are now more and more pushed to use strategic moves/good teambuilding/... to win fights.
Hereby, by the end of the story you are supposed to have somehow aquired the ability to prevail in these kind of battles to be prepared for the endgame PvE and PvP as those require the same abilites.

 

The means by which you are ultimately successful could be broad: Getting good wild catches/comps even, using movesets that work for you, finding people ingame/a team that helps you, trying over and over again, ...
The important part is, that whatever skill/support you gained during the story to beat it will help you afterwards as well and thus make it more likely that you continue to play the game.

 

From a developers point of view: If you lack the 'commitment' to finish the more challenging main story now and quit the game because of it, you were likely one of the players that would've quit the game right after the story as well.
There is no reason to keep you in the game via an easier story if you are lost eventually.

Edited by Anthrazit

Share this post


Link to post

Sorry to hear you didn't like it. Not every game is for everyone. Im pretty sure system itself wont change and they will be even more changes to encourage players to be more strategic.

Despite rude answers of some individuals you can read here, you are always welcome to return. Good luck with other games o/

Share this post


Link to post

If you are having trouble beating elite 4 just use revives, full restores, max potions and the likes.

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, milluki said:

If you are having trouble beating elite 4 just use revives, full restores, max potions and the likes.

or just get proper pokemons, no need to spend cash in revives and the likes tbh, maybe 1-2 leppas and like 2 or 3 hyper potions and you do it smooth if you have okish pokemons, avoid NUs, go for OUs and UUs.

Share this post


Link to post

i do not get it why people cry abot those lvl caps...

imo those caps are very pretty -> they force player to play smart to beat npcs and you have to learn things about teambuilding

lvl caps = great idea

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, redspawn said:

or just get proper pokemons, no need to spend cash in revives and the likes tbh, maybe 1-2 leppas and like 2 or 3 hyper potions and you do it smooth if you have okish pokemons, avoid NUs, go for OUs and UUs.

In fact, you don't even need to buy anything. You just have to save what you get in the region for the E4. If you have a pokemon with a ok nature, at the max level possible (depending on the region's cap) and no good EV training and bad IV  (10+) you can easily beat the E4.

 

You just need good typing and not using bad pokemons like Raticate.

Edited by Scyllioze

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BlizzardGG said:

i do not get it why people cry abot those lvl caps...

imo those caps are very pretty -> they force player to play smart to beat npcs and you have to learn things about teambuilding

lvl caps = great idea

this happen because they're used to faceroll in the handhelds, and also mostly because 99% of the ones crying are <13 years old, they're still used to being spoon fed.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, redspawn said:

this happen because they're used to faceroll in the handhelds, and also mostly because 99% of the ones crying are <13 years old, they're still used to being spoon fed.

said very splendid (i hope my grammar do not sucks here)

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, redspawn said:

or just get proper pokemons, no need to spend cash in revives and the likes tbh, maybe 1-2 leppas and like 2 or 3 hyper potions and you do it smooth if you have okish pokemons, avoid NUs, go for OUs and UUs.

I'm just saying, but time is money. If you are into comp you'd rather spent your time making pokemon with relevant pvp strategies because most of those are irrelevant in the pve case of 5-6 matches in a row. I assumed that the guy's issue is that he doesn't want to grind the elite four and what I suggested is the quick way to get on with it and continue with the rest of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, leo123 said:

hello my friends, i played the game the last week like crazy and liked it very much but today i changed to other game and i will tell you why.

 

first what i liked:

i can travel between different areas and can use my pokemon from one area in another.

i can fight severel times agains trainers

i dont lose money when i lose fight

 

now lets come to what i dont like and what made me quit:

the level caps, because i had patience, so i said come on, make 8 badges and your pokemon will level up. but now i have 8 and they still stuck at level 62.

 

the explanation for level caps was that you dont have the case that pokemon dont obey you, but come on i have 8 badges, i mean every pokemon would obey to me till level 100. so this makes no sence.

you dont want to make the game too easy for me? come on who are you to tell me how i should play? if i want to play hard, i wont level up. if i want it easier i will level up that much as i think its necessery. but let it be my decision.

 

i write you this as a player who was very happy to have found your game, but today changed to other game because i am disappointed that i have 8 badges and still dont level up. even if you keep the system, at least let pokemon level up after 8 badges

 

But in classic Pokemon games you have level cap but its hidden like get 6th badge Pokemons obey you till lvl 70! I can say,PokeMMO is really harder than classic Pokemon games. Because,level cap is lower,training is harder and more...

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, milluki said:

I'm just saying, but time is money. If you are into comp you'd rather spent your time making pokemon with relevant pvp strategies because most of those are irrelevant in the pve case of 5-6 matches in a row. I assumed that the guy's issue is that he doesn't want to grind the elite four and what I suggested is the quick way to get on with it and continue with the rest of the game.

no need for them to be relevant, you just need ok nature, IVs 15+s, and pokemons above NU, and you have a really easy time.

 

5 hours ago, VaporeonTwister said:

But in classic Pokemon games you have level cap but its hidden like get 6th badge Pokemons obey you till lvl 70! I can say,PokeMMO is really harder than classic Pokemon games. Because,level cap is lower,training is harder and more...

Training is easier, and it's definitely not that hard.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, VaporeonTwister said:

But in classic Pokemon games you have level cap but its hidden like get 6th badge Pokemons obey you till lvl 70! I can say,PokeMMO is really harder than classic Pokemon games. Because,level cap is lower,training is harder and more...

Except that on the original games, the cap is only for traded pokemon.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, BlizzardGG said:

i do not get it why people cry abot those lvl caps...

imo those caps are very pretty -> they force player to play smart to beat npcs and you have to learn things about teambuilding

lvl caps = great idea

my guess would be that they cry becaus there is near no info at all about most of the mechanic in the game and that with the lvl cap they are much more usefull. not everyone like to be forced to ask for help to pass a game and having to read a wiki to play a game isn't much fun. we basically need more information for those newbie *cough* 

*cough*

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

my guess would be that they cry becaus there is near no info at all about most of the mechanic in the game and that with the lvl cap they are much more usefull. not everyone like to be forced to ask for help to pass a game and having to read a wiki to play a game isn't much fun. we basically need more information for those newbie *cough* 

*cough*

I agree with you, but I also don't see that building being very used. They should instead, introduce a tutorial somehow in the game imo.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.