Party PVE

techshaman

Question

can anybody say team shiny hunting? partying up with a friend will allow you to battle 2 pokemon at once in the same area when one of you gets an encounter and you both get to fight those pokemon. I think this should up your shiny hunting odds to 2/8k instead of 1/8k or 2/16k because teamwork.

Boss battles in caves on weekends. Effectively turn caves into dungeons, putting an NPC in front who you can talk to and boost the levels and IVs of pokemon inside as well as make them "uncatchable" and make them drop some rare items at a low drop rate or common items like potions at a slightly higher drop rate. In addition, a legendary pokemon is placed inside to serve as the boss. The boss has a guaranteed rare item from a pool of drop rates that might even drop something super rare like a lucky egg. It's customary to do this battle with a team of 2 or more since these battles will be tough. The levels of these pokemon are based on the highest level pokemon in the party of your player squad.

Just now, Scyllioze said:

Because just like you, no players have stats. So either way, no one can prove anything. But i'm not the one here claiming anything amirite.

yeah but unlike you, I've used actual factual information to base my assumptions on

23 minutes ago, techshaman said:

yeah but unlike you, I've used actual factual information to base my assumptions on

Like what? You said that everyone knows in most game that chinese are the problems, great info dude.

Anyway, this won't lead to anything since you can't bring yourself to give statistics like you said that prove without any doubt hacking from any chinese player ;)

Also, you never proved that any hacking was done. And it's the most important thing right? You talk about stats but they prove nothing in the case of PokeMMO.

If it wasn't clear enough for you, I won't continue this conversation.

Edited by Scyllioze
Just now, Scyllioze said:

Like what? You said that everyone knows in most game that chinese are the problems, great info dude.

Anyway, this won't lead to anything since you can't bring yourself to give statistics like you said that prove without any doubt hacking from any chinese player ;)

If it wasn't clear enough for you, I won't continue this conversation.

you completely dodged everything I said in an attempt to win an argument and make me look bad. I said most "chinese hackers" don't even know chinese, therefore chinese aren't the problem at all, unless you count the fact that all these high quality chinese private network servers for cheap hosting people who do hack, therefore registering their IP in china, therefore making them appear chinese to people until they talk. Actually some of them try to even sound chinese just for a laugh. Google the statistics and stop embarrassing yourself

Concerning the suggestion:
As others said the shiny rate is much lower in this MMO and it is so for reasons. A mechanic that would boost your chances like you suggested is unlikely to be implemented.
For the 2nd part of the suggestion, this pretty much already exist(ed) with the coop-dungeons we had for last two christmas holidays - you will see raidable dungeons again in the future and maybe some will be coop again as well (for example the next christmas dungeon)

Off topic:

• Stating that chinese players "hack" without any proof other than a high nominal amount of shinies found by them is blindfold.
    It is nearly as silly as complaining that most shinies are found by male players and speculating if male players somehow found a way to "hack" the game.
    The nominal amount of shinies found by them simply reflects, that those players also account for the biggest group of players active in this MMO.
  • 1/30k is a lower chance than in the original games but it is not "astronomically low" - with the 32k encounters mentioned you would still have a chance of more than 65% to encounter at least one shiny. Also, you need to take into account the high amount of encounters players are able to farm as they use sweet scent/encounter hordes of up to five pokemon all the time.
    Nonetheless, your hunt might feel like your "entire life".
  • No, please don't let shinies deteriorate - this would invalidate both the motivation to hunt them as the motivation to breed them and thus sink some of the (lower tier) shinies.

Their are actual threads like the shiny rate discussion thread you might use once this topic got locked.
19 minutes ago, Anthrazit said:

Concerning the suggestion:
As others said the shiny rate is much lower in this MMO and it is so for reasons. A mechanic that would boost your chances like you suggested is unlikely to be implemented.
For the 2nd part of the suggestion, this pretty much already exist(ed) with the coop-dungeons we had for last two christmas holidays - you will see raidable dungeons again in the future and maybe some will be coop again as well (for example the next christmas dungeon)

Off topic:

• Stating that chinese players "hack" without any proof other than a high nominal amount of shinies found by them is blindfold.
    It is nearly as silly as complaining that most shinies are found by male players and speculating if male players somehow found a way to "hack" the game.
    The nominal amount of shinies found by them simply reflects, that those players also account for the biggest group of players active in this MMO.
  • 1/30k is a lower chance than in the original games but it is not "astronomically low" - with the 32k encounters mentioned you would still have a chance of more than 65% to encounter at least one shiny. Also, you need to take into account the high amount of encounters players are able to farm as they use sweet scent/encounter hordes of up to five pokemon all the time.
    Nonetheless, your hunt might feel like your "entire life".
  • No, please don't let shinies deteriorate - this would invalidate both the motivation to hunt them as the motivation to breed them and thus sink some of the (lower tier) shinies.

Their are actual threads like the shiny rate discussion thread you might use once this topic got locked.

I didn't say chinese players hack, again I said the people most commonly referred to as "chinese hackers" aren't really from china, and I didn't say the shinies found by them made the hackers, I said that I am not surprised that "chinese hackers" have the highest shiny count.

Shiny deterioration can be a positive thing if done right. If it's done right it might even challenge people to find the most powerful shinies if the deterioration has a maximum amount of IV point reduction also called an "age limit" where they stop aging and are left with a fixed IV stat... I guess you could leave it up to chance and subtract one point from a random IV up to 10 times and widen the range of the stats of Shinies by a certain percentage for IVs when you catch them to even out the odds and make fully aged shinies with good stats more rare than diamonds

EDIT also 32k encounters is a loooot

Edited by techshaman