Party PVE

techshaman

Question

can anybody say team shiny hunting? partying up with a friend will allow you to battle 2 pokemon at once in the same area when one of you gets an encounter and you both get to fight those pokemon. I think this should up your shiny hunting odds to 2/8k instead of 1/8k or 2/16k because teamwork.

Boss battles in caves on weekends. Effectively turn caves into dungeons, putting an NPC in front who you can talk to and boost the levels and IVs of pokemon inside as well as make them "uncatchable" and make them drop some rare items at a low drop rate or common items like potions at a slightly higher drop rate. In addition, a legendary pokemon is placed inside to serve as the boss. The boss has a guaranteed rare item from a pool of drop rates that might even drop something super rare like a lucky egg. It's customary to do this battle with a team of 2 or more since these battles will be tough. The levels of these pokemon are based on the highest level pokemon in the party of your player squad.

33 minutes ago, techshaman said:

n. I think this should up your shiny hunting odds to 2/8k instead of 1/8k or 2/16k because teamwork.

ahahahahah funny guy. The shiny rate here is 1/30k, 1/27k if you use donator. And just a minor correction 2/8k, means 1/4k, and 2/16k is the same as 1/8k.

Also, something like group pve content might be coming with the dungeon patch that will happen in a near future.

Edited by redspawn
16 minutes ago, techshaman said:

eww, 30k? why?

Because it's a MMO. Let me put down here an exemple of the consequences of having a 'normal' shiny rate on a Massively Multiplayer Online Pokemon game such as PokeMMO:

》A massive part of players are shiny hunting on daily basis.

》More than 100 shinies are found everyday.

》As shinies do NOT disappear, they become more and more common.

》Since shinies are now so common that everyone have at least 5 of these under 1000h (if unlucky, like me), they do not have any value anymore.

Just FYI, with the current shiny encoutering rate, an average of 4 shinies are still found every single day, making their economy slowly but surely "dying". ~

1 minute ago, Edniss said:

Because it's a MMO. Let me put down here an exemple of the consequences of having a 'normal' shiny rate on a Massively Multiplayer Online Pokemon game such as PokeMMO:

》A massive part of players are shiny hunting on daily basis.

》More than 100 shinies are found everyday.

》As shinies do NOT disappear, they become more and more common.

》Since shinies are now so common that everyone have at least 5 of these under 1000h (if unlucky, like me), they do not have any value anymore.

Just FYI, with the current shiny encoutering rate, an average of 4 shinies are still found every single day, making their economy slowly but surely "dying". ~

that's completely pooped since the shiny system was already designed for the purpose of adding end game content... 32k encounters for a 95% chance of encountering a shiny was already ridiculous af even in original pokemon games and they did it while taking the trade system into account. To up that rate for any purpose would be nothing more than punishing your own community for no reason.

3 minutes ago, techshaman said:

economy or not, 4 pokemon a day worldwide on an mmo is just stupid... I'm not trying to bash you or anything, I'm just giving it the correct label... stupidity. Literally no other pokemon MMO does this and I've noticed a fair bit more activity in other mmos like revolution. The only reason why I gave this MMO a shot was because people were saying this one wasn't all grind but if only 4 people a day get a shiny pokemon on this mmo, this is sheer torturous grind and I'm gonna have to keep looking, I'm sorry.

You are not using my statement correctly. I did say 4 shinies a day in average, it is completely different. We already saw people finding more than one shiny a week... A day even! ~

Just now, Edniss said:

You are not using my statement correctly. I did say 4 shinies a day in average, it is completely different. We already saw people finding more than one shiny a week... A day even! ~

if that's the case, then the rates aren't as you say they are... at 1/8k the chances of encountering a pokemon after 8k encounters is around 60% and the chances at 32k encounters is about 95% so if the shiny rate was 1/30k the chances of encountering a shiny would be astronomically low to the point where it could take somebody their entire life to find a shiny

a good fix for shiny economy without destroying most people's purpose for playing the game would be to develop a sort of "shiny aging" where shiny IVs begin to slowly drop as they get older, making them completely useless unless just for show later on in game

if that's the case, then the rates aren't as you say they are... at 1/8k the chances of encountering a pokemon after 8k encounters is around 60% and the chances at 32k encounters is about 95% so if the shiny rate was 1/30k the chances of encountering a shiny would be astronomically low to the point where it could take somebody their entire life to find a shiny

You have no idea how rates work in an mmo environment right? Let me start by saying, odds are independent, meaning a 1/30k odd, can happen twice in a row, and 2 encounters might result in 2 shinies. Now consider you're not the only taking the shiny 'roll' at any given time, as there are others hunting 24/7.

You're just looking at yourself, while there's thousands of players playing pokemmo now, and in particular, the chinese community, is a huuuuuuge shiny hunting community, the biggest we currently have, they easily alone probably get 80% of the shinies found daily.

Edited by redspawn
24 minutes ago, techshaman said:

i don't find it surprising that the chinese hackers and bots get 80% of the shinies on the game since electricity in china is so cheap you can leave your bots running all day and night

Wow, this is really stupid. You don't even know that you discredit yourself while saying shit like this.

PokeMMO has a system that protect against bot. Furthermore, you don't have any prove that any chinese players hacked or anything but you still talk like it was obvious. I hate using this word but this is a real case of racism. You're just hating on an entire community who did nothing wrong.

Edit: To answer to your last comment, you can desactivate email spamming in the forum settings.

Edited by Scyllioze
1 minute ago, Scyllioze said:

Wow, this is really stupid. You don't even know that you discredit yourself while saying shit like this.

PokeMMO has a system that protect against bot. Furthermore, you don't have any prove that any chinese players hacked or anything but you still talk like it was obvious. I hate using this word but this is a real case of racism.

Edit: To answer to your last comment, you can desactivate email spamming in the forum settings.

they're not literally "chinese hackers" it's just that hackers and botters tend to use VPN servers in china because security is most lax there. There's a bad rep about the chinese in literally every game for a reason.  Also, wasn't the "bot defense" for this game 3 years ago to up the shiny rate from 8k to 30k for botters anyway? Kind of a backfire here really since the system now thinks everybody is a botter and now only botters really make a profit hunting shinies.

9 minutes ago, techshaman said:

There's a bad rep about the chinese in literally every game for a reason.

Just like Russian players, french players, spanish players and so on. Because people can't stand when another community do better or play differently. Or just talk their own language in channels.

It doesn't prove anything.

Edited by Scyllioze
Just now, Scyllioze said:

Just like Russian players, french players, spanish players and so on. Because people can't stand when another community do better or play differently. Or just talk their own language in channels.

do you hear yourself? If an entire community does better than you, I think it's time to quit. Just google it. In china, servers and electronics are dirt cheap, making the market prime for good quality Virtual private networks. Combining that with the lax security and the fact that most "chinese hackers" don't even know chinese makes it kind of obvious what's going on in those situations

1 minute ago, techshaman said:

do you hear yourself? If an entire community does better than you, I think it's time to quit. Just google it. In china, servers and electronics are dirt cheap, making the market prime for good quality Virtual private networks. Combining that with the lax security and the fact that most "chinese hackers" don't even know chinese makes it kind of obvious what's going on in those situations

You simply can't understand the fact that botting is restricted by many factors here and for the hacking part, you have no proof that hacking was use at any given time.

Just now, Scyllioze said:

You simply can't understand the fact that botting is restricted by many factors here and for the hacking part, you have no proof that hacking was use at any given time.

when 80% of the market comes from an area known for shady farming tactics in multiple games, the statistics kind of speak for them. I'm done with this conversation

17 minutes ago, techshaman said:

they're not literally "chinese hackers" it's just that hackers and botters tend to use VPN servers in china because security is most lax there. There's a bad rep about the chinese in literally every game for a reason.  Also, wasn't the "bot defense" for this game 3 years ago to up the shiny rate from 8k to 30k for botters anyway? Kind of a backfire here really since the system now thinks everybody is a botter and now only botters really make a profit hunting shinies.

Because nobody puts as much effort as them?

Asian Community is well know worldwide for their amazing effort in Platform/RPG Games.

I'm not surprised with every shiny they found daily, they're so consistents, nobody here will ever understand that.

( sorry for my bad english :p)

Just now, PrettyMelody said:

Because nobody puts as much effort as them?

Asian Community is well know worldwide for their amazing effort in Platform/RPG Games.

I'm not surprised with every shiny they found daily, they're so consistents, nobody here will ever understand that.

( sorry for my bad english :p)

there's dedicated people in every community really, to say the asians are more dedicated than anyone is actually more racist than me "blaming chinese hackers"

when 80% of the market comes from an area known for shady farming tactics in multiple games, the statistics kind of speak for them. I'm done with this conversation

This is ridiculous. You simply can't admit that you have no real proof that can help your claim.

Edited by Scyllioze

there's dedicated people in every community really, to say the asians are more dedicated than anyone is actually more racist than me "blaming chinese hackers"

Okay, i will leave you with your own opinion about my statement.

They take this more serious than anyone here, you will never see a group of 20-30 persons of any other community running for a pheno or whatsoever (one example)

instead of blaming chinese hackers or bla bla, try to grind like they do.