Will my OT Pokemon continue to gain XP past the cap against NPC Trainers?

So I recently learned that even OT Pokemons get a level cap that pretty much makes them useless you beat the E4. So here in Kanto with a max obedience of 62, I'm trying to beat E4 with a team of 60-62s. The 62s are close to leveling up and is very likely that they will get enough XP to do that during the E4 battles.

Does this game actually goes ahead and ruins those Pokemon for me before I beat the Champion by letting my Pokemon exceed level cap?

I had a Pokemon in Daycare and it leveled up just fine beyond the Cap making it totally useless.

The Pokemon will stay level 62 and continue to gain exp. When you beat the league and K.O. any pokemon after the league, you'll level up to where the pokemon should've been.

I hope i am clear.

Edit: Idk about the Daycare system though.

Edited by Scyllioze
5 minutes ago, Scyllioze said:

The Pokemon will stay level 62 and continue to gain exp. When you beat the league and K.O. any pokemon after the league, you'll level up to where the pokemon should've been.

I hope i am clear.

Ok so they stock up XP and not actually level up? Until I beat the Champion and defeat a random Pokemon after that?
If that's the case I guess I'm safe to use the 62s throughout the entirety of E4.