Competitive Tournaments and Catching Events

So yesterday there was a catching event for a magikarp shiny,  A FREAKING MAGIKARP SHINY!!!

Today we have a 128 man tourney for Shiny Gengar... when did the catching events started getting better prizes than the competitive players? and why?

The comp players bust their ass breeding and farming each and everyday to win a tourney (if we have enough RNG) to earn good prizes and now you guys do this???

I'm not honestly all that baffled that catch events have decent prizes. It keeps the casual community happy, which keeps the game happy, yadda yadda yadda.

But I'm equally annoyed that why does the 245th Shiny Gengar have to be given out in a PvP event from all the possible options we have. The shiny market value has plummeted so hard. Only very few selected shinies are even over worth 10 million in the market currently. So why not slightly expand your prize pool juuust a little bit. Also an OU prize does not need to be "OU". It can be an Underused Pokemon or even Neverused Pokemon if it has some usage in the tier. Underused tournament prize does not necessarily have to be from the current UU tier list but can be from NU as well, as long as that Pokemon has some usage in UU. The idea of having a Pokemon from the respective tier is a nice concept but I feel like the staff is following it a little bit too strictly and that results us getting quite boring prizes sometimes.

I think you guys really overestimate the amount of choice we have sometimes. Sure, I could have picked a UU prize, but that would taken away from the already limited UU prizepool. 

I admit, Gengar wasnt the only OU choice I had, but it was one of the few, and whether it gets used now or next week. I dont see the point...

as for NU pokemon, I love to hear suggestions if that is something you guys really want.

Just now, Bilburt said:

I think you guys really overestimate the amount of choice we have sometimes. Sure, I could have picked a UU prize, but that would taken away from the already limited UU prizepool. 

I admit, Gengar wasnt the only OU choice I had, but it was one of the few, and whether it gets used now or next week. I dont see the point...

as for NU pokemon, I love to hear suggestions if that is something you guys really want.

go make dubs ugly

2 hours ago, Takens said:

So yesterday there was a catching event for a magikarp shiny,  A FREAKING MAGIKARP SHINY!!!

Today we have a 128 man tourney for Shiny Gengar... when did the catching events started getting better prizes than the competitive players? and why?

The comp players bust their ass breeding and farming each and everyday to win a tourney (if we have enough RNG) to earn good prizes and now you guys do this???

You sound like a child crying they didn't a car for their birthday.

If you find tourney prizes lacking, while catching events have better prizes, by all means quit the comp scene and play catching events. Winning tourneys are easier as it involves much less RNG and happens much more often. You won't have to "bust  your ass everyday" cause you might win a catching event that rarely happens.

1 hour ago, ASmallDuck said:

You sound like a child crying they didn't a car for their birthday.

If you find tourney prizes lacking, while catching events have better prizes, by all means quit the comp scene and play catching events. Winning tourneys are easier as it involves much less RNG and happens much more often. You won't have to "bust  your ass everyday" cause you might win a catching event that rarely happens.

Just irrelevant people like usual, but i'll respond.

Have you ever played a tournament where just 1 crit or a low roll on the damage fucks an entire match? i don't think so.

Quitting the comp for that reason is not good for anyone, i just find a little stupid how a catching event has a better prize than an official tourney.

What i mean on busting our ass is by breeding and breeding comps you don't need to do this kind of stuff for a catching event.

Now i know someone will start hating and blah blah blah on response, but here is the point is always the same prize and staff is lazy now days.

What i would like from them is to atleast start being more creative on their choices.

Edited by Takens
Didn't want to response, but don't talk like that if you are irrelevant in the comp scene.
41 minutes ago, Takens said:

Have you ever played a tournament where just 1 crit or a low roll on the damage fucks an entire match? i don't think so.

Quitting the comp for that reason is not good for anyone, i just find a little stupid how a catching event has a better prize than an official tourney.

What i mean on busting our ass is by breeding and breeding comps you don't need to do this kind of stuff for a catching event.

Now i know someone will start hating and blah blah blah on response, but here is the point is always the same prize and staff is lazy now days.

What i would like from them is to atleast start being more creative on their choices.

I never said rng isn't involved in a match. It is. But you can actually prepare for a tourney. A catching event, no matter how much you prepare, you aren't ahead of anyone. You can be the best player and RNG wont be affected.

Yea, winning a tourney is hard and takes a lot of preparation, but the more preparation you put into it and your comps the better your chances of winning are. Meanwhile in a catching event there is nothing that will boost your chances over others. Not to mention of how rare the catching events are, it makes sense that the prizes for them are better than a tourney. 

• You can "bust your ass" breeding comps to increase your chances of winning.
  • Play with any comp and have a lower chance of winning.
  • You can do nothing and hope you win a catching event every few weeks for an even smaller chance of winning.

The staff has said multiple times to give them suggestion, how about instead of saying "atleast start being more creative" you give them ideas? Heck Bilburt asked for a suggestion in this thread. Go on, suggest your creative solution.

2 hours ago, Bilburt said:

I mean Ok Bilburt, but it's a 128 man tournament, why a shiny gengar that has been gifted 1231024 times, and has no 'value' as you can't even show off properly your prize due to how bad of a shiny it is. Anything would have been better and more unique for a 128. Why not, keep crap like this for 32 man tournaments, and on 64 and 128 give proper prizes? I know Squirtle is the one that provides the shinies and comps you guys can gift but still, wasnt there something better?

1 hour ago, Takens said:

Happens to everyone, the chance is there.

1 hour ago, Takens said:

Also, stop thinking you're relevant, when you're definitely not relevant, not here nor will you ever be, with this childish attitude.

Just now, redspawn said:

I mean Ok Bilburt, but it's a 128 man tournament, why a shiny gengar that has been gifted 1231024 times, and has no 'value' as you can't even show off properly your prize due to how bad of a shiny it is. Anything would have been better and more unique for a 128. Why not, keep crap like this for 32 man tournaments, and on 64 and 128 give proper prizes? I know Squirtle is the one that provides the shinies and comps you guys can gift but still, wasnt there something better?

Squirtle isnt at all to blame. Like I said, there where other prizes I could give out, but does it really matter whether I give it out now or next week? 

Yes a 128 might seem rough for such a "low valued" prize, but I dont decide bracket size according to the prize, I know 128 will most likely fill and thus I do not find it fair to not give everyone a chance at competing. I try my best to make enough tourneys so you guys have something to do, and again, any suggestion is welcome. There is a whole thread dedicated to Event suggestions and any reasonable request/suggestions are looked at. 

6 hours ago, redspawn said:

Also, stop thinking you're relevant, when you're definitely not relevant, not here nor will you ever be, with this childish attitude.

Ok let me see this I've won and lost more finals than the ones you will ever reach more than lost, but this is not the case for the thread.

6 hours ago, redspawn said:

This is what i mean Lower the spots on a tournament like this one. I really don't think 128 is a good number for this prize, however new players could like it and they do deserve a chance.

That's the only reason why they keep doing the 128 people tourneys.

6 hours ago, Bilburt said:

Squirtle isnt at all to blame. Like I said, there where other prizes I could give out, but does it really matter whether I give it out now or next week? 

Yes a 128 might seem rough for such a "low valued" prize, but I dont decide bracket size according to the prize, I know 128 will most likely fill and thus I do not find it fair to not give everyone a chance at competing. I try my best to make enough tourneys so you guys have something to do, and again, any suggestion is welcome. There is a whole thread dedicated to Event suggestions and any reasonable request/suggestions are looked at. 

The thing right here is just OG player don't find that kind of tourneys attractive anymore. I like how you guys are giving chances to the new people, but we are now on G5

if its an OU tournament you can pick a prize from OU,UU,NU.

Be creative and give fucking love to the comp scene that's all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will not respond after this so if its something good quote me if its not worth reading please, just please do not do it.

2 hours ago, Takens said:

Be creative and give fucking love to the comp scene that's all

this is way too vague to be of any use, you keep complaining about the "comp scene" but you never offer solutions, you tell us to be "creative" but I have no idea what thats supposed to mean, I explained to you that the prize pool is too small for me to continuously give out prizes you guys want. If you cant offer solutions or at least a good debate, what are you making these threads for. Unless you actually have any good feedback, stop wasting my time.

3 hours ago, Takens said:

Ok let me see this I've won and lost more finals than the ones you will ever reach more than lost, but this is not the case for the thread.

I agree with @redspawn. Calling a player out like that and telling him that he isn't even relevant is childish af. If you have no respect for players other than yourself, keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

Edited by Goku

Stop ganging up on my boy Takens. That guy ASmallDuck made a completely pooped post without having any idea about the effort that goes into being a comp player and started with the whole "childish" comments nonsense. His solution to getting a better prize was quitting comp and playing catching events, great one indeed.

You don't need to get so triggered by the term "irrelevant" unless you actually feel that you are. 

33 minutes ago, SodaNaranja said:

Bilburt is handsome, fite me in chess if you think otherwise plebs.

2ctcou.jpg

2cti1h.jpg

50 minutes ago, Bilburt said:

this is way too vague to be of any use, you keep complaining about the "comp scene" but you never offer solutions, you tell us to be "creative" but I have no idea what thats supposed to mean, I explained to you that the prize pool is too small for me to continuously give out prizes you guys want. If you cant offer solutions or at least a good debate, what are you making these threads for. Unless you actually have any good feedback, stop wasting my time.

If your hands are tied with respect to what kind of shinies you can give out, then increase the yen payout for 1st place when the shiny is of a much lower tier. 

9 hours ago, redspawn said:

You could've just told him to stop calling others irrelevant but you had to go the extra step, right? 

Just now, Goku said:

I agree with @redspawn. Calling a player out like that and telling him that he isn't even relevant is childish af. If you have no respect for players other than yourself, keep your idiotic comments to yourself.

9 hours ago, redspawn said:

Selective blindness is a real thing nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

If your hands are tied with respect to what kind of shinies you can give out, then increase the yen payout for 1st place when the shiny is of a much lower tier. 

theres a select amount of money i can give out, If I increase 1st place pay out id have to decrease lower places pay out, and that wouldnt be respectfull to the effort they put in

Just now, Bilburt said:

theres a select amount of money i can give out, If I increase 1st place pay out id have to decrease lower places pay out, and that wouldnt be respectfull to the effort they put in

That's the problem then, isn't it? Increase the payouts for lower tier shinies because it's equally not respectful for someone who wins 128 man tour to win a much lower tier shiny than the other with the same yen payout + effort. 

3 hours ago, Bilburt said:

Extend the prizes to not just one tier have you guys talked about that? i mean orange's idea was really good.

Another one would be raise the Yen is another option when you guys feel like the prize is lower.

1 hour ago, Bilburt said:

Now that''s a kind of answer we want if we have that kind o limitations.

Make a new post and ask the entire forums for a solution i believe that everyone would have some good idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Telling a comp player to quit comp i see it as an insult, but i'm old enough to not keep talking about this so i'm going to forget about it.

Edited by Takens
Just now, NikhilR said:

That's the problem then, isn't it? Increase the payouts for lower tier shinies because it's equally not respectful for someone who wins 128 man tour to win a much lower tier shiny than the other with the same yen payout + effort. 

thats not something I can change, nor do I think it will ever get changed. 

I make these tournaments for you guys, and it honestly bothers me when people arent satisfied with the effort I put in , and Im looking for ways to improve these tournaments. I just dont know how.

Just now, Takens said:

Extend the prizes to not just one tier have you guys talked about that? i mean orange's idea was really good.

Another one would be raise the Yen is another option when you guys feel like the prize is lower.

I talked about both of these ideas, please read my previous posts.

1 minute ago, Takens said:

Now that''s a kind of answer we want if we have that kind o limitations.

Make a new post and ask the entire forums for a solution i believe that everyone would have some good idea.

this is what event suggestions is for, if you are unsatisfied with the amount of money given out, make a suggestion there

Just now, Bilburt said:

I make these tournaments for you guys, and it honestly bothers me when people arent satisfied with the effort I put in , and Im looking for ways to improve these tournaments. I just dont know how.

You should talk to your higher-ups about the problem then. I totally get that you're not at fault, and no one's blaming you or anything because I know you're doing the best you can. 

10 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

The problem imo, is the system itself, which has a ton of flaws, and @Bilburt can you just confirm me this? Who gives you the shiny choices for the tournaments, isn't that Squirtle?

From what I understood, they are under the impression that a untradable shiny, can spoil the shiny market, and remove value from X shinies. But hey, nobody is asking them to give 20 charizards, just like, mix things up a bit, stop giving the same old repeat shiny over and over, Unova brought a lot of species, sometimes, it doens't even need to be a shiny in the tier played, for it to be an interesting prize. 

Edited by redspawn
1 hour ago, Bilburt said:

You guys don't have the blame on this, there are limitations on the things you all can do.

Talk to the higher ups and the players. Make a thread don't wait for them to do it because that's not going to happen.

52 minutes ago, NikhilR said:

Stop ganging up on my boy Takens. That guy ASmallDuck made a completely pooped post without having any idea about the effort that goes into being a comp player and started with the whole "childish" comments nonsense. His solution to getting a better prize was quitting comp and playing catching events, great one indeed.

The "solution" was only for Taken considering he finds that tourney prizes are so much worse than a catching event prize and are much easier to get as they require no effort.

If he finds catching event prizes much better and requires less effort then he can go play catching events. 

All the guy did was cry, moan and complain, rather than offering a suggestion. 

Thankfully the thread did have suggestions after all the QQ he posted.

41 minutes ago, Takens said:

You guys don't have the blame on this, there are limitations on the things you all can do.

Talk to the higher ups and the players. Make a thread don't wait for them to do it because that's not going to happen.

Now they don't have any blame of this? Did you say "staff is lazy now days.". Make up your mind. Who are you trying to blame this on?