Why is my obedience cap at level 62 after 8 badges? Why is my starter disobeying?

You answered your own question here. As you can see on your trainer card, your max obedience is level 62, and your Blastoise is level 67.  If you attempt to use a Pokémon that is above your obedience level, it will faint itself. 

8 minutes ago, TrainerAce said:

According to this link Pokemon at ANY level should be tame since I hold 8 badges.

The PokeMMO Wiki is outdated and not really reliable anymore. The forums is the best place to find most information. 

• 1 year later...
16 hours ago, Magicfist said:

I defeated the Elite 4 in Unova, but I also exited the Team Plasma tower because I need to grind some more. But for some reason, my level cap is still 56 and I also can't fight the Elite 4 anymore. Was this intentional, or an actual bug?

Talk to the Team Plasma grunt in the Pokemon League Pokecenter to be taken back to the castle and finish the storyline. It's the same in the actual games.

21 hours ago, Magicfist said:

I defeated the Elite 4 in Unova, but I also exited the Team Plasma tower because I need to grind some more. But for some reason, my level cap is still 56 and I also can't fight the Elite 4 anymore. Was this intentional, or an actual bug?

You must defeat N and Ghestis with

Spoiler

Zekrom

in order to get your obedience to reach 100 in Unova. As Dibz said, talk to the team plasma grunt within the Pokémon League Pokémon Center to be sent to N's castle to battle them.