Smokeball consumable?

I've always assumed it was so people would buy repels. If we had access to a smoke ball I would say some percentage of the community would stop buying repels. To add the smoke ball would give a small boost to shiny hunting and nature hunting (synchronize Abra)

ThePrettyPetard. Thank you for seeing my point and explaining it better than I could.

I don't think people would stop buying repells, since Repell does a very different job than a Smokeball.

Repell lets you avoid encounters after all and skip the daunting battleanimations.

Smokeball only lets your slow Pokemon escape from a battle.

Why would you use a lvl 1 Abra, when you can just use a lvl 100 Abra. 

Smokeball might alow farming with a Synchronize Abra faster, but it gets done anyways. (I didn't even know this was a thing until you said it)

Edited by Diimiitrii
11 hours ago, Kizhaz said:

I've always assumed it was so people would buy repels. If we had access to a smoke ball I would say some percentage of the community would stop buying repels. To add the smoke ball would give a small boost to shiny hunting and nature hunting (synchronize Abra)

Well the syncronize has allready a bigger and better way to be exploited has redspawn said 

i would like to know how it would help shiny hunting in a way that isn't done allready tho if you could eleborate some more

A Player does not want to skip these usually. They are free rare Pokemon, which are not gifted.

It is more to skip annoying Pokemon like Tentacools, which do basically nothing but stalling. they are not dangerous, they only cost time.

I have not once in my life even considered fleeing from a static encounter. But also I don't see the benefit of doing it. these encounters are not hard, they are basically free Xp or a free rare pokemon.

Escaping them would just be plain stupid.

4 minutes ago, Diimiitrii said:

A Player does not want to skip these usually. They are free rare Pokemon, which are not gifted.

It is more to skip annoying Pokemon like Tentacools, which do basically nothing but stalling. they are not dangerous, they only cost time.

I have not once in my life even considered fleeing from a static encounter. But also I don't see the benefit of doing it. these encounters are not hard, they are basically free Xp or a free rare pokemon.

Escaping them would just be plain stupid.

Battling them is a waste of time for whoever wants to rush through the story in order to reach end game content faster. Electrode is also so fast that it might outspeed your trained mon and make it difficult for you to escape naturally, so smokeball would help a lot.

You can also just not talk to the static electrodes, since they are entirely optional always. There is always a way to only loot the items and not interact with the electrodes.

You cannot tell me, that you are destroying an entirely normal item, because of ~1 or 2 mandatory static wild encounters, which are no trouble to beat at all.

That is just a riddiculous argumentation.

In Kanto it is one mandatory Snorlax and in Hoenn there is no mandatory encounter. In both Kanto and Hoenn you can just pick the Items from the Rocket Hideout without talking to the electrodes.

Not batteling them is easily achieved by a repell. If you rush through the story you are using repells, because it is a million times faster, than a smoke ball.

Also, someone who rushes through the story is using a gengar. Gengar does not need a smokeball ever. He just escapes. Smokeball only has value on slow pokemon. Nobody uses a slow Pokemon to rush through the story. That defeats the purpose of "rushing".

Anyway. It does not matter anymore. My Pokemon are lvl 60 now and even my Slowbro can escape from every wild encounter without any trouble. I will not think about Smokeball ever again, because it has no use for me anymore even if it worked properly.

Edited by Diimiitrii
2 hours ago, Diimiitrii said:

Anyway. It does not matter anymore. My Pokemon are lvl 60 now and even my Slowbro can escape from every wild encounter without any trouble. I will not think about Smokeball ever again, because it has no use for me anymore even if it worked properly.

unless you wanna teach your pokemon explosion in the future i guess you wont have a need for smoke balls

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

Why keep beating a dead horse?

Because I hate being unreasonable. And that is a very unreasonable decision to change the item from non-consumable to consumable.

Nobody brought up a single valid point why a working smokeball would "abuse" any mechanics, which are not already abused. fe by a dead abra in position 1.

-Smokeball doesn't have an impact on repells, because they achieve different things.

-Pokedolls are an item that is dead and has always been dead anyways.

-People with ton's of money, do not care about the laughable prices for a repell at the market.

Even I buy them in stacks of 100 and I am not even done with the story yet. And I would still buy and use repells even if smokeball worked.

6 minutes ago, Diimiitrii said:

Smokeball doesn't have an impact on repells, because they achieve different things.

-Pokedolls are an item that is dead and has always been dead anyways.

-People with ton's of money, do not care about the laughable prices for a repell at the market.

You see, people don't care, that's exactly the point. They don't have to care, if they want to consume they have to pay. The developers are the ones that have to care. And if everyone wastes 10k in repels daily, in the long run, that's a lot. 

Pokedolls is dead content just as smokeball is since, well, they're the same item, just one is equipped and the other isnt. But since the idea is to run away, does that even matter?

No, smokeballs and repels aren't the same. Can be used for the same, but repel will remain optimal for that and has other uses. Biggest repel use there is, is for shiny hunting, you can find more info about that in a couple guides, in the guide section of this forum.

think of it as your playing WoW (an MMO) you have temporary buffs in your inventory, you equip the buff to be able to use it whenever needed in this case running from a strong enemy that buff is used then destroyed. *never played wow so i just used a random mmo as example*

that is the smoke ball in a nutshell

Edited by GodofKawaii

No it is not. because Pokedoll is the same buff and it is less expensive and it does not require you to equip it to your pokemon beforehand.

Smokeball as it is would be better off not working at all, than getting used for one stupid escape.

Edited by Diimiitrii

Smoke balls require you to farm for them, which costs you time and pokeballs. And it is not guaranteed you get one either. 

And all of that fighting and grinding to escape from one random encounter?

You have to be insane if you believe that sounds like anyone would do that instead of going to the market and buying a pokedoll, which costs you 2 uses of payday.

Edited by Diimiitrii

you just need a thief quagsire on the 2nd slot an alive pickup pokemon on the first when you encounter a koffing switch to quagsire then thief, if no item then kill it and pickup may activate and give you one or if the quagsire gets a smoke ball you can still kill it afterwards and pickup may still find a smokeball also, the point of the game is farming its an "MMO"

Edited by GodofKawaii

forgot to mention with the pickup mon yeah you can payday the other wild pokemon until you find a koffing and still get a smokeball via pickup, see you figuired out one of the many easy ways to get a smokeball without my blabbing if your done you should ask a mod to close this thread

Edited by GodofKawaii

I don't want to find ways to get a smokeball. I know how to get smokeballs and farm items you baloonhead.

I want to understand why smokeball got changed from a viable item to a useless item. The only purpose of smokeball now is to learn explosion and it get's consumed while doing so.

I guarantee you, there is not a single player on this server who farms smokeballs for the purpose of using them to escape from ONE single fucking random encounter.

Or do you think someone will farm 30.000 Smokeballs to go shiny hunting? while he has to equip a new smokeball to his leading pokemon whenever he fled a battle?

What you are basically saying is: Because you can just farm Leftovers by stealing them from Snorlax, Leftovers should be consumed after every battle.

Edited by Diimiitrii

many shiny hunters use a pickup pokemon and payday the wilds while they wait to encounter a shiny and of course come prepared with a damp pokemon such as myself

BJQmZ4o.png

Edit: no devs didnt make leftovers one time use because there are berries which can be farmed as consumables while held in battle

Edited by GodofKawaii

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT!

You are talking about FARMING a fucking smokeball or hunting shinies. That is NOT what this threat is about. I hope you are not native english, otherwise there is no way someone can have so much trouble understanding words. 

What you are basically saying is: Because you can just farm Leftovers by stealing them from Snorlax, Leftovers should be consumed after every battle.

I don't care about shiny hunting, I don't care about damp or payday or falseswipe and spore, I know how to farm you god damn baloonhead. 

7 minutes ago, GodofKawaii said:

devs didnt make leftovers one time use because there are berries which can be farmed as consumables while held in battle

okay im done good day to you salty sir

Edited by GodofKawaii