Team Tournament June (30th, Saturday)

22 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

If you are assuming just because more people participate per team that the prize pool will magically increase you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Logic > Squirtle

More people participating should equal higher payout or are we just dumb for assuming that trying to bring higher turnouts for official events is just a fuck you to everyone?

6 hours ago, Bearminator said:

We will not change this amount right now,  but 5 tiers  TT is few months ahead anyway so dont worry about it

Edit - it means that we dont plan to increase prize of TT

When you say “increase” are you referring to the amount awarded to each individual finalist or are you referring to increasing the total prize pool from 3m to 5m?

3 hours ago, Zymogen said:

When you say “increase” are you referring to the amount awarded to each individual finalist or are you referring to increasing the total prize pool from 3m to 5m?

5 tiers TT had 3m total prize and that will most likely not change. But as I have said there's no really point of discussing it since we're for sure few months before it, if it will be a thing.

1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

5 tiers TT had 3m total prize and that will most likely not change. But as I have said there's no really point of discussing it since we're for sure few months before it, if it will be a thing.

Discussing it now may allow us to eliminate the problem before it emerges, I don't understand the reasoning behind putting off the discussion until we reach a point where the players are upset that the most prestigious tournament in PokeMMO is given an underwhelming prize, its not as if the discussion is a resource heavy, I'm sure everyone here is willing to listen to the potential damage raising a split prize pool will have on the game's economy. TT should be treated in accordance to its status.

52 minutes ago, Havsha said:

Discussing it now may allow us to eliminate the problem before it emerges, I don't understand the reasoning behind putting off the discussion until we reach a point where the players are upset that the most prestigious tournament in PokeMMO is given an underwhelming prize, its not as if the discussion is a resource heavy, I'm sure everyone here is willing to listen to the potential damage raising a split prize pool will have on the game's economy. TT should be treated in accordance to its status.

Because for now it's "staff, please consider giving 5 tiers TT bigger prize pool", when 5 tier TT is not a thing. With Squirtle stating above that there will be no buff in prize for Team Tournament, we can assume it will not change. Ofc you can argue with it, Im not going to stop you, but I just dont think that we really need to put effort into this since its not a thing, and will most likely not be a thing for a while. 

I don't think current 3m prize is underwhelming in this moment. We just increased prize pool from 1,95m into 3m and it's huge raise. 

14 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

Because for now it's "staff, please consider giving 5 tiers TT bigger prize pool", when 5 tier TT is not a thing. With Squirtle stating above that there will be no buff in prize for Team Tournament, we can assume it will not change. Ofc you can argue with it, Im not going to stop you, but I just dont think that we really need to put effort into this since its not a thing, and will most likely not be a thing for a while. 

I don't think current 3m prize is underwhelming in this moment. We just increased prize pool from 1,95m into 3m and it's huge raise. 

Don't get me wrong, I believe the current prize pool is just fine for TT's 3m is 1m per representative in the final round, which is still less than standard officials, but alright the glory of winning a TT can take the spot of the shiny, but when 5 tiers is eventually added, itll mean more prep needed from the teams, which means more time/money invested into prepping, so logically the prize pool should reflectt his and increase too, perhaps to 5m, where it is 1m to each representative. I believe its important that staff and devs alike take a genuine look at what the community is asking for, but again please don't interpret this as a backlash towards you in anyway, I appreciate the increase of the prize pool to 3m for 3 tier tts.

@Squirtle since it seems as if it is important for you to read this and other opinions from the community

Didn't we have like no prize for winning before? Let's be grateful we get anything. 3M is plenty for 5 players on a team winning the dang TT (600k each). It's the dang TT! Ain't no one playing this shit for the prizepool, they're playing it for the GLORY. 

Don't be hoes. Reap the glory. If you want cash go play the weak af CC's that are free money grabs for good players. 

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Didn't we have like no prize for winning before? Let's be grateful we get anything. 3M is plenty for 5 players on a team winning the dang TT (600k each). It's the dang TT! Ain't no one playing this shit for the prizepool, they're playing it for the GLORY. 

Don't be hoes. Reap the glory. If you want cash go play the weak af CC's that are free money grabs for good players. 

Na be real JJ the fact that "weak af CCs" pay more than TT is an issue

30 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

As with all events, we must keep in mind how much tradable goods we're bringing into the game, this is why we don't randomly just give out 10m valued prizes anymore. The TT has been budgeted to 3m which can be spread out however the host deems fit, but that's what he's got to work with, so increasing the players won't increase prize pool.

This is why I used to have buy in's which contributed to the overall yen rewards, because additional yen wasn't spawned in which is what Squirtle wants to control.

I understand what you're saying though, I really do, and I do think a lot of staff members want more interesting ways to reward winners without having to worry about spawning in heaps of currencies.

44 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

It really isn't.

In all honesty, I think we should be thanking the dev team for giving us an opportunity to farm cash so easily every week in the form of CC's. If you're playing the TT to earn PokeYen you're doing it wrong. 

3 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

1) In all honesty, I think we should be thanking the dev team for giving us an opportunity to farm cash so easily every week in the form of CC's.

2) If you're playing the TT to earn PokeYen you're doing it wrong. 

1) Well I mean they've gotta give us at least one decent way of grinding money right? 

2) That's far from what I was implying and you know it lmao

3 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

1) Well I mean they've gotta give us at least one decent way of grinding money right? 

Take advantage of the nubs ez.

3 minutes ago, Zymogen said:

2) That's far from what I was implying and you know it lmao

No reason to be greedy when the prize is already fair, even if it's 3m split 5 ways instead of 3.

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Take advantage of the nubs ez.

No reason to be greedy when the prize is already fair, even if it's 3m split 5 ways instead of 3.

JJ, my fellow biology enthusiast, lemme explain it this way:

Take the whole TT prize debate as if it's DNA synthesis, and that the devs are DNA polymerases, the players are nucleotides and I am topoisomerase.

We trialed 5 tiers in TT which was gucci for a while, but the prize pool was booty; the devs took a step in the right direction by bringing it back down to 3 and increasing the individual payout from 650k to 1m. That is to say, DNA was being synthesised in the 5'->3' direction, u dig bigboi? This way, adenine is getting friendly wit thymine (we ain't about that homewrecker uracil) and cytosine is def flirting wit guanine - how it's supposed to be.

Now picture this, but reversed. If we start at 3 tiers and 1m per player like it is now, and increase the number of tiers to 5 and thereby decrease individual payout to approximately 600k each, this is just a recipe for disaster. Absolutely catastrophic I tell u. We all know that DNA polymerases ain't finna polymerise nucleic acids in the 3'->5' direction fam, that'd be asking for all kinds of cytogenetic lesions that would cause adenine to cheat on thymine and guanine to cheat on cytosine and it would all become one big incestuous mess. Trust me.

I'm merely tryna be a responsible topoisomerase and release the tension between the players and the devs by facilitating this discussion. Comprende hombre? 

Spoiler

tl;dr if the devs increase the number of tiers to 5 and decrease the prize pool, we're all gunna get cancer

Spoiler

as if u haven't already developed it after reading this post

@Zymogen  I can respect a good topoisomerase but we have to look at the bigger picture here. An error in DNA synthesis will not survive for long and fortunately we have several fail-safe measures in place to correct any errors at hand. The end-goal of DNA replication is to produce functional DNA, in order to eventually make some really solid proteins down the road for all the body's functions. Do a couple mismatched nucleotides really matter that much at all? No not really. DNA, like the TT itself, is a miraculous thing and no matter how tense or broken it might be it can usually get patched up. What I fear you're trying to do is to supplement as many B vitamins as you can to enhance an already great system. The efficacy just really isn't there when you look at it by the numbers. Our DNA (the TT) will always be great so long as we end up with some high quality strands (teams) in the end. No matter how many fresh B-vitamins you're trying to supplement, the body is still going to do its thing.