Rework the BP - Yen ratio of some items in battle frontier

razimove

Question

Soo as everyone knows, BP is a currency, just like any other, and with it, you can buy items that hold value in the main currency.

That being said, some of those items are really overpriced, in this case braces. Could they be, I wouldn't say halved, but at least tweaked a bit down?

2 answers to this question

Just now, redspawn said:

in this case braces. Could they be, I wouldn't say halved, but at least tweaked a bit down?

When we set out to price braces in BP we specifically wanted to make sure they were placed as more expensive (In a ratio of time:reward) than their pure yen counterparts, as we did not want BP to become the optimal way to obtain them.

We did this because braces are one of our best yen sinks, and we don't want to undermine it.

Speaking personally now, I think including braces in the BP prize pool altogether was a mistake, as it's better for trade and the economy for things to be obtainable from many different sources  (not just streamlined through BP - which has a fair bit going for it at this stage and especially so with the coming update).

On 6/17/2018 at 1:20 PM, Darkshade said:

When we set out to price braces in BP we specifically wanted to make sure they were placed as more expensive (In a ratio of time:reward) than their pure yen counterparts, as we did not want BP to become the optimal way to obtain them.

We did this because braces are one of our best yen sinks, and we don't want to undermine it.

Speaking personally now, I think including braces in the BP prize pool altogether was a mistake, as it's better for trade and the economy for things to be obtainable from many different sources  (not just streamlined through BP - which has a fair bit going for it at this stage and especially so with the coming update).

don't worry to much about brace selling with BP  has with the current rate for BP they would need to sell at around 400 BP to be worth considering and since they sell for nearly double that even selling a choice item for 150k (wich is ridiculusly cheap right now) would be a better allternative to buying brace with BP. 

for your argument about the money sink you're for sure right about it being the best money sink but the economy seems to be going on a deflation right now most likely becaus to much is getting into those sink so making brace more affordable with BP could potentially stabilize the economy a little more so it's worth considering in my opinion.