[Unofficial] Future Update Changes

1 hour ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Though technically, games like clash of clans, boom beach, and pokemon go are also free

??? CoC and PokemonGO have way more developers, you can't just compare them because they are both free games. Also, how many times do you need to make yourself look like a clown trying to discuss the same thing over and over? I am genuinely interested at this point.

40 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

??? CoC and PokemonGO have way more developers, you can't just compare them because they are both free games. Also, how many times do you need to make yourself look like a clown trying to discuss the same thing over and over? I am genuinely interested at this point.

Also they're pretty p2w if you want to be someone in them and they're not even relevant to mmo development.

Edited by razimove
1 hour ago, razimove said:

Also they're pretty p2w if you want to be someone in them and they're not even relevant to mmo development.

Same could be said here. You have to pay in order to get reward points which get you vanities or boosts.

And before you say, “It’s called Donations”, I’ll counter-argue with this.

If it really was “donations”, then you wouldn’t have to pay anything to get all those reward points.

In other words, “donations” here are really in-game purchases. Exactly like in COC and PoGo.

You can get the special currency in those games the free way(Taking over Gyms in PoGo/Removing Obstacles, achievements, Clan Games, etc. in COC) or the money way(in-app purchases)

Same case here; you can get reward points the free way(Catching Contests, Tourneys, Trivia, etc) or the money way(in-game purchase)

So if you’re saying that buying Reward Points here is a “donation”, then it’s also a donation to buy Gems in CoC and PokeCoins in PoGo.

Edited by BoltBlades12
5 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Same could be said here. You have to pay in order to get reward points which get you vanities or boosts.

And before you say, “It’s called Donations”, I’ll counter-argue with this.

If it really was “donations”, then you wouldn’t have to pay anything to get all those reward points.

In other words, “donations” here are really in-game purchases. Exactly like in COC and PoGo.

You can get the special currency in those games the free way(Taking over Gyms in PoGo/Removing Obstacles, achievements, Clan Games, etc. in COC) or the money way(in-app purchases)

Same case here; you can get reward points the free way(Catching Contests, Tourneys, Trivia, etc) or the money way(in-game purchase)

So if you’re saying that buying Reward Points here is a “donation”, then it’s also a donation to buy Gems in CoC and PokeCoins in PoGo.

Yeah but with all those vanities and boosts you can still get smashed by someone in tournaments who probably didn't pay a single cent for rp. Ergo it's not pay to win.

6 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Same could be said here.

No it cant.

7 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

You have to pay in order to get reward points which get you vanities or boosts.

You don't need RP to obtain any sort of item other than amnesia brace.

7 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

No they arent. You can buy every mon in the game, and I'd give you a beatdown due to my experience in comp and team preparation, they do not make you a good player here.

Just now, suigin said:

Yeah but with all those vanities and boosts you can still get smashed by someone in tournaments who probably didn't pay a single cent for rp. Ergo it's not pay to win.

Same could be said in CoC and PoGo.

Someone could Gem their way to TH12 and still get bodied by a player who didn’t spend a cent.

Or someone could get bodied in PoGo who spend their coins on Incubators to hatch good PvP mons, and still get beaten by someone who didn’t spend anything.

So if MMO isn’t P2W, then neither is COC or PoGo

3 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Same could be said in CoC and PoGo.

Someone could Gem their way to TH12 and still get bodied by a player who didn’t spend a cent.

Or someone could get bodied in PoGo who spend their coins on Incubators to hatch good PvP mons, and still get beaten by someone who didn’t spend anything.

So if MMO isn’t P2W, then neither is COC or PoGo

Look, I'm not going to discuss both games, but just to clarify, gems in CoC allows you to afford everything, being that troops, gold, wtv, by any mean necessary, you can be the worst player in the world, but since you're costantly with refills 'unit wise', you're allowed to keep on pushing the ladder. Same happens in most gacha mobile games, a good example being one I actually played for a while, Summoners Wars, me, an almost f2p player, am never even on an equal chance to compete with the current rank 10 in real time arena, due to the sheer amount they spent simply.

49 minutes ago, razimove said:

No they aren't. You can buy every mon in the game, and I'd give you a beatdown due to my experience in comp and team preparation, they do not make you a good player here.

You can also do that in PoGo. Or even in CoC in that matter.

You can get every mon/troop and still get beaten.

Saying it’s an in-game purchase in one game(PoGo/CoC) and calling it a “donation” in another game is just false advertising and lying.

49 minutes ago, razimove said:

You don't need RP to obtain any sort of item other than amnesia brace.

Technically you do. Because how do you think those people were able to put the vanities on GTL? Someone had to use reward points to get that vanity from the gift shop, whether it be Devil Wings or the limited time Flaming Skull Heads, or even the ocarinas.

If you think about it, the only reason there’re Gift Shop vanities on GTL is because someone had to use reward points and buy said vanity from the Gift Shop.

42 minutes ago, razimove said:

Look, I'm not going to discuss both games, but just to clarify, gems in CoC allows you to afford everything, being that troops, gold, wtv, by any mean necessary, you can be the worst player in the world, but since you're costantly with refills 'unit wise', you're allowed to keep on pushing the ladder. Same happens in most gacha mobile games, a good example being one I actually played for a while, Summoners Wars, me, an almost f2p player, am never even on an equal chance to compete with the current rank 10 in real time arena, due to the sheer amount they spent simply.

But what Gems cannot do is get you higher trophy ranks like Master or Titan. I can’t spend $1 mill on Gems and automatically become top player in CoC.

Even in PoGo, I could spend $1 mill on PokeCoins. But it doesn’t mean I’m gonna get a perfect IV shiny kyogre.

Again, calling it in-app purchases in those games but calling it a “donation” in MMO is just false advertising and a lie.

But now let’s get it back onto the topic of future updates before the thread gets shut down for drifting topics.

I’ve made my points, given evidence, and I’ll make another thread if I must.

Anyways, AHEM.

We should keep this thread recent.

On 7/10/2019 at 3:23 PM, Quakkz said:

why has this topic died btw? :(

@Kyu give us an update please on the current situation / progress. i think everybody would appreciate this. Doesnt need to be an ETA or something, just a sign of life

This Topic died because I became staff and was no longer able to be impartial about what was discussed, speculation about these types of things are irresponsible when you have some form of perceived authority as people are unlikely to question it.

I left the thread open because I thought some people would be curious to look back at it, however as I am not going to be updating this thread and because it is very old and will likely be out-of-date on several things I will be closing my own thread now, there's nothing stopping someone from attempting to make their own thread of this type but again it's irresponsible of me to do it anymore.

• Matoka locked this topic