[Unofficial] Future Update Changes

3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

It's unlikely they'll be brought back as in the original games, we require these sinks to be used as often as possible so that were sinking BP as it is being generated.

isn't the brace used for breeding now buyable with BP tho? those alone are a massive sink for BP so much that item bought with BP only had a pretty big raise in price. do we really need another sink for this?

1 minute ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

isn't the brace used for breeding now buyable with BP tho? those alone are a massive sink for BP so much that item bought with BP only had a pretty big raise in price. do we really need another sink for this?

Yes, but BP doesn't have much exclusive to it - and no, the braces alone are not enough.

1 minute ago, Darkshade said:

Next update is being considered to be a big battle mechanics update, part of me is curious if Team Preview is associated with battle mechanics or if that is still a while away.

Is there any chance you would be able to comment on Team Preview at all? 

@Darkshade

I could see that fine in pvp fights, though it's a pity not being able to use those in the particular pve that is the battle tower. :c

I mean, the difference is in pvp you can still replace the consumed item after the fight, but in battle tower you can't put another "copy" of the item while being inside. If there was that possibility, I'd be fine stocking up on berries or consumable and replace it after use tho

Edited by Megumin
50 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Next update is being considered to be a big battle mechanics update, part of me is curious if Team Preview is associated with battle mechanics or if that is still a while away.

Is there any chance you would be able to comment on Team Preview at all? 

You'd have to ask @Kyu, it had not been started the last time I had checked.

It is of my understanding that is not an easy mechanic to implement, but definitely something we want to include when time is available.

6 minutes ago, Megumin said:

@Darkshade

I could see that fine in pvp fights, though it's a pity not being able to use those in the particular pve that is the battle tower. :c

I mean, the difference is in pvp you can still replace the consumed item after the fight, but in battle tower you can't put another "copy" of the item while being inside. If there was that possibility, I'd be fine stocking up on berries or consumable and replace it after use tho

I understand - this seems like more of an issue with the tower mechanics than it does the consumability of these items.

We may look into this.

Currently phoneposting so responses might be slow.

11 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Yes, but BP doesn't have much exclusive to it - and no, the braces alone are not enough.

even if BP doesn't have much exclusive the choice item and life orb are allready selling for pretty high price adding more consumable will just make the value of BP raise again when it's allready pretty high.

4 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

I understand - this seems like more of an issue with the tower mechanics than it does the consumability of these items.

We may look into this.

Currently phoneposting so responses might be slow.

Thanks a lot, it is indeed something that remained a bit underlooked cause it is something less played than other things on the game.

Really appreciate the attention, I'll keep hoping for some changes then

9 hours ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

even if BP doesn't have much exclusive the choice item and life orb are allready selling for pretty high price

While true, because these items aren't being sunk, they're unreliable for keeping BP influx stable, and are destined to become oversaturated. 

Of course this is somewhat dependant on the playerbase and how many new players join the game, but this is not something we have direct control over and therefore would not be wise to rely on for stability.

6 hours ago, Zymogen said:

You want credit for the research that other people conducted in order to answer your question?

Man this is stupid i made those questions on my last thread to Kyu, but not much to say about those trashy players that never did it.

Proof: 

Edited by Takens
Providing Proof
2 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

While true, because these items aren't being sunk, they're unreliable for keeping BP influx stable, and are destined to become oversaturated. 

Of course this is somewhat dependant on the playerbase and how many new players join the game, but this is not something we have direct control over and therefore would be wise to rely on for stability.

even if it is true that once these item are being generated that they will always stay, most of them never go back on the market has many comp player hate to move around those item so many just buy one for each of their pokemon so these item do get sinked in a way since they will keep making new pokemon and need new item. 

in my opinion BP won't need any more sink until the value of those item become equal to the ratio 1 BP = 13.3 pokeyen wich is the ratio the brace have if you bought them with bp to sell them in pokeyen to be the same has the npc. at the curent time the choice item sell at a ratio of 1:25.5 wich is why you may think that the brace aren't a good sink if you have access to the number of people who buy them with BP has it isn't a good idea for them since they can buy more with pokeyen if they sell choice item insted. 

what the BP need isn't more sink but rather a better one. lowering the brace price to be closer to par with the other item ratio would get rid of much more bp in my opinion since much more people would buy them.

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

@Kyu Any chance for input on Team Preview? I'm guessing it's not scheduled for the next update. 

It's not been done yet, but it's on the shortlist for implementation after Android hits general availability

1 hour ago, PrettyMelody said:

@Kyu can we get personalized team ranks in this next update? :)

Probably not for this one, sorry. I have made a feature request for it internally though

2 minutes ago, Kyu said:

It's not been done yet, but it's on the shortlist for implementation after Android hits general availability

Probably not for this one, sorry. I have made a feature request for it internally though

Hype! Thank you for communicating with us so much recently, I'm sure lots of us appreciate it.

It's great to see everything back on track after january's hiccup.

2 hours ago, Darkshade said:

Yes, it will also be consumed among some other items (Cell Battery etc.). Their price will be modified to compensate for this change.

It's unlikely they'll be brought back as in the original games, we require these sinks to be used as often as possible so that were sinking BP as it is being generated.

We ll be able to see if the enemy is holding an air balloon Right?

@Kyu or @Darkshade

1. I doubt you guys are planning on cramming all pokemons with HAs in a single dungeon so do you guys have a plan on what HAs to add first? Can we get a rough estimate on how many are being added?

2. Will the dungeons have a time limit inside or a cooldown?

3. It was mentioned that the new dungeon will be in Kanto, will players need to Beat E4 or progressed far enough in the story to participate?

23 minutes ago, Archiver said:

@Kyu or @Darkshade

1. I doubt you guys are planning on cramming all pokemons with HAs in a single dungeon so do you guys have a plan on what HAs to add first? Can we get a rough estimate on how many are being added?

A rough number would be "at least a dozen evolution trees." There are a lot of HA species to release, so we're not being picky.

To prevent confusion as to what does and doesn't an HA in-game, we're just going to be restricting the wild encounters to species which can have HAs. Generally, their release will be themed upon the area, e.g. a Jungle area may have Grass/Water/? wild encounters.

2. Will the dungeons have a time limit inside or a cooldown?

We don't plan on enforcing a time limit while inside the area. The limiting factor will be the items you take with you, since you'll be using a separate bag with limited slots.

There will be cooldowns associated with them, since there are more prizes inside than just the legendaries. They'll be invoked immediately on entrance, but the cd duration is undecided

3. It was mentioned that the new dungeon will be in Kanto, will players need to Beat E4 or progressed far enough in the story to participate?

Yes. I don't expect us to introduce instances in the middle of the storyline since it's so short

Edited by Kyu