[Unofficial] Future Update Changes

Great idea man. The only thing you could add are sources but even without them it's still very helpful.

For a second i thought something like this could be updated by devs themself but then I realized how every production works, how many things are scrapped, how ideas changes, how projects slip for later dates due to problems etc. I hope this topic will not make them more shy to speak about plans :D

Edited by Toupi
6 minutes ago, Toupi said:

Great idea man. The only thing you could add are sources but even without them it's still very helpful.

For a second i thought something like this could be updated by devs themself but then I realized how every production works, how many things are scrapped, how ideas changes, how projects slip for later dates due to problems etc. I hope this topic will not make them more shy to speak about plans :D

I did add sources though, for the most part. it's the purple tag under, or do you mean links to that? that would make me wanna rip my hair out so I doubt i'll go that far. please just trust me i guess xd

Just now, Matoka said:

I did add sources though, for the most part. it's the purple tag under, or do you mean links to that? that would make me wanna rip my hair out so I doubt i'll go that far. please just trust me i guess xd

I know it will be pain in the neck :D and all of that just for a minor convenience. It's good as it is right now.

I personally have no reasons to not trust you :P

Thanks for the effort to put them all together.

To add to the source suggestion by Toupi, to not make this a clusterfk, you could just place a spoiler, and order them by [1], etc so people don't start with the, show me proof or I dont believe q.q hurr durr.

1 hour ago, Matoka said:

Long-Term Update

• Implementation of the "Team Preview" feature in battles, allowing you to see all the pokemon in your opponents party before the start of a match, allowing better planning for possible threats. [Citation needed]

seeing them /hypothetically/ put off something so important for so long is really disheartening :/

56 minutes ago, Risadex said:

Really? I tought it would come in next update. RIP

1 hour ago, DeadGorilla said:

seeing them /hypothetically/ put off something so important for so long is really disheartening :/

I put it under long term because I have no idea when this is being added, Long-term is more for things that I have no basis on when they will happen.

stuff like team-preview and zoroark could be in the next update, or the update after that for all I know, basically anything where I can't get any idea on how long it'll be till it's added (or if I know for sure it'll take forever) i'll put in long-term.

so it could possibly be next update for all I know, i just don't have any confirmation for that. fingers crossed!

Edited by Matoka
9 hours ago, redspawn said:

Thanks for the effort to put them all together.

To add to the source suggestion by Toupi, to not make this a clusterfk, you could just place a spoiler, and order them by [1], etc so people like Takens don't start with the, show me proof or I dont believe q.q hurr durr.

Thanks to that thread i made and all i said and asked half of the information in this thread comes from it. You should be thanking me too instead of using my nick to get attention.

smh smd 

Edited by Takens
7 hours ago, Takens said:

Thanks to that thread i made and all i said and asked half of the information in this thread comes from it. You should be thanking me too instead of using my nick to get attention.

smh smd 

You want credit for the research that other people conducted in order to answer your question?

7 hours ago, Takens said:

smh smd 

omg, I should thank you so much, lmao. Takens please dude open your eyes once.

1 minute ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

just saying i am pretty sure kyu said something about lucky egg change in the next update. it's also kinda the reason the price crashed once again. kyu can litterally control the lucky egg market by just talking.

are you referring to this?

On 6/16/2018 at 3:58 AM, Kyu said:

I think the first dungeon is at least 2 months out from this post, so we will have at least one mechanics update out prior, to finish up skills/etc, and to probably work on refining PvP/PvE a bit more.

Right now, I'm not working on it, but other people are. Development will move faster once we're done with our skill/ability/item/android obligations, and I can refocus on it

It has been in development for a few months, yeah. We are working on mapping it out atm

At the moment, we are aiming to make it both 1P / 2P, with incentives for 2P. An earlier iteration was necessitating 2P, but eventually I ended up scrapping that, somewhat because of the negative feedback around the Christmas event

It won't really "feel" like anything else in the game, because we're going to be changing some important things, like resource management and how NPCs function in order to suit the gameplay. There are a lot of gameplay concepts which I'd like to play with in this one which should make it very different compared to the base game.

I'm not really sure what this means, but go long on lucky eggs

I didn't read this thread very well, but please feel free to @ me with questions if you want

11 hours ago, Kyu said:

I gave my opinion on the topic in another thread, but I'd like to link it here:

Note, this was in response to another player who was complaining about the saturation of goods in-game, and I assumed they were referring to things like Everstones.

As I mentioned above, I can't really help the fact that the traditional representations of wealth are being upended without changing how they drop. I don't think anyone wants their shiny chances lowered further though.

Within our current economic systems, the main 'solutions' which I would explore would be:

• Changing the baseline prices of farmed items like Everstones by enforcing NPC buy prices closer to their player-decided pricing. e.g. Everstones can now be sold to NPCs for 15k -> the price is now a minimum of 15k from the GTL. This has long-lasting repercussions, increasing the theoretical baseline cost of breeding. It has been done in a past update with Berries.
    • Increasing baseline prices for valuable yet useless items like Nuggets, or common "Typed items" like Sharp Beaks can be a useful way to buff Payday outputs though.
  • Making NPCs more accessible through PvE, without changing their build quality. This can be done through things like consumable buffs, e.g. X Attack & co. being moved to its Gen 7 mechanics, decreasing healing item prices, etc. This only applies to things which are actually hard.
  • More solely yen rewarding daily stuff like Lady Selphy which is in the base game but not here (Is this even fun?)
  • LuckyEggMMO (encourage players to dump wealth into items which are consumable/rare?)
  • Making NPCs payout more (dangerous)
    • Depending on who this buff is targeted towards, it may be more suitable to buff lower-end common NPCs which are of little consequence to established end-game players. Buffing high reward NPCs like the Elite 4 comes with much greater risk since the profit margins are dependent on player skill/strategy.

But, I think that the major flaw within the economy is the endgame which doesn't encourage people to refine their stuff and convert from "farmers" to "breeders" in the first place. I'm hoping that dungeons will fix that part since the PvP in this game is impenetrable for a lot of people and doesn't provide much motivation.

If there's anything else which you'd like my opinion on, let me know. Sorry that this post isn't better focused; This is a very complex topic with no easy answers

I'll note it, but I have no idea what this is implying if anything, though it seems to be implying that people will want Lucky eggs more?

2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

I'll note it, but I have no idea what this is implying if anything, though it seems to be implying that people will want Lucky eggs more?

I'd guess it's related to the lucky egg nerf, and their 'true' utility that tehy wanted to implement months ago?

3 minutes ago, Matoka said:

are you referring to this?

kyu said a while before that he had the idea to make lucky egg potentially a consumeable item that will give a boost in exp for a certain amount of time so he might be hinting that it's what he is planing on doing. in my opinion the nerf and the possible change to the lucky egg where not necesairy has the lucky eggs usually keep their value becaus people who buy one keep it the only thing that make the price change are pretty much only kyu's statement has it scare everyone.

1 minute ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

in my opinion the nerf and the possible change to the lucky egg where not necesairy has the lucky eggs usually keep their value becaus people who buy one keep it the only thing that make the price change are pretty much only kyu's statement has it scare everyone.

Not to get too off topic here but you need to take like, 20 seconds and think about this logic. If a lucky egg is something people only really need 1 of, their value is obviously going to deteriorate because demand will continue to shrink, while supply rises. Kyu talking about potential changes to them isn't having nearly as much of an effect as the actual reason Kyu wants to change how they work - they just aren't a good commodity at the moment. Making them consumable would actually increase demand and potentially help their value

1 minute ago, Gunthug said:

Not to get too off topic here but you need to take like, 20 seconds and think about this logic. If a lucky egg is something people only really need 1 of, their value is obviously going to deteriorate because demand will continue to shrink, while supply rises. Kyu talking about potential changes to them isn't having nearly as much of an effect as the actual reason Kyu wants to change how they work - they just aren't a good commodity at the moment. Making them consumable would actually increase demand and potentially help their value

true i can see the logic in what kyu want to do but the value of the egg is fairly stable (when kyu doesn't scare everyone) wich would mean that the influx of new player buy egg and keep them when they leave at a rate fairly close to the rate they are being made otherwise the value would have allready dropped much more (kyu scared everyone again so the price now isn't accurate).

20 hours ago, Matoka said:

• Focus Sash a while ago was mentioned to be now a consumable that will be far cheaper than the other items, but will need replacing after matches [Darkshade] 

@Darkshade I'd like to have some confirmations on other items too, if possible. I'm pretty much a co-op battle tower only player, and since as of right now consumable items are one-time-only in battle tower too, they are pretty much useless unfortunately. The thing is: in battle factory, if consumables are used, they actually do come back for the next battle. What about air balloon? Will it be the same as focus sash? If yes, even in battle tower or will it be made like battle factory/original games? Thanks in advance.

Really helpful post btw

5 minutes ago, Megumin said:

@Darkshade What about air balloon? Will it be the same as focus sash?

Yes, it will also be consumed among some other items (Cell Battery etc.). Their price will be modified to compensate for this change.

7 minutes ago, Megumin said:

@Darkshade If yes, even in battle tower or will it be made like battle factory/original games? Thanks in advance.

It's unlikely they'll be brought back as in the original games, we require these sinks to be used as often as possible so that were sinking BP as it is being generated.