Upcoming Update and Dungeons

12 minutes ago, Aerun said:

So you're saying that people who spent all their money just to breed their desired Shiny or people who worked hard to win a tournament with a Shiny which is not usable anymore because of the lack of HA doesn't mean anything to you guys?

No, I'm saying having them re-breed would be a boost to the economy, whether it would be good as a mechanic for that specific purpose or not.

Please do not attach connotations to my statements that aren't there.

EDIT: We will assess the shiny situation though.

Speaking personally again, Hidden Ability pills for Gift Prizes specifically may not be a terrible idea.

11 minutes ago, FNTCZ said:

But gift pokemon can't be bred so they aint being sunk tho

I'm specifically referring to bred-shinies exclusively.

22 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

No, I'm saying having them re-breed would be a boost to the economy, whether it would be good as a mechanic for that specific purpose or not.

Please do not attach connotations to my statements that aren't there.

EDIT: We will assess the shiny situation though.

Speaking personally again, Hidden Ability pills for Gift Prizes specifically may not be a terrible idea.

I mean, having to rebreed the Shinies got downsides whereas the HA pill doesn't have any and still is a boost to the economy.

For instance, if I wanna get Marvel Scale on my comp Shiny Dragonair, I will have to find a Shiny Dratini with a HA to then pass it to my comp. Honestly, how is that possible to you? Considering 'mons in that dungeon will probably not have a 100% chance to have the HA and even if it's not the case I'd still have to find/buy a HA Shiny Dratini.

Will say it again, the ability pills don't have any downsides and still are a boost to the economy without harming anyone.

12 minutes ago, Aerun said:

Imo, there should be a way to get a HA pill at a specific point in those dungeons, maybe with a very rare rate to get them.

Cons: ??

Pros: -Economy booster: the ability pills would be very rare and hard to get so people would sell them expensively.

-People would still have to go through the dungeon to hunt them.

-Would add a new money sink, people could hunt them and just make money out of it.

-People who got expensive bred Shinies and Gift Shinies could still use them.

Edited by Aerun

I'm totally down for Hidden Abilities being a breed-only thing (not like I have a choice if you stick to it, it's a dev decision) but honestly, if HA pills were made a rare item then where would the downside to it be? It'd be great for players and the economy while not making it too easy to obtain/purchase. 

Genuinely curious about why hidden abilities should only be breed-exclusive and not something attainable with an item. I didn't see anything wrong with it working both ways on particles.

9 minutes ago, Dibbzzz said:

Genuinely curious about why hidden abilities should only be breed-exclusive and not something attainable with an item. I didn't see anything wrong with it working both ways on particles.

Because this way people will have to spend time and money again to re-breed the comps they already made to actually stay relevant in this game. We already seen that approach multiple time during past few years, this is devs tactic to make you grind and actually play the game, instead of buying one HA pill and not care about the rest of the grind.

2 hours ago, Raichu4u said:

I don't wanna even invest into making comps when I know should just wait for hidden abilities. I'm not playing until then.

As far as I know once they are released. If you breed a HA mon with a non HA mon of the same species the baby will inherit the HA, meaning, if you breed a let's say 4x31 natured Breloom, you'll just have to breed a 5x31 HA Shroomish/Breloom with it in order to get a 5x31 Natured HA Breloom.

58 minutes ago, suigin said:

As far as I know once they are released. If you breed a HA mon with a non HA mon of the same species the baby will inherit the HA, meaning, if you breed a let's say 4x31 natured Breloom, you'll just have to breed a 5x31 HA Shroomish/Breloom with it in order to get a 5x31 Natured HA Breloom.

This is the same for shinies. It's not gonna be that big of a hit. In fact it will only make them more valueable in the long term. 

10 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Because this way people will have to spend time and money again to re-breed the comps they already made to actually stay relevant in this game. We already seen that approach multiple time during past few years, this is devs tactic to make you grind and actually play the game, instead of buying one HA pill and not care about the rest of the grind.

Which is why I said I don't really have a problem with it, it'd be the same as breeding a nature onto a Pokemon. But if it was a million dollar item (like 1% chance of finding it in dungeons) or a 50k BP item, wouldn't it arguably be equally as grindy to obtain? 

Idk, I just like the idea of more than one way of attaining something. 

22 minutes ago, Dibbzzz said:

Which is why I said I don't really have a problem with it, it'd be the same as breeding a nature onto a Pokemon. But if it was a million dollar item (like 1% chance of finding it in dungeons) or a 50k BP item, wouldn't it arguably be equally as grindy to obtain? 

Idk, I just like the idea of more than one way of attaining something. 

Wouldn't be grindy for the person that spends 4 seconds buying it off GTL.

Edit: Putting a 1m price tag on it doesn't change anything honestly, it's pocket change in the current economy.

Edited by Dazuzi
9 minutes ago, Dazuzi said:

Wouldn't be grindy for the person that spends 4 seconds buying it off GTL.

Edit: Putting a 1m price tag on it doesn't change anything honestly, it's pocket change in the current economy.

Isn't that how MMOs work? You pay in-game currency for the convenience of not grinding? It'd be as grindy/expensive as a comp mon. That's literally everything on the GTL, someone earned it, and put it up for profit. 

Edited by Dibbzzz
5 minutes ago, Dibbzzz said:

Isn't that how MMOs work? You pay in-game currency for the convenience of not grinding? It'd be as grindy/expensive as a comp mon. That's literally everything on the GTL, someone earned it, and put it up for profit. 

It all depends on how hard they want to push the whole 'you have to earn it' aspect upon the final release.

If the HA pokemon will indeed be tradable, then they might as well introduce the HA pill as a rare reward upon completing the dungeon, unless they are super fixed on having to go thru the rebreeding process again for some reason.

I feel like most of the devs concern about ha pill would be that they won't release every ha mon at the same time making ha pill the only way to obtain certain ha and potentially a way to obtain ha they don't want us to have becaus they are broken like speed boost blaziken for example. Making ha pill available does sound great if they are properly balanced but it might require to be implemented last sadly.

52 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

What could possibly be so important that the dungeon development has to be put on the side for?

19 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

I do read, but it still doesn't make sense.

As I pointed out in a post a few pages back:

On 1/8/2019 at 2:12 PM, Darkshade said:

However, some things came up - RMT issues, other features, holiday events. 

-----------------------------------------

We had to put our work on dungeons aside for a little while, because we wanted to give them the attention they required, and not rush them.

This is nobodies fault, but I think a lot of our players would have been unhappy if these things were not dealt with.

And given you that you were one of the people actively complaining about a lack of a Christmas event before we released one:

I don't understand how you can sit there and claim that it doesn't make sense.

4 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

As I pointed out in a post a few pages back:

And given you that you were one of the people actively complaining about a lack of a Christmas event before we released one:

I don't understand how you can sit there and claim that it doesn't make sense.

So does that mean that development is back on schedule, or....?

25 minutes ago, BoltBlades12 said:

So does that mean that development is back on schedule, or....?

Dungeons were never "Off schedule" afaik, the things which have been worked on before them were simply considered to be more urgent and therefore were higher priority than dungeons, such as the aforementioned RMT resurgence, and stuff like y'know making the video game work (Unova introduced a lot of moves, abilities, held items, etc).

Dungeons will be added when they are finished.

When will they be finished? Whenever everything else that is higher priority is finished and enough time has been spent to finish the dungeons themselves.
The reason ETA's for things like this aren't feasible is because things sometimes happen that no one can see coming that causes something to require fixing or changing that ends up becoming higher priority and therefore pushes back any previous ETA on when a dungeon would be finished (Things like bugs, exploits, an increase in botting or RMT, etc.)

11 hours ago, suigin said:

I still don't want to build a full meta comp for PVP right now so I just don't participate in it. At most, I can do exactly what you just said, but I do not want to spend money on getting moves onto that Pokemon, guaranteeing its nature, etc, when it's most cost efficient just to wait. So I am not participating in Pokemmo until HA are released.

54 minutes ago, Raichu4u said:

I still don't want to build a full meta comp for PVP right now so I just don't participate in it. At most, I can do exactly what you just said, but I do not want to spend money on getting moves onto that Pokemon, guaranteeing its nature, etc, when it's most cost efficient just to wait. So I am not participating in Pokemmo until HA are released.

and so your watch begins. I would expect some time will pass before we get first glimps on dungeons

3 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Hopefully now, whatever was so "important" that dungeons had to be postponed for is done. So that way there's implementation of what we ACTUALLY want, versus what we don't give a hoot about.

Dude, stop behaving like a spoiled brat. Your "we" is much smaller than you think. Maybe you are still young but in time you will learn that sometimes less fun things are more important.

3 hours ago, BoltBlades12 said:

Hopefully now, whatever was so "important" that dungeons had to be postponed for is done. So that way there's implementation of what we ACTUALLY want, versus what we don't give a hoot about.

Yeh honestly those little things you don't give a hoot about is keeping the game stable since most of it is fixing bugs and errors. If you had your way you'd be entering them dungeons with a character with 20 different hats and an hour of glitching before you can walk. So stop whining.