Upcoming Update and Dungeons

15 hours ago, Kyu said:

The difficulty and gameplay is intended to change depending on how many runs you've completed

No, it's the latter. I'm not sure about the multiple legendaries in a single one, but there will be multiple bosses in the first. Think Pumpking etc.

Will it be possible to catch same legendary more than 1 time?

3 minutes ago, Kyu said:

No

2 minutes ago, Quakkz said:

thanks god

I don't like this, because it takes away the uniqueness of owning a legendary.

Before you know it, they're refinable through breeding as well (breedable legendaries plsno).

Would've prefered to see a special system to increase IVs and reroll nature for legendaries by using the species in dungeons. Similar to how gearing works in mmorpgs during raids.

That way its uniqueness is preserved, incentive to run the dungeon for other purpose than HA catching after you've caught the legendary is also generated (up until you've got the nature/IV's perfected, which should be attainable with effort).

Just my thoughts, maybe the solution you've got in mind is better.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

I don't like this, because it takes away the uniqueness of owning a legendary.

Before you know it, they're refinable through breeding as well (breedable legendaries plsno).

Would've prefered to see a special system to increase IVs and reroll nature for legendaries by using the species in dungeons. Similar to how gearing works in mmorpgs during raids.

That way its uniqueness is preserved, incentive to run the dungeon for other purpose than HA catching after you've caught the legendary is also generated (up until you've got the nature/IV's perfected, which should be attainable with effort).

Just my thoughts, maybe the solution you've got in mind is better.

I didn't say they were going to be breedable. An upgrade system similar to that where stat refinement is tied to the instance is what we planned on

Edit: I don't think that limiting them to one per player is good though, because it limits accessibility to the species to the people who are willing to do the PvE associated with it. Having legendaries able to come to market by way of other players farming seems important to the health of the PvP scene to me

Edited by Kyu
Just now, Kyu said:

I didn't say they were going to be breedable. An upgrade system similar to that where stat refinement is tied to the instance is what we planned on

Is that tied to the idea that repeated clears are more difficult?

2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Is that tied to the idea that repeated clears are more difficult?

Somewhat, but not really. The idea is that the instance's gameplay changes between what are storyline-focused runs, and what are farming-focused runs. So we run a cool little storyline the first time, then the second time onwards we make it about the loot, and maybe in subsequent runs it changes a little more. But there can't actually be many difficulty changes between the 2nd and 99th run, because that encourages alt farming.

17 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Somewhat, but not really. The idea is that the instance's gameplay changes between what are storyline-focused runs, and what are farming-focused runs. So we run a cool little storyline the first time, then the second time onwards we make it about the loot, and maybe in subsequent runs it changes a little more. But there can't actually be many difficulty changes between the 2nd and 99th run, because that encourages alt farming.

I see. Will all pokemon found in a dungeon only be exclusive to that dungeon, or will some pokemon appear in multiple different dungeons? I am referring to non legendary / mythic pokemon, e.g. magikarp etc.

When it gets to the very far future where every mythical / legendary pokemon that is going to get one finally gets their own dungeon then we're going to have very few unique pokemon per dungeon after a point, do you forsee this being an issue down the road potentially? 

Edited by Matoka
1 minute ago, Matoka said:

I see. Will any pokemon found in a dungeon only be exclusive to that dungeon, or will some pokemon appear in multiple different dungeons? I am referring to non legendary / mythic pokemon, e.g. magikarp etc.

I couldn't say, sorry. That's too far down the line

1 minute ago, Matoka said:

When it gets to the very far future where every mythical / legendary pokemon that is going to get one finally gets their own dungeon then we're going to have very few unique pokemon per dungeon after a point, do you forsee this being an issue down the road potentially? 

I am skeptical that we would do unique dungeons for every mythical / legendary species, tbh. As you've mentioned, there is only so much gameplay variation which you can do within our mechanics, and I think that eventually the sprawl will be too much. So, consolidating potential areas is something which has been on my mind for a while.

21 minutes ago, Kyu said:

I couldn't say, sorry. That's too far down the line

I am skeptical that we would do unique dungeons for every mythical / legendary species, tbh. As you've mentioned, there is only so much gameplay variation which you can do within our mechanics, and I think that eventually the sprawl will be too much. So, consolidating potential areas is something which has been on my mind for a while.

i personally would like if for example the legendary birds all have a similar dungeon theme with similar mechanics, while the dog ones would work differently and so on.

Edited by Quakkz
3 hours ago, Quakkz said:

i personally would like if for example the legendary birds all have a similar dungeon theme with similar mechanics, while the dog ones would work differently and so on.

Well, it's likely that they'd share the same base concept/environment with their own elemental twist on it, if that's what you mean.

46 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Well, it's likely that they'd share the same base concept/environment with their own elemental twist on it, if that's what you mean.

Darkshade facing that inner temptation to just change the hue of his elemental bird dungeons and call it a day when making tile-sets.

it calls to you Darkshade, take the easy way out.... THE EASY WAY OUT.... the easy way.... out....

6 minutes ago, Matoka said:

it calls to you Darkshade, take the easy way out.... THE EASY WAY OUT.... the easy way.... out....

To be honest with you, for General cave tiles that's a fairly acceptable and likely scenario  (there are only so many ways to draw rocks afterall) but for things like lava/water, they really need to be their own entities.

The dungeons layout themselves of course will be different.

1 hour ago, Darkshade said:

Eventually, it's not a huge priority, and it will likely need to be re-thought a little bit in concept before it is implemented.

Do you think the update will be coming this week as expected or next week @Darkshade?

what's the point of being able to capture more specimens of a unique pokemon?

if it is unique it means that there is only one example of it

this is an MMO, it's not showdown or another pvp pokemon simulator

in my opinion the possibility of getting a legendary pokemon forever is a bad thing

It's much better as you have managed mewtwo and rayquaza

also because with mini games like those made for mewtwo you would compensate for the clear lack of gameplay in the pve

an example could be a dungeon in waves of pokemon / trainer to defend the legendary and then when the challenge is won register the legendary in the pokedex or get it for a certain amount of time

Edited by druido890
13 minutes ago, druido890 said:

in my opinion the possibility of getting a legendary pokemon forever is a bad thing

It's much better as you have managed mewtwo and rayquaza

sooo mind defending your opinion? Tell me why would getting legendary pokemons be a bad idea.

21 hours ago, redspawn said:

sooo mind defending your opinion? Tell me why would getting legendary pokemons be a bad idea.

I only say that having possession is a bad idea because the legendary are unique

this means that there are only 1 specimen

2 hours ago, DeadGorilla said:

you are aware of how many sets there are for like, all of them, right?

if with "sets" you mean the set of moves then I did not mean that.

I meant to say that the legendary pokeon specimens are unique in that there is only one

Just now, druido890 said:

if with "sets" you mean the set of moves then I did not mean that.

I meant to say that the legendary pokeon specimens are unique in that there is only one

But like, what's the reason behind it? x)

Legendaries should be available like every pokemon to everyone, it's only fair. They help the metagame, and it's a bit more content you can do in the game to make it less stall.

7 minutes ago, redspawn said:

But like, what's the reason behind it? x)

Legendaries should be available like every pokemon to everyone, it's only fair. They help the metagame, and it's a bit more content you can do in the game to make it less stall.

Agree on this.

And anyway, legendaries aren't confirmed to be one of a kind. Actually considering games and anime, they are pretty much confirmed the opposite.

Yes they're really rare, but at least most of them aren't unique (the ones which may be unique would be Dialga/Palkia/Giratina/Arceus).