Upcoming Update and Dungeons

5 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

I might misinterpret what you are asking for, but basically the "news" is anything said about the dungeon as the (presumably one) legendary is supposed to be released with its dungeon as I understand it

The concept is an instance (like Christmas event) where u catch HA pokemon and fight a final boss (legendary)

That seens the plan to me.

10 hours ago, Kyu said:

You get to punch some really hard bosses with your friends

Just to clarify, this means multiple bosses across multiple dungeons, not that there will be multiple legendaries / bosses within a single dungeon?

3 hours ago, Toupi said:

Are there plans to make dungeons with different level of difficulty? Or all will be at around the same level? 

The difficulty and gameplay is intended to change depending on how many runs you've completed

2 hours ago, Matoka said:

Just to clarify, this means multiple bosses across multiple dungeons, not that there will be multiple legendaries / bosses within a single dungeon?

No, it's the latter. I'm not sure about the multiple legendaries in a single one, but there will be multiple bosses in the first. Think Pumpking etc.

Ooo boy can't wait for my drip feed of fake content!  

Seriously guys, what the fuck... You claim you want to balance the game for nubs but here you go locking gameplay mechanics behind a bunch of bullshit that will likely be too hard for casuals to even consider attempting.  

Making HAs hard to get is toxic as fuck.  You are fucking over every single long term player in this game and making it hard to even play the 5th gen battle simulator.  

You guys seem to fail to realize, after all the bullshit, after I rebreed everything, I'm still just gonna be playing the 5th gen battle simulator.  The dungeons being like a fleeting deviation, only lasting maybe an hour before I never have to return again bar legendaries.  

You guys seem to literally disregard your community left and right.  Sacrificing the players base for the ""economy"", well guess what, economy aint shit with no playerbase either.  

Elvis presly said some very relevant shit, " Always listen to your fans" they are the reason you guys have a project to work on, if you notice you've pissed off everyone with some rediculous update, you should try and fix it not just basically give old members the middle finger pandering to a "new" fanbase that's just going to pay the storyline and then quit after anyway.

Here's an idea: instead of focusing on taking vanilla Pokemon mechanics and mmo-ifying them. You should take mmo mechanics and poke-fying them.  Grinding for hours for an ability is the opposite of fun, it's lifeless, fucking boring, and like I said before, fleeting. 

When you start brainstorming new ideas you should ask yourself 1 question: is this fun? You're making a fucking game for the kiddos. It's gotta be fun.  

I swear to god this game is a missed opportunity. We have the dankest market in any Pokemon game (RuneScape Grand exchange) but no pvp staking?? No player owned housing in cities??? No even attempt or consideration towards open wilderness pvp one day... No attempt or consideration towards open world mechanics, mining for resources, player classes and levels. With features like those you don't even need drip feed updates, they are so fun as it is you can play like that forever, maybe add a new class here and there etc.

Nobody gives a fuck about the concept of hidden abilities, when gen 5 was new we all thought it was fucking stupid they were locked behind the dream world and just gened them anyway.  Nintendo even undid all that and made them very easy to get in the friend Safari.  Learn from their mistakes.  Listen to the players who stay for long periods of time, because they see some sort of potential nobody else sees.  And please PLEASE consider adding mmo features instead of time wasting features.

1 minute ago, Kyu said:

No, it's the latter. I'm not sure about the multiple legendaries in a single one, but there will be multiple bosses in the first. Think Pumpking etc.

Oh so not every boss will be a legendary itself? this is interesting and something I hadn't anticipated. Thank you for the information, it sounds like you're going to make us work for that fancy new legendary, the effort required to find them as a result will hopefully allow them to continue to feel special even after quite a few of them exist in the game.

Will there be a story, or at least a plot-hook, to these dungeons explaining what is going on? or will the bosses, such as Pumpking esque enemies, mostly exist as surprises that aren't foreshadowed?

1 minute ago, Xatu said:
2 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Elvis presly said some very relevant shit, " Always listen to your fans" they are the reason you guys have a project to work on, if you notice you've pissed off everyone with some rediculous update, you should try and fix it not just basically give old members the middle finger pandering to a "new" fanbase that's just going to pay the storyline and then quit after anyway.

Alright, so, first off often times what fans want is not actually healthy for the longevity of the game.
I want a shiny politoed real bad cause I think it's a cool shiny, but I can understand that the 1/30,000 shiny rate is to help preserve the value of shinies in our economy.

MMO's die if the economy dies, and you can assert as some kinda looming threat that the playerbase will leave if this happens but currently the playerbase appears to have recently increased (due to influx of chinese players thanks to it being brought to attention in their communities(?))

Again, I've made the comparison before. There is no difference between an entirely new pokemon, like Garchomp being added to the game and a Hidden Ability pokemon being added to the game and also require breeding from scratch.
No one is screaming about how we'll have to breed a Garchomp from scratch when Sinnoh is added yet you complain about Hidden Ability pokemon, I think this is illogical and you are splitting hairs, everything new in this game that wasn't available before needs some effort to be assimilated into what pokemon you have currently, Hidden abilities are no different yet you make them out to be as some kinda make-or-break deal.

I do not mean this in a toxic way, but if you are genuinely upset about this and it is a deal breaker, then for your own sanity it may be best to play the battle simulators as you evidently are not happy with the core fundamentals of an MMORPG, this isn't even a Pokemmo concept, it is just baseline part of MMO's - that things need effort to be gotten.

2 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Alright, so, first off often times what fans want is not actually healthy for the longevity of the game.
I want a shiny politoed real bad cause I think it's a cool shiny, but I can understand that the 1/30,000 shiny rate is to help preserve the value of shinies in our economy.

MMO's die if the economy dies, and you can assert as some kinda looming threat that the playerbase will leave if this happens but currently the playerbase appears to have recently increased (due to influx of chinese players thanks to it being brought to attention in their communities(?))

Again, I've made the comparison before. There is no difference between an entirely new pokemon, like Garchomp being added to the game and a Hidden Ability pokemon being added to the game and also require breeding from scratch.
No one is screaming about how we'll have to breed a Garchomp from scratch when Sinnoh is added yet you complain about Hidden Ability pokemon, I think this is illogical and you are splitting hairs, everything new in this game that wasn't available before needs some effort to be assimilated into what pokemon you have currently, Hidden abilities are no different yet you make them out to be as some kinda make-or-break deal.

I do not mean this in a toxic way, but if you are genuinely upset about this and it is a deal breaker, then for your own sanity it may be best to play the battle simulators as you evidently are not happy with the core fundamentals of an MMORPG, this isn't even a Pokemmo concept, it is just baseline part of MMO's - that things need effort to be gotten.

Except I don't have a chomp already top kek.  

This game is more like a battle simulator than it is an mmo, the mmo features are few and far between and literally based around wasting time.  I emplore you to read my entire post bro .. I want it to actually be a mmo not just a lame ass grind with no reward than hurr Durr more battle simulator lol.

Don't tell me to quit because I don't agree like everyone else, it's not cool bro, and it's very toxic. I'm literally offering tons of advice as a game dev myself, I'm not just complaining, I'm offering options and solutions. Something I see nobody else doing btw. Y'all seem very complacent with fake content

1 hour ago, Xatu said:

This game is more like a battle simulator than it is an mmo, the mmo features are few and far between and literally based around wasting time.  I emplore you to read my entire post bro .. I want it to actually be a mmo not just a lame ass grind with no reward than hurr Durr more battle simulator lol.

Don't tell me to quit because I don't agree like everyone else, it's not cool bro, and it's very toxic. I'm literally offering tons of advice as a game dev myself, I'm not just complaining, I'm offering options and solutions. Something I see nobody else doing btw. Y'all seem very complacent with fake content

If you don't like something better be quiet man than making a fool out of yourself.

This is basically their game they work hard developing, you can't talk shit about their work after all is their hobbie.

9 minutes ago, Xatu said:

You clearly don't understand the logic then if you responded with "except I don't have a chomp already top kek"

my point is you don't have a HA pokemon already top kek

Stop treating Hidden Ability pokemon in your mind as the same species as non-hidden ability pokemon, mechanically in terms of how they are obtained and bred they are their own unique sub-species basically, I am saying that even if you have a comp Politoed it's the same kinda logic about complaining "I already have a comp Politoed, why can't I rebreed it for 10k into a comp garchomp?!" and "I already have a comp Politoed, why can't I rebreed it for 10k into a comp HA Politoed?!"

Everyone should realize, while not immediately apparent, they are basically different pokemon entirely based on how they interact with breeding.

Secondly, I never told you to quit, I told you that if you aren't having fun with a game that has explicitly repeatedly discussed the point which is a deal breaker for you personally and ultimately (while subject to change technically) decided that it will NOT be complying with your suggestion then you may wish to cut your losses and something else that lets you have fun rather than provoking you to put your arguement through a makarov chain generator every day and post about it ad nauseum on forums.

You can try to play the saint and say you are offering options and solutions as if no one is listening, but they are listening, they listen and address and critique your suggestions and decided that they are not solutions, there's also the fact that many people don't see this as a problem that needs a solution in the first place, I for one personally do not see any problems with the intended implementation of Hidden Abilities so ofc im not going to be offering solutions since I don't see any problems.

Im not going to continue to argue with you as I've given you enough time already, maybe even a surplus, I've made my points so Im not going to repeat myself anymore. I hope you can understand what i'm getting at.

Edited by Matoka
31 minutes ago, suigin said:

That feel when my Triple Bloody Boned +10 Pike[4] became useless when Assaulter Spear was released and the toxic devs at Gravity didn't check if it was fun to grind for the new item before adding it in.

Wow you actually played Ragnarok, surprised to see someone here.

6 hours ago, Takens said:

If you don't like something better be quiet man than making a fool out of yourself.

This is basically their game they work hard developing, you can't talk shit about their work after all is their hobbie.

just saying, by telling to xatu to shut up your basically saying that you don't care about the game becaus the only thing xatu does is care a lot for the game. okay i can give it to you he is not always the best with word and a little bit quick to jump on the pitchfork but still all he does is care for the game and wanting it to always be better.

4 hours ago, Gunthug said:

"This game is way too much like a battle simulator! So you should make HAs super easy to get"

Spicy hot take right there. I also like how @Xatu has already concluded that HAs are gonna be too hard for him to get. Love the confidence, coming from a highly cerebral player 

i don't think someone that rarely (if it ever happen) talk to say something else than mean stuff or pooped argument is qualified to talk about "highly cerebral player".

7 hours ago, Matoka said:

basically what xatu is saying is about pokemon that will be way outclassed by their HA version and thus rendering them near useless in the new meta without having another option than rebreed those same pokemon. it's just my guess but i think he is hinting on the high possibility that there will not be any HA pill. 

your argument about having to make a garchomp from scratch doesn't exactly fit here becaus no one has any version of it and when it will be introduced everyone will be equal about making one unlike for the HA pokemon where older player will nearly be penalized for having those pokemon allready when the new player won't have any issue at all with old pokemon now useless. and for the argument about simply reusing the the old comp to make a new one isn't an option for the people who are attached to their old pokemon (mostly the case for those that are named).

@Kyu i hope you're planing on having HA eeveelution in that first dungeon becaus that one pokemon would add the most possibility for HA pokemon (totally not saying that beacaus i am an eevee lover)

7 minutes ago, ThePrettyPetard said:

i don't think someone that rarely (if it ever happen) talk to say something else than mean stuff or pooped argument is qualified to talk about "highly cerebral player".

The irony of making a zero content response to my zero content post is lost on you, I'm sure. But keep defending xatu, that's a great look

You claim he cares about the game, but he doesn't. If he actually cared about making the game better and not just desperately grabbing for attention with every single post, he wouldn't be so abrasive, accusatory, and completely untruthful all the time. He refuses to take even an ounce of criticism, or remotely consider any attempt to compromise or explain alternative viewpoints. 

Meanwhile, the devs seem like they've been pretty clear they're not gonna just give out hidden ability pills. The correct response to this is not to constantly create new, useless threads begging them to reconsider without really even knowing all the details behind the implementation. 

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

The irony of making a zero content response to my zero content post is lost on you, I'm sure. But keep defending xatu, that's a great look

You claim he cares about the game, but he doesn't. If he actually cared about making the game better and not just desperately grabbing for attention with every single post, he wouldn't be so abrasive, accusatory, and completely untruthful all the time. He refuses to take even an ounce of criticism, or remotely consider any attempt to compromise or explain alternative viewpoints. 

Meanwhile, the devs seem like they've been pretty clear they're not gonna just give out hidden ability pills. The correct response to this is not to constantly create new, useless threads begging them to reconsider without really even knowing all the details behind the implementation. 

since i was going to post something anyway i wanted to say that your comment was just mean to him. but yeah i can see what you mean by that irony, just felt like you should be reminded that there was no need to be mean.

if xatu didn't cared for the game he wouldn't be making suggestion to make it better. and for his tread to grab attention honestly mainly grab attention becaus of his reputation and nearly everyone have a biased opinion on him making it very hard for him to get anything recognized. i can't say that all xatu's tread aren't to grab attention has some are there to grab the attention of the devs toward his concern.

for your argument that xatu doesn't take an ounce of criticism, yes he may have a hard time with taking criticism but most of it just seem to be becaus those are nearly saying your idea sucks becaus your xatu (something that seems a bit hard to deal with calmly for xatu). 

for your argument about explaning alternative view point i think i saw enough of xatu's tread to say that he isn't the best at explaining his point of view or idea so it take an extra effort for the one who read to fully understand what xatu want to say. everyone has their flaws and this seems to be one of xatu.

and lastly for your argument about giving free HA pill, i don't think that even xatu wants that. but having HA pill obtainable in some way (potentially via slightly harder way than to get the ha mon itself) to make it more even for every player at all time. maybe even have an npc that has low chance to be in the dungeon to be the one awakening the ha for the pokemon with an extra cost in money.

i think we are getting a bit off topic here so if you want to keep this argument going we maybe should take it somewhere else.

3 hours ago, p43992008 said:

Should I buy donator status ticket now? Or wait till andriod openbeta? Btw, I'm a beginner.

Donator status right now its an income for the developers they do this as a hobbie you can not be forced to do it, but if you want to help them a little buy it.

If you don't want to play the closed beta just wait this next week's update.