Upcoming Update and Dungeons

There were rumors for a long time of a Hidden ability pill and the new hidden ability breeding system. 

We are about to get into this huge patch/update where the first dungeon will released.

Has the staff member decided on which way would they like to take this one on?

Also how are the dungeon going to work last Xmas  we had something like  dungeon will we have to link with another player in order to get into this new dungeons too? 

Will Kyu find a way to stabilize the economy?

Watch it next time on The Adventures of SquirtleTV. c:

1 hour ago, FNTCZ said:

Where does it say that the first dungeon comes with this very update? (geniuenely curious) 

It won't come this update. In fact, Darkshade(in another thread, cba to search) confirmed they started working on them, although it's still at a very early stage.

Edited by redspawn
33 minutes ago, redspawn said:

It won't come this update. In fact, Darkshade(in another thread, cba to search) confirmed they started working on them, although it's still at a very early stage.

Weeeell knowing how often updates are launched here, you can't be sure the new dungeon will not be part of the new update xd (let's hope it is not) 

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

Bring the evidence man i haven't seen such thread + they said it was going to be a huge update/patch.

There's not going to be a Hidden Ability version of Ability Pills.

The next patch will not include a dungeon as currently the dungeon is in the early stages and needs a lot more work and in about two weeks (tm) we are getting a battle mechanics update for hold items, moves, abilities etc that should make everything that is available functioning.

Dungeons I believe I read somewhere would be a party up thing similar to the winter dungeon a while ago, though this may have changed as I haven't heard anything on it in a while.

Hidden abilities currently seem to be planned to be distributed by having a person obtain a pokemon from the wild (or trading for one) that has that hidden ability and then breeding it similar to egg moves onto a competitive pokemon with everything else you want (ivs, actual egg moves etc) and you can only breed Hidden Abilities within the same species. E.g. a Hidden Abilitiy Oddish cannot pass on a Hidden Ability to a Bellsprout, only to other Oddishes. 

Search function mannnnn 

(Also if you say provide evidence, Im not going to because you were too lazy to find the evidence for yourself and made a thread asking others to do it for you, and im not your slave, you're a big boy and can spend 2 minutes checking if I am making up stuff or not yourself)

Edited by Matoka
4 hours ago, Matoka said:

Hidden abilities currently seem to be planned to be distributed by having a person obtain a pokemon from the wild (or trading for one) that has that hidden ability and then breeding it similar to egg moves onto a competitive pokemon with everything else you want (ivs, actual egg moves etc) and you can only breed Hidden Abilities within the same species. E.g. a Hidden Abilitiy Oddish cannot pass on a Hidden Ability to a Bellsprout, only to other Oddishes. 

Well, that sucks. Makes me want to stop playing actually since all I do right now is breeding. And since I'll have to start all over when HA comes out then there's just no point in breeding right now.

Damn.

55 minutes ago, Archiver said:

Well, that sucks. Makes me want to stop playing actually since all I do right now is breeding. And since I'll have to start all over when HA comes out then there's just no point in breeding right now.

Damn.

Exactly, their system is terrible, but hopefully they rethink things. Especially for those who bred shinies, or won shiny prizes, to see their 'comp' shiny become obsolete.

20 hours ago, redspawn said:

It's to hard to give a quick search isn't it? 

Thanks Archiver, was on phone and was pretty late wanted to go catch some Z's.

I just saw the post and it only reveals that the Dungeons are on an early stage it doesn't confirm anything about not being ready for next patch.

19 hours ago, Matoka said:

There's not going to be a Hidden Ability version of Ability Pills.

The next patch will not include a dungeon as currently the dungeon is in the early stages and needs a lot more work and in about two weeks (tm) we are getting a battle mechanics update for hold items, moves, abilities etc that should make everything that is available functioning.

Dungeons I believe I read somewhere would be a party up thing similar to the winter dungeon a while ago, though this may have changed as I haven't heard anything on it in a while.

Search function mannnnn 

(Also if you say provide evidence, Im not going to because you were too lazy to find the evidence for yourself and made a thread asking others to do it for you, and im not your slave, you're a big boy and can spend 2 minutes checking if I am making up stuff or not yourself)

A couple months o weeks ago there was kyu or desu talking about hidden abilities and all the developers were having a debate over a pill or the breeding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not getting anywhere, @Kyu, @Darkshade and @Desu can you guys answer my questions?

Edited by Takens
3 hours ago, Takens said:

I just saw the post and it only reveals that the Dungeons are on an early stage it doesn't confirm anything about not being ready for next patch.

Please... you didn't start playing yesterday, did you? Took them 8 months to even come this point of wanting to update the abilities, moves and items. This update is about that. The next one will probably take months, and by months, I'd bet august/september.

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

Please... you didn't start playing yesterday, did you? Took them 8 months to even come this point of wanting to update the abilities, moves and items. This update is about that. The next one will probably take months, and by months, I'd bet august/september.

Man you are so fucking negative in every thread i've seen i would like the developers to answer those questions and not someone like yourself. Not trying be mean

btw takes them a lot because they focus on other stuff like the android. your excuses are pointless please leave the thread.

13 minutes ago, Takens said:

Man you are so fucking negative in every thread i've seen i would like the developers to answer those questions and not someone like yourself. Not trying be mean

btw takes them a lot because they focus on other stuff like the android. your excuses are pointless please leave the thread.

Which excuses? Need a dictionary aswell to learn what that means?

Negative? What is there to be positive about? Yeeeey took them 8 months to fix stuff that should have already be fixed months ago yeeeey so good! You're the one making dumb threads, when there's answers in 20 other threads. Learn to use the search bar in the top right. Also, keep in mind tho, if you want to stay positive, hey my dude, by all means stay, just don't expect things to happen as fast as you're expecting cause they wont.  

9 Days ago, 9, nine, they were still in the proccess of making the 'tile work' and brainstorm about it, do you think it's already done?

edit: decided to go and read, to make sure I wasn't going crazy. And well, all it took was a quick read. Look: 

440bd893dbaf8462ed90d982c3a70120.png

no dungeons mentioned. :)

Oh and also, consider the dungeons as an expansion, don't you think you'd at least get a teaser of some sort or announcement before them?

Edited by redspawn
6 hours ago, Takens said:

Devs tend not to respond to threads like this because answers to these questions already exist.

I have answered your questions by telling you what the devs have said on the matter previously(to my knowledge it should be up-to-date). If you choose to ignore the answers that you yourself want then that is your own decision, but do not be upset when you are rightfully criticised for not putting in any effort to find the answers yourself and then actively ignoring people who spent the time to provide you with those answers just because they aren't staff, that's just plain disrespectful.

Edited by Matoka
11 hours ago, Takens said:

@Kyu, @Darkshade and @Desu can you guys answer my questions?

There were rumors for a long time of a Hidden ability pill and the new hidden ability breeding system. 

We have opted to save Hidden Abilities for dungeons, and will release a them in separate groups (depending on what is appropriate for the dungeon).

Players will then be required to adventure into the dungeon to catch these Hidden Ability 'mon and use them in the breeding process to apply a Hidden Ability to their existing teams.

As we've discussed somewhere before (It would take me awhile to find the thread), we'll likely limit Hidden Ability breeding to requiring the same species within the breeding process when transferring the ability, so we can release them at the previously mentioned pace.

We are about to get into this huge patch/update where the first dungeon will released.

Unfortunately the dungeon we are working on is not yet ready for release - and won't be in time for the next patch.

As some had pointed out above, the content on the next patch is largely going to focus on fixing existing moves/abilities.

Has the staff member decided on which way would they like to take this one on?

Do you mean conceptually? (For the dungeon)

If so, we've got a fairly good idea of how we wish to do it - but I can't give too many details without giving away spoilers.

Also how are the dungeon going to work last Xmas  we had something like  dungeon will we have to link with another player in order to get into this new dungeons too? 

Some dungeons may require co-op, however it is unlikely that this one will.

Will Kyu find a way to stabilize the economy?

We believe that the introduction of dungeons will further aid the economy.

38 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

We have opted to save Hidden Abilities for dungeons, and will release a them in separate groups (depending on what is appropriate for the dungeon).

Players will then be required to adventure into the dungeon to catch these Hidden Ability 'mon and use them in the breeding process to apply a Hidden Ability to their existing teams.

why not just create an hidden ability pill, and give it like a possible reward for the dungeons or some like that?, what will happen with mons like the dragonite prize of the mewtwo seasonal and other prizes of the past?

5 minutes ago, Nawe said:

why not just create an hidden ability pill, and give it like a possible reward for the dungeons or some like that?, what will happen with mons like the dragonite prize of the mewtwo seasonal and other prizes of the past?

We're in discussions about tournament prizes (past and future), but nothing has been confirmed yet and I can't make any promises at this time.

3 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

We're in discussions about tournament prizes (past and future), but nothing has been confirmed yet and I can't make any promises at this time.

What about non-gift comp shinies ?

I'd like to get HA on my comp shiny venusaur without having to find a male shiny bulbasaur to fix it

5 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

its some, but still a lot of comps who will be need rebreeded only to have the HA

34 minutes ago, Darkshade said:

Not only about tournament prizes, I know that you guys pretty much oversee, and maybe only you (?), actually play the game of the 'devs'. So may I ask, why not just introduce a non tradeable hidden ability pill of some sort? If you want us to burn some cash, why not make it a non 100% drop, and dungeons requiring a fee to enter? Would still be a better choice than having to rebreed lets say an entire comp box. I doubt many players like that approach, as once again, they play the game a lot more than our said 'devs'.