Hydreigon & Draco Meteor

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

That's true, but this isn't the point of Fred's post (I guess I know him for long enough to learn to read between the lines around his posts). The point is that Fred (and me) doesn't think that this move should be taken away from Hydrei as it won't be gamebreaking.

I think it's high time we give Hydrei the chance to actually shine, it has currently around 21% usage which is fair, and I do not think Draco Meteor will push it over the limit. It already has a nasty 4mss and will be constantly walled by some certain pokes.

If you think we should move to "Hydreigon & Draco Meteor" thread, we can do that

If Hydreigon gains access to Draco Meteor, it might end up being banworthy (i personally think it would be). I don't mind if it ends up banned, but that's not necessarily what everyone wants and that's also not a risk some would want to take. TC only evaluates what's the risk, we are not the ones that decide if Hydreigon gets Draco Meteor or not.

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

If Hydreigon gains access to Draco Meteor, it might end up being banworthy (i personally think it would be). I don't mind if it ends up banned, but that's not necessarily what everyone wants and that's also not a risk some would want to take. TC only evaluates what's the risk, we are not the ones that decide if Hydreigon gets Draco Meteor or not.

I remember calculating and trying to find checks/counters for draco meteor hydreigon, and specs will 2HKO pretty much everything except spdef milotic and blobs.

So yeah you'd have to run one of these 3 pokes if you don't wanna get fucked by specs draco meteor hydreigon.

Probably not broken, but unhealthy for sure and very centralizing imo.

Edited by Aerun
33 minutes ago, Aerun said:

I remember calculating and trying to find checks/counters for draco meteor hydreigon, and specs will 2HKO pretty much everything except spdef milotic and blobs.

So yeah you'd have to run one of these 3 pokes if you don't wanna get fucked by specs draco meteor hydreigon.

Probably not broken, but unhealthy for sure and very centralizing imo.

unless add fairy type and ez

The draco meteor ban is necessary to keep hydreigon in ou, if it had access you eliminate the offensive pokemon that can switch into it.  We dont have steel legendary mons in our meta game which is what i assume kept it in check in gen 5 ou. Right now if you want to play offensively you have the option to switch in tyranitar/scizor and both of these just get annihilated by a specs draco. We are probably at that point forced to only have blissey/chansey as counter-play to it and then it always has the option of running a fighting move to deal with these. If Hydreigon learns draco it would be banned for offensive uber within 1 month. Just because it had access in other meta games doesn't mean it should in ours. I was also under the assumption that devs thought draco would be to strong in pvm which is probably what gbwead is referring to when he says its not entirely up to the tc. 

• Munya pinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.