Hydreigon & Draco Meteor

@Kyu I'll just ask it here hoping for an answer, no need to create another thread I guess.

About items like Air balloon and Focus sash; are those going to be consumed after use? Or are they coming back after the battle?

I'm specifically asking for battle facilities like battle tower, since in console games you get back berries and items like Air balloon for the next fight.

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Megumin said:

About items like Air balloon and Focus sash; are those going to be consumed after use? Or are they coming back after the battle?

They'll be consumed.

Also let's try in general to not sidetrack to other things, and keep focused on what to do regarding Hydreigon. To the people suggesting a reduction of Draco Meteor's BP, that's sadly not an option, I'd love to do that but we're sticking to the BP the original games have. Most people seem to be in favor of testing it before we conclude that it's banworthy unless I'm miscounting.

Is it just Hydreigon? Salamence and kingdra are scary too.  Will hydreigon be even more scary than it is right now? Dont think so. We get huge buffs with eviolite and even berries can reduce dmg. I mean how are we countering hydreigon atm.

Milotic: Your fucked if hydreigon plays charge beam and gets a single boost.  Mantine: Charge beam set and down Chansey: Work up down Tentacruel: Charge beam with boost down or earth power Snorlax: Fighting moves down

Lets say you lead with hydreigon.Does there something change if you have Draco Meteor or not. We have Focus Sash now (think twice if you attack or switch).If i am not mistaken the only pokemon who has to switch out cause of Draco Meteor is conkeldurr.

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 120 HP / 116 SpD Conkeldurr: 183-216 (93.8 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO //Hasty Nature

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 120 HP / 116 SpD Conkeldurr: 199-235 (102 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO   //Modest Nature

252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 112-135 (66.6 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO  //Sheer Force

By calculating random things i am getting more and more the feeling that you have with draco meteor and the -2 SpA a better way to deal with Hydreigon than before. O.o Thanks to the new stuff. O.o

A little sidestep: 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 192-228 (53.7 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO  FUN XD

This is why fairy type was invented...

Although this would be a pain for the devs to implement since it doesn't exist in the roms required for this game,

so this isn't really a solution. 

Therefore draco meteor too stronk, ban pls

11 hours ago, gbwead said:

Taunt Hydreigon

Hide contents

Hydreigon @ Leftovers  
Ability: Levitate  
Level: 50  
EVs: 196 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 52 SpD / 4 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Draco Meteor | Dragon Pulse 
- Taunt  
- Roost  
- Dark Pulse | Flamethrower

Counters: Calm Milotic, Aerodactyl, Calm Volcarona, Careful Scizor (if no Flamethrower), Lickitung, Lickilicky, Illumise (if no Flamethrower), Slowking (if no Dark Pulse), etc.

What

28 minutes ago, Risadex said:

What

Jolly Aerodactyl (228 HP/252 SpDef/20 Speed) is a pretty good wall against Volcarona, Togekiss and SD Gliscor. It's also pretty decent against some Hydreigon and Chandelure sets. Taunt Leftovers Hydreigon is slower than Aerodactyl and doesn't deal enough dmg to threathen it, so Aerodactyl walls it well considering pressure removes 2 of the draco meteor pp at once. Depending on the moveset, Aerodactyl can also be a huge annoyance for Skarmory.

Edited by gbwead
2 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Jolly Aerodactyl (228 HP/252 SpDef/20 Speed) is a pretty good wall against Volcarona, Togekiss and SD Gliscor. It's also pretty decent against some Hydreigon and Chandelure sets. Taunt Leftovers Hydreigon is slower than Aerodactyl and doesn't deal enough dmg to threathen it, so Aerodactyl walls it well considering pressure removes 2 of the draco meteor pp at once. Depending on the moveset, Aerodactyl can also a huge annoyance for Skarmory.

scouted

18 minutes ago, Risadex said:

What

Oh didn't you know ?
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aerodactyl: 153-181 (81.8 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Not even an Ohko, Aero OP, plus it can roost next turn. :Blackguythinking:
+! GB, will be making this once I'm done EV training my bold Rapidash.
xoxo
2 minutes ago, Lazaaro said:
Oh didn't you know ?
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aerodactyl: 153-181 (81.8 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
xoxo

nicolas-cage-gif-11.gif

2 minutes ago, Lazaaro said:
Oh didn't you know ?
xoxo

Plzzz. I listed Aero as a counter for leftovers Hydreigon, not Specs Hydreigon, so that's not what we were talking about.

23 hours ago, suigin said:

You shouldnt really run that mantine spread. you should have at least enough spdef not to be 2hko'd by specs peli huricane, anyways you didnt take lefties recovery into account for your 2 turn damage arguments either. all things into account I think we actually have enough tools to deal with draco meteor hydreig (offense sets up on it once it's fired off and stall has chansey, mantine etc)

Edited by FNTCZ
8 hours ago, MosesBrenner said:

Is it just Hydreigon? Salamence and kingdra are scary too.  Will hydreigon be even more scary than it is right now? Dont think so. We get huge buffs with eviolite and even berries can reduce dmg. I mean how are we countering hydreigon atm.

Milotic: Your fucked if hydreigon plays charge beam and gets a single boost.  Mantine: Charge beam set and down Chansey: Work up down Tentacruel: Charge beam with boost down or earth power Snorlax: Fighting moves down

Lets say you lead with hydreigon.Does there something change if you have Draco Meteor or not. We have Focus Sash now (think twice if you attack or switch).If i am not mistaken the only pokemon who has to switch out cause of Draco Meteor is conkeldurr.

252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 120 HP / 116 SpD Conkeldurr: 183-216 (93.8 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO //Hasty Nature

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 120 HP / 116 SpD Conkeldurr: 199-235 (102 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO   //Modest Nature

252+ Atk Life Orb Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 112-135 (66.6 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO  //Sheer Force

By calculating random things i am getting more and more the feeling that you have with draco meteor and the -2 SpA a better way to deal with Hydreigon than before. O.o Thanks to the new stuff. O.o

A little sidestep: 252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 192-228 (53.7 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO  FUN XD

So you are using: Work up charge beam draco meteor superpower hydreigon set?

I feel for Hydreigon.

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna help revive this thread again. In the standard BW meta Hydreigon was not banned, despite having ZERO counters. It was checked by several defensive pokes and could be RK'd by several faster offensive threats, which led to it sticking around. I guess BW also benefited from having perma-weather which made standard teams a little harder to run and negated the efficacy of Hydreigon switching in and spamming freely. 

Regardless, PokeMMO is about to benefit from Eviolite in a big way allowing Chansey and Porygon2 to stop any special Hydreigon, fearing only a mixed-set with Superpower which is pretty easily countered with Protect (mostly Chansey here).

From the prior OU Series Finale, it was evident that most players don't run dedicated special walls so a shift in the meta is an absolute must once we get Draco Meteor. 

Furthermore, simply not implementing Draco Meteor for Hydreigon seems pointless when we could just complex ban the move if it proves to be troublesome, but it does deserve at least a test in our new meta with Eviolite. Having Draco Meteor in PvE, regular playthroughs, E4/Battle Tower is a must just to maintain canon. 

13 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

I mean I agree it should be tested @DoubleJ but let's take any bw comparisons with a big massive grain of salt. You didn't even mention that gen 5 had access to a huge group of legendaries which provided general firepower and a power creep that overshadowed hydre's strength 

Yea, BW was generally more offensive in general. I tried not to venture down that road considering how "defensive" oriented PokeMMO is. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Ultrajesus said:

Now that Draco Meteor is implemented, what is the plan for Hydre? Unban?

Hydreigon won't be getting draco meteor, it was never banned, that specific move on it was due to it not being a move you could get normally, and we weren't even sure how we were going to handle the implementation(Or lack of as it is now) of the move on it yet.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.